Rambon

Retri paladin needs help.

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

As the topic says, I need some help with my paladin. I feel that I'm underperforming extremely during single target fights, such as Goroth. I feel sort of comfortable with my AoE encounters, but open to suggestion and advice there as well. 

I feel that I've focused on the wrong stats as well, because I've read somewhere that if you have the cloak, you should have around 28-30% haste.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/rambon 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/rambon - Take a look at the Goroth encounter, where I don't even reach the epic bracket for my IL.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the right and best rotation, my opening may differ tho. Open to input and advice, and of course criticism about my rotation.

If there is something I've missed in this thread, that someone notices that I'm doing wrong, please include it in your comment.

Thanks!

Edited by Rambon

More haste is luxury, you have very very high crit and your haste is still decent. Back when I was your itemlevel I had even lower haste and managed to put out more single target dps. Honestly I'm not sure what the problem is. You use the right talents, you have 4 set tier 19, 2 decent legendaries. Cloak being #2 bis and ring being #3 bis (till you have the 4 set tier 20). The belt can't make that much of a difference for you to hit or miss epic+ logs. Had a quick look at your log and saw you used 2 potions of old war (right?) apart from that, did you have both Kings & Wisdom up for the strength buff? Did you flask and use food? (Didn't look that long at your logs) but forgetting pots/food/flasks/buffs etc can be huge. Also were you on the boss 99% of the time or did you run away a lot? on Goroth I only run behind the pillars once, the other time I use bubble to be able to keep dpsing. Sorry if my comment isn't of much help, can't directly see anything wrong.

17 minutes ago, Shishikyu said:

More haste is luxury, you have very very high crit and your haste is still decent. Back when I was your itemlevel I had even lower haste and managed to put out more single target dps. Honestly I'm not sure what the problem is. You use the right talents, you have 4 set tier 19, 2 decent legendaries. Cloak being #2 bis and ring being #3 bis (till you have the 4 set tier 20). The belt can't make that much of a difference for you to hit or miss epic+ logs. Had a quick look at your log and saw you used 2 potions of old war (right?) apart from that, did you have both Kings & Wisdom up for the strength buff? Did you flask and use food? (Didn't look that long at your logs) but forgetting pots/food/flasks/buffs etc can be huge. Also were you on the boss 99% of the time or did you run away a lot? on Goroth I only run behind the pillars once, the other time I use bubble to be able to keep dpsing. Sorry if my comment isn't of much help, can't directly see anything wrong.

I actually think I forgot the kings and wisdom buff. But I highly doubt that would increase it by that much. I think I have two kills on Goroth with basically the same gear, and the first kill I'm using kings and wisdom.

I also use my shield during the AoE on the boss to maximize my DPS.

The only thing I'm not using are augment runes, everything else is fine.

Guess I'll just have to trade crit for more haste then, and see how it goes.

In already outdated gear of mine, from a week ago:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&view=rankings

zooming on my own skills used: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=9

I think, a huge thing i seemed to have missed is...

Kill times. 

Your kill time was very long/late. Like, your kill was around 3:38 mins no? After Crusade our dps falls off. Without CoF (Convergence of Fates from Nighthold) you have Cruasde +- at 0:00 - 02:00 - 04:00 if you use it off of CD. My kill was at 2:14 and I was using Convergence meaning our kill was right after my second Crusade. I think that's the whole issue. You're lacking in gear/itemlevel + just unlucky with your killtime. And CoF is huge till you start getting Tomb trinkets. Even then CoF might be good on fights like Harjatan mythic with the add phases where you want to have another Crusade ready. So either try to get CoF from Nighthold, or tell your guild to git gud and have better kill-times. :P 

One more look at your logs also tells us that even with such a horrible kill-time you performed better than the other Ret pala in your raid in your ilvl-brackets. Now those are tricky too and also depend on how many people are in that bracket but they usually mean a lot more on lower-average itemlevels vs top itemlevels. I am getting a bit off-topic with this now anyway. 

tl:dr; you performed well considering the bad kill-time your raid had on the boss. CoF could have been an essential trinket that could have compensated for the bad kill-time by allowing you to have a possible third Crusade. 

Also if you are interested in my current gear/ilvl & talents (I always log out with optimal single target simdps gear for wowprogress): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/shishikyu  

Edited by Shishikyu

7 hours ago, Shishikyu said:

In already outdated gear of mine, from a week ago:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&view=rankings

zooming on my own skills used: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=9

I think, a huge thing i seemed to have missed is...

Kill times. 

Your kill time was very long/late. Like, your kill was around 3:38 mins no? After Crusade our dps falls off. Without CoF (Convergence of Fates from Nighthold) you have Cruasde +- at 0:00 - 02:00 - 04:00 if you use it off of CD. My kill was at 2:14 and I was using Convergence meaning our kill was right after my second Crusade. I think that's the whole issue. You're lacking in gear/itemlevel + just unlucky with your killtime. And CoF is huge till you start getting Tomb trinkets. Even then CoF might be good on fights like Harjatan mythic with the add phases where you want to have another Crusade ready. So either try to get CoF from Nighthold, or tell your guild to git gud and have better kill-times. :P 

One more look at your logs also tells us that even with such a horrible kill-time you performed better than the other Ret pala in your raid in your ilvl-brackets. Now those are tricky too and also depend on how many people are in that bracket but they usually mean a lot more on lower-average itemlevels vs top itemlevels. I am getting a bit off-topic with this now anyway. 

tl:dr; you performed well considering the bad kill-time your raid had on the boss. CoF could have been an essential trinket that could have compensated for the bad kill-time by allowing you to have a possible third Crusade. 

Also if you are interested in my current gear/ilvl & talents (I always log out with optimal single target simdps gear for wowprogress): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/shishikyu  

I think I had CoF during that encounter. I tried Goroth again today, without CoF this time, and with Entwined + Faulty, and that actually increased my DPS by 150k for some reason. Dunno if it was the kill time, or just.. I dunno..

And of course I forgot to log that specific boss, but logged the rest of the bosses. I got to 801k DPS, so I checked what the other paladins in my bracket did on that boss, and I think I reached the 95% at least, so big improvement.

It was also a pug, not a guild run, so of course it's gonna be mistakes and a slower kill than a guild run. Going heroic tomorrow with my new guild, so hopefully it will be a clean and fast kill, so I can finally get some good logs on him. (:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FoxShine
      Hello! This is Fox from Velocity. We're a not-so-hardcore morning Mythic raiding guild on Sargeras. Currently 1/9M, 9/9H ToS. Last tier we reached 7/10M NH in the two months leading up to ToS. Now we'll be focusing on Mythic ToS progression. A fun fact about us, since were a morning guild we actually got 2 realm 1st's on Heroic. Worldwide our H Goroth kill was 15th, and Demonic Inquisition was 8th (according to wowprogress). Were looking for good and reliable players for our roster, mainly DPS, who can learn the fights quickly and attend our early raid times. 
      [A] <Velocity> 1/9M 9/9H (7/10M) - MORNING raid LFM
      Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs / Mon(Opt/Alt)[/quote]

Looking for:
      Currently Need
      Ranged - Mage, Ele Sham, Hunter, Warlock, Boomkin
      Melee - Rogue, Ret Pally, Warrior, Demon Hunter
      Would consider
      Healer - Resto Sham, Holy Pal, Disc Priest.
      Tank - Flex Bear
        Requirements: 
      Item Lvl:  915+/-
      Exp:  9/9H (Pref), 8/9H ok

*Specific classes are listed above as preference. However, any class is welcomed! We will consider anyone who is willing to join and can commit to our raid times, we may also make exceptions if you are under the requirements.

Expectations:
      We’re not super hardcore, we like having fun, but we do have high standards; so we expect our raiders to play their class well, come prepared, FOLLOW MECHANICS, have a sense of humor (or not) and adapt quickly. Prior Mythic raiding experience is a plus, though not necessary if you're a fast learner. 
      Due to our morning raid times, we encourage everybody to communicate about attendance via Calendar invites, Discord channels, or through tells with an officer. It’s important to know who will be available week-by-week so we can make arrangements for raid days. This is necessary to avoid setbacks and keep up with progression! We are very understanding when someone needs to post-out. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask is for a heads up!
        Perks: Feasts, Codex, Spirit Cauldrons, near-unlimited guild repairs, and the occasional gem or enchants. We run alt raids and Mythic+ 15s with each other each week. We're a tight-knit guild, who's always joking around and helping each other out. We also play other games together outside of WoW, like Overwatch, SC2, Heroes, Diablo, Dota2, LoL and whatever else.

Additional Info: The morning slot is kind of niche, so it’s important we find players who are dedicated and realistic with their schedules.
      Our Officers are veteran players who have experience raiding at high levels, as well as a majority of our core players. We want to uphold a certain level of standard, the point being that we can joke and have fun while getting stuff done.
      If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Leave a reply here, send us a tell on BNET or in game. Or be old school and send an in-game mail! Thanks for reading, and we hope to hear from you soon! =D

Fox#1713
      Peach#1423 
      Ezmaya#1410
    • By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!

• By Aachoo
      [Lightbringer][A] <Novus Sanctum> (9/9N 7/9H ToS) LF Melee/Ranged DPS
      Recruiting:
      Ranged DPS
      •    Shaman
      •    Mage
      •    Warlock
      •    Priest
      Melee DPS
      •    Warrior
      •    Rogue
      •    Death Knight
      •    Demon Hunter
      Raid Times (PST):
      •    Tuesday: 5:45 PM - 8:30 PM
      •    Thursday: 5:45 PM - 8:30 PM
      •    Saturday(fun raid): 5:45 PM - 8:30 PM
      Application:
      •   http://novuskiller.enjin.com/
      Please fill out the application if you are interested in joining. If you have any other
      questions or concerns, please contact Wiretwister#1209 on battle net, Melyssana, or Breebird
      About <Novus Sanctum>:
      9/9 N TOS : 7/9 H TOS
      We’re looking for a few good players to join our ranks so that we can push into Mythic
      Tomb of Sargeras as well as get ready for Argus raids.
      What you need:
      •    Be knowledgeable about your class—know: optimal talents, stats, gear, gems,
      enchants, rotation
      •    Pull 500k dps minimum
      •    Be ilvl 900
      •    Have the first point of Concordance of the Legionfall.
      •    Have the appropriate addons and keep them up to date (DBM, EPGP, Exorsus Raid
      Tools.)
      •    Have a positive and constructive attitude. 
      We expect all our raiders to come prepared before raid. This includes flask, pots, tomes,
      and being ON TIME.  
      Why should you join Novus Sanctum?
      We are not only a progression raiding guild, we are a friendly home for everyone who
      joins.  The atmosphere of the guild is friendly, helpful, supportive, and rewarding.  
      When it's time for business to be handled in raid, we do it, but we have fun at the same
      time.
      We regularly run dungeons, Mythic+, and even old content if we get the urge. To add a bit
      onto this, we're mainly worried about the points into your weapon. We can gear you up to
      where you need to be pretty quickly but we can't level your weapon for you. So, as long
      as your weapon is in a pretty good spot and your gear isn't 825, hit Aachoo or Melyssana
      up in game.
      We would rather bring players who are willing to learn and execute mechanics even if
      their DPS might be a bit lower than those who only care about the meters and nothing
      else.

If you have any questions, contact our raid lead Melyssana or recruiter Aachoo, or Breebird
    • By kyanuweebs
      Hello Hello!
      Our newly formed raiding guild "I Need Healing" is looking for people to fill our roster. We are respectful and nice to each other and raid in a relaxed environment, trying to be focussed at all times.
      Currently we are looking for RDPS a Healer and a rogue. Our progression is ToS 7/9 HC.As soon as we are finished with ToS HC we will move onward with Mythic Content, thats why we need people who want to progress and show activity!
      The progression raid days are Monday / Thursday / Sunday at 8PM server time. We raid to 11PM sometimes to 12PM if everyone is able. We also host ToS Normal and NH HC at different occasions.
      The requirements are as followed: decent iLvl for HC (around 910), knowledge about your class and preferably raiding experience. Patience and the will to progress is mandatory! If you wish to join or have more questions about the guild you can /w Hwip , Thepapajohn , Ghostpepper or Leggings.
    • By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> H6/9 weekday 6pm-8:30p EST raid times. Tank and RDPS needed. We also have a reward system where you can receive game time & game store items paid for by the guild. If interested pst me. Also visit us at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com
      Who Are We?
      Originally established in Tichondrius-US during the WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes like in-game items(gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups.
      RAID SCHEDULE
      Alternating raid weeks
      (Varying days scheduled a month out)Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 6:00PM-8:30PM EST
      We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (5:45PM EST) to start pulls at 6:00PM EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/emerald-dream/Return+With+Honor
      RATED BATTLEGROUNDS
      The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events
      Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.
      If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself by in-game message or mail
      contact me at #ActionJack11202