Zagam

Priest Tier 14 (T14) Set Bonuses

Sign in to follow this  

12 posts in this topic

T14 Healer 2P Bonus - Reduces the mana cost of your spell_holy_flashheal.jpgFlash Heal spell by 20%.

T14 Healer 4P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance spell by 4 sec and reduces the cooldown of your spell_holy_circleofrenewal.jpgCircle of Healing spell by 4 sec.

T14 Shadow 2P Bonus - Increases the critical strike chance of your spell_shadow_shadowwordpain.jpgShadow Word: Pain spell by 10%.

T14 Shadow 4P Bonus - Increases the duration of your spell_shadow_shadowwordpain.jpgShadow Word: Pain and spell_holy_stoicism.jpgVampiric Touch spells by 3 sec, and increases the damage done by spell_shadow_mindflay.jpgShadow Word: Insanity by 15%.

Edited by Damien
Updated for Patch 5.1.
  • Like 2

Fairly standard stuff here for Shadow. Just some nice DPS boosts. I can't see either of these things affecting the rotation much. 4P will make things easier to manage with longer DoTs.

Fairly standard stuff here for Shadow. Just some nice DPS boosts. I can't see either of these things affecting the rotation much. 4P will make things easier to manage with longer DoTs.

I kind of thought it was unnecessary for the SW:P to have longer duration, since Mind Flay would refresh it anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong if they're going to change Shadow priests in MoP.

I kind of thought it was unnecessary for the SW:P to have longer duration, since Mind Flay would refresh it anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong if they're going to change Shadow priests in MoP.

Just posted an article about Shadow Priest changes. One of them is that spell_shadow_siphonmana.jpgMind Flay no longer refreshes spell_shadow_shadowwordpain.jpgShadow Word: Pain :)

• Like 1

The Shadow 4P bonus seems kind of weak at the moment since it doesn't directly increase your damage, just make your dots last longer!

I think all of the other dps specs got directly a dps boost on their 4P bonus Posted Image

The Shadow 4P bonus seems kind of weak at the moment since it doesn't directly increase your damage, just make your dots last longer!

I think all of the other dps specs got directly a dps boost on their 4P bonus Posted Image

It means you use up fewer global cooldowns over the duration of the fight refreshing your DoTs, which leaves you more time to cast other spells. I don't know how it fares against the other set bonuses, but for now let's assume they're balanced :)

I think it does eventually translate in a DPS increase. If you refresh your DoTs less often, then you are spending less time casting whatever spell you have to cast to refresh these DoTs. It means, that you can spend more time casting other harmful spells.

I think it does eventually translate in a DPS increase. If you refresh your DoTs less often, then you are spending less time casting whatever spell you have to cast to refresh these DoTs. It means, that you can spend more time casting other harmful spells.

Think I would prefer a pure dps increase rather than a DoT timer increase. I understand the whole extra cast-time but depending on encounters its not always the easiest to mess around with your DoTs! This is a holy priest talking ofc but still. Think I'd still prefer the other option :P

I heard from some guildies that multidotting will be king in MoP and an increased dot time really helps with this. Keeping your dots up on 4 enemies os quite hard but the extra duration gives you a little more time to do it. And it also goves you more time to cast other spells like mind vlast or mind flay.

It doesn't look like much and you might only win a couple of gcds per fight, but every little bit counts and in the end I prefer this over a flat 10% increase.

I heard from some guildies that multidotting will be king in MoP and an increased dot time really helps with this. Keeping your dots up on 4 enemies os quite hard but the extra duration gives you a little more time to do it. And it also goves you more time to cast other spells like mind vlast or mind flay.

It doesn't look like much and you might only win a couple of gcds per fight, but every little bit counts and in the end I prefer this over a flat 10% increase.

Multi-dotting damage was a bit out of hand on the first round of testing for The Stone Guard. Warlocks and Shadow Priests pushing 130k DPS is not really my idea of balance (that's with 3 targets up but only 2 of them taking damage). Other fights, like The Spirit Kings, have no additional mobs than the boss you are attacking.

I'm sure that multi-dotting damage will be brought to where it should be. Even so, this set bonus does seem like it will facilitate multi dotting.

I think it's interesting to keep an eye on this set bonus (and I believe Balance Druids and Feral Druids have similar ones) because it breaks the mold of the "straight DPS increase" set bonuses.

How do you guys feel about the healing 2 set bonus?

I don't particularly like it as a disc priest, mainly because I hardly ever use flash of light. Also, other healers are getting mana reduction to heavily used spells: Druids 10% reduced mana cost for Rejuvination

Do you think that the use of Flash of Light will increase come 5.0 launch?

How do you guys feel about the healing 2 set bonus?

I don't particularly like it as a disc priest, mainly because I hardly ever use flash of light. Also, other healers are getting mana reduction to heavily used spells: Druids 10% reduced mana cost for Rejuvination

Do you think that the use of Flash of Light will increase come 5.0 launch?

Think the four set bonus makes up for it for sure. I dont use flash much either and depending on the mana regen and gear etc early on I doubt I will use it at all.