Rambon

Retri paladin needs help.

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

As the topic says, I need some help with my paladin. I feel that I'm underperforming extremely during single target fights, such as Goroth. I feel sort of comfortable with my AoE encounters, but open to suggestion and advice there as well. 

I feel that I've focused on the wrong stats as well, because I've read somewhere that if you have the cloak, you should have around 28-30% haste.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/rambon 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/rambon - Take a look at the Goroth encounter, where I don't even reach the epic bracket for my IL.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the right and best rotation, my opening may differ tho. Open to input and advice, and of course criticism about my rotation.

If there is something I've missed in this thread, that someone notices that I'm doing wrong, please include it in your comment.

Thanks!

Edited by Rambon

More haste is luxury, you have very very high crit and your haste is still decent. Back when I was your itemlevel I had even lower haste and managed to put out more single target dps. Honestly I'm not sure what the problem is. You use the right talents, you have 4 set tier 19, 2 decent legendaries. Cloak being #2 bis and ring being #3 bis (till you have the 4 set tier 20). The belt can't make that much of a difference for you to hit or miss epic+ logs. Had a quick look at your log and saw you used 2 potions of old war (right?) apart from that, did you have both Kings & Wisdom up for the strength buff? Did you flask and use food? (Didn't look that long at your logs) but forgetting pots/food/flasks/buffs etc can be huge. Also were you on the boss 99% of the time or did you run away a lot? on Goroth I only run behind the pillars once, the other time I use bubble to be able to keep dpsing. Sorry if my comment isn't of much help, can't directly see anything wrong.

17 minutes ago, Shishikyu said:

More haste is luxury, you have very very high crit and your haste is still decent. Back when I was your itemlevel I had even lower haste and managed to put out more single target dps. Honestly I'm not sure what the problem is. You use the right talents, you have 4 set tier 19, 2 decent legendaries. Cloak being #2 bis and ring being #3 bis (till you have the 4 set tier 20). The belt can't make that much of a difference for you to hit or miss epic+ logs. Had a quick look at your log and saw you used 2 potions of old war (right?) apart from that, did you have both Kings & Wisdom up for the strength buff? Did you flask and use food? (Didn't look that long at your logs) but forgetting pots/food/flasks/buffs etc can be huge. Also were you on the boss 99% of the time or did you run away a lot? on Goroth I only run behind the pillars once, the other time I use bubble to be able to keep dpsing. Sorry if my comment isn't of much help, can't directly see anything wrong.

I actually think I forgot the kings and wisdom buff. But I highly doubt that would increase it by that much. I think I have two kills on Goroth with basically the same gear, and the first kill I'm using kings and wisdom.

I also use my shield during the AoE on the boss to maximize my DPS.

The only thing I'm not using are augment runes, everything else is fine.

Guess I'll just have to trade crit for more haste then, and see how it goes.

In already outdated gear of mine, from a week ago:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&view=rankings

zooming on my own skills used: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=9

I think, a huge thing i seemed to have missed is...

Kill times. 

Your kill time was very long/late. Like, your kill was around 3:38 mins no? After Crusade our dps falls off. Without CoF (Convergence of Fates from Nighthold) you have Cruasde +- at 0:00 - 02:00 - 04:00 if you use it off of CD. My kill was at 2:14 and I was using Convergence meaning our kill was right after my second Crusade. I think that's the whole issue. You're lacking in gear/itemlevel + just unlucky with your killtime. And CoF is huge till you start getting Tomb trinkets. Even then CoF might be good on fights like Harjatan mythic with the add phases where you want to have another Crusade ready. So either try to get CoF from Nighthold, or tell your guild to git gud and have better kill-times. :P 

One more look at your logs also tells us that even with such a horrible kill-time you performed better than the other Ret pala in your raid in your ilvl-brackets. Now those are tricky too and also depend on how many people are in that bracket but they usually mean a lot more on lower-average itemlevels vs top itemlevels. I am getting a bit off-topic with this now anyway. 

tl:dr; you performed well considering the bad kill-time your raid had on the boss. CoF could have been an essential trinket that could have compensated for the bad kill-time by allowing you to have a possible third Crusade. 

Also if you are interested in my current gear/ilvl & talents (I always log out with optimal single target simdps gear for wowprogress): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/shishikyu  

Edited by Shishikyu

7 hours ago, Shishikyu said:

In already outdated gear of mine, from a week ago:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&view=rankings

zooming on my own skills used: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=9

I think, a huge thing i seemed to have missed is...

Kill times. 

Your kill time was very long/late. Like, your kill was around 3:38 mins no? After Crusade our dps falls off. Without CoF (Convergence of Fates from Nighthold) you have Cruasde +- at 0:00 - 02:00 - 04:00 if you use it off of CD. My kill was at 2:14 and I was using Convergence meaning our kill was right after my second Crusade. I think that's the whole issue. You're lacking in gear/itemlevel + just unlucky with your killtime. And CoF is huge till you start getting Tomb trinkets. Even then CoF might be good on fights like Harjatan mythic with the add phases where you want to have another Crusade ready. So either try to get CoF from Nighthold, or tell your guild to git gud and have better kill-times. :P 

One more look at your logs also tells us that even with such a horrible kill-time you performed better than the other Ret pala in your raid in your ilvl-brackets. Now those are tricky too and also depend on how many people are in that bracket but they usually mean a lot more on lower-average itemlevels vs top itemlevels. I am getting a bit off-topic with this now anyway. 

tl:dr; you performed well considering the bad kill-time your raid had on the boss. CoF could have been an essential trinket that could have compensated for the bad kill-time by allowing you to have a possible third Crusade. 

Also if you are interested in my current gear/ilvl & talents (I always log out with optimal single target simdps gear for wowprogress): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/shishikyu  

I think I had CoF during that encounter. I tried Goroth again today, without CoF this time, and with Entwined + Faulty, and that actually increased my DPS by 150k for some reason. Dunno if it was the kill time, or just.. I dunno..

And of course I forgot to log that specific boss, but logged the rest of the bosses. I got to 801k DPS, so I checked what the other paladins in my bracket did on that boss, and I think I reached the 95% at least, so big improvement.

It was also a pug, not a guild run, so of course it's gonna be mistakes and a slower kill than a guild run. Going heroic tomorrow with my new guild, so hopefully it will be a clean and fast kill, so I can finally get some good logs on him. (:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FoxShine
      Hello! This is Fox from Velocity. We're a daytime Mythic raiding guild on Sargeras looking to enhance our roster with skilled and reliable players.
      The goal of Velocity is to take down mythic bosses while having fun. We believe the two are not mutually exclusive! We’re searching for like-minded players who are interested in playing at a high level in a laid-back environment. If you can joke around, then focus up when you need to; this is the guild for you. 
      Our core is composed of veteran raiders. Some of us have been playing together for years, and some of us are new friends. We have a solid core
      for our dream team – we’re just searching for a few more to help round it out! 
        [A] <Velocity> 10/11M, 11/11H – (5/9M 7/10M 7/7M)

Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs 
        Recruitment Needs
      Melee – Warrior, Rogue ::  DK, Monk, Enh
      Ranged DPS! – Hunter, Mage :: Warlock, Ele Shaman
      Healers - Shaman :: Disc 
      Tank – Flex
      Note: We are primarily looking for ranged DPS, and DPS with immunities, but we will consider any good player.

Requirements
      Players with some mythic raiding experienced is preferred. Looking for players that are geared and ready to jump into mythic content straight away or very soon. 

Attendance
      We are a guild of dedicated and ambitious players. Commitment to our raid times is mandatory. We’re interested in consistent players who are realistic and honest about their day-to-day schedule. Raiders are required to communicate any tardiness or absences via a Discord channel or through tells with an officer. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask for is a heads up!

Trial Period
      Three weeks from start date or 9 consecutive days demonstrating attendance and play. Start date begins on the 1st raid day you are present.

What you can Expect from us:
      Dedicated leadership, communication, well defined goals, and a sense of community. Apart from raiding we also run M+ with each other every week. 

What we expect from you:
      90% Attendance. Players who can survive and react to mechanics while excelling at their role of damage or healing. Many players struggle to do one, we are looking for both. Apart from this, just be a friendly player who’s always striving to improve. It might also be a good idea to bring a sense of humor.

If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Leave a reply here or send us a tell on BNET/Discord. Or you can go old school and send in-game mail to Starby-Sargeras or Foxshine-Sargeras! Thanks for checking us out and we hope to see you in gchat soon. 😃

BNET
      Fox#1713 (GM)
      Peach#1423 (Officer)

Discord
      Fox#7009
      Starby#8682
    • By Naska
      <Continuum> - [Chamber of Aspects][H] are recruiting!
      Current Progress: 5/11 Mythic Antourus
      We are a close knit and friendly community with an aim to push content. To our members we offer a mature environment, where people from all backgrounds can come together and play.
        We are looking for dedicated and reliable players that want to play the best of their ability and succeed while enjoying the game. We have an active Discord community and chatty members that play various games together! As well as raiders, we also accept social players that just want to play in an active environment with a good atmosphere.
      Looking towards Battle for Azeroth, we will be raiding as soon as possible and aiming for curves and mythic content. We do frequent Mythic+ dungeons as a guild as well as classic raids, older tiers and achievement runs.
      Our Leadership team is made up of many long time players that have extensive experience in all aspects of the game, especially in raiding.
      What we expect from our raiders:
      -Preparation: Know your class / spec well and come to raid prepared with knowledge of tactics and boss abilities - Raid  awareness is important.
      -Attendance: We ask our raiders to be reliable and the ability to have high raid attendance is essential. 
      -Attitude: Be patient, progression raiding can be both time consuming and frustrating. Don't blame people as it won't  really help anyone and be able to admit mistakes.
      Raiders can expect a focused raiding atmosphere, especially during progression content. We show NO favoritism, everyone must perform.
      When applying to the guild your logs will be taken into consideration and a trial period will apply. 
      We use Discord and the ability to listen in raids is mandatory - a working mic is beneficial but not essential. We are an English speaking guild, so a basic knowledge of English is required.
      We are always on the look out for new raiders - all roles and specs are considered!
      (It is an advantage for Healers to have a DPS offspec)

Raid Schedule:
      Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday - Start 20.00 - Finish 23.00 Server time
      (Grouping at 19.45)
      Optional; Saturday - Start 20.00 - Finish 23.00 Server time
      (Grouping at 19.45)
      Always on the look out for new raiders - all roles and specs considered!
      (It is an advantage for healers to have a DPS offspec)
      For further information contact Naska#21173 on battlenet and I will respond as soon as possible. Alternatively leave a comment below!
      Note: Continuum has a zero tolerance policy on racism, sexism and homophobia.

• By Babblet
      Location: Horde, US Connected Realms: Aegwynn, Bonechewer, Daggerspine, Gurubashi, Hakkar. 
      Raiding Times: Mon/Tue 7:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us:
      We are former nolife raiders who now enjoy spending time outside our basements in the real world. Our total play time has decreased slightly but we still strive to meaningfully progress our characters through end game raiding. Currently we are recruiting new members to help us progress in the upcoming expansion. Join us and lets slay Dragons together!
      Apply if you are:
      interested in end game content; M+ Dungeons and Heroic/Mythic Raiding capable of critical thought and willing to contribute when discussing strategy a self-starter who plays to improve and keep up to date with latest theorycraft always on time and reliable  
      Recruitment Status: currently recruiting Ranged DPS, Healing classes.

Contacts/Battle Tags:
      Shig#1825 (Guild Master)
      Silvadine#1273 (Officer)
      Discord:
      Shig#8835
      Silvadine#1277
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By Lookingfrwrk
      Hello, first time poster. I have read many of the threads here regarding Ret dps and most of them seem to be specific to the poster's gear or situation so I'm hoping to get some help with my gear and rotation specifically. I started using Hekili 2 weeks ago and have seen a massive improvement in my DPS. I have gone from almost all gray and green parses to mostly blue with a couple green parses, but I would like to get to purple (80%+). I don't really care about multi target DPS sims as I will always do better on those fights due to Divine Storm spams. Also looking for a little clarification on stat weights. There's definitely a couple items that could be replaced - 4 months of killing Varimathras every week and he refuses to drop Seeping Scourgewing but I got lucky a couple weeks ago and got Aman'Thul's (the dream trinket). Also need the BiS leggo cloak but I keep getting all the other leggos so I'm hoping eventually I will get it.
      Currently sitting at 26% Crit - 26% - Haste - 61% Mastery - 18% Versatility
      Stat weights: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/jSqu4orZZWC4cMnLteGYx9
      Single Target Sim: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/wEaDtJGJAKnanpn9Eogy6L
      Currently mastery and versatility are my highest weight. So if I change my enchants or gems for more mastery/vers instead of haste, then haste becomes my highest weight, so what is the point of looking at this? What percentages would be ideal?
      Today's Normal ABT log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gjbRr3PcMdX1Va26/
      Today's Heroic ABT log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fwC3ATFPQyZdKz7G/
      I am really taking hits on movement fights. What can I do to improve my DPS on heavy mechanic and movement fights like Coven, Imonar, and Garothi? Typically I get hit with a lot decimates and sleep so I have to constantly run in and out which is why I use Crusade for 2 charges. Sometimes I get lucky and don't have to deal with it very much.
      I mostly play ranged casters but am having difficulty performing well for my ilvl on those toons too. My 948 enhancement shaman typically pulls 1.5M-1.7M ST which is generally what my pally pulls. So I think I'm just having a hard time with certain classes.
      Thank you.
      (I did not include link to armory because armory stats are not updated to what they actually are on mine or any other character that I look up.)