Rambon

Retri paladin needs help.

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

As the topic says, I need some help with my paladin. I feel that I'm underperforming extremely during single target fights, such as Goroth. I feel sort of comfortable with my AoE encounters, but open to suggestion and advice there as well. 

I feel that I've focused on the wrong stats as well, because I've read somewhere that if you have the cloak, you should have around 28-30% haste.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/rambon 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/rambon - Take a look at the Goroth encounter, where I don't even reach the epic bracket for my IL.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the right and best rotation, my opening may differ tho. Open to input and advice, and of course criticism about my rotation.

If there is something I've missed in this thread, that someone notices that I'm doing wrong, please include it in your comment.

Thanks!

Edited by Rambon

More haste is luxury, you have very very high crit and your haste is still decent. Back when I was your itemlevel I had even lower haste and managed to put out more single target dps. Honestly I'm not sure what the problem is. You use the right talents, you have 4 set tier 19, 2 decent legendaries. Cloak being #2 bis and ring being #3 bis (till you have the 4 set tier 20). The belt can't make that much of a difference for you to hit or miss epic+ logs. Had a quick look at your log and saw you used 2 potions of old war (right?) apart from that, did you have both Kings & Wisdom up for the strength buff? Did you flask and use food? (Didn't look that long at your logs) but forgetting pots/food/flasks/buffs etc can be huge. Also were you on the boss 99% of the time or did you run away a lot? on Goroth I only run behind the pillars once, the other time I use bubble to be able to keep dpsing. Sorry if my comment isn't of much help, can't directly see anything wrong.

17 minutes ago, Shishikyu said:

More haste is luxury, you have very very high crit and your haste is still decent. Back when I was your itemlevel I had even lower haste and managed to put out more single target dps. Honestly I'm not sure what the problem is. You use the right talents, you have 4 set tier 19, 2 decent legendaries. Cloak being #2 bis and ring being #3 bis (till you have the 4 set tier 20). The belt can't make that much of a difference for you to hit or miss epic+ logs. Had a quick look at your log and saw you used 2 potions of old war (right?) apart from that, did you have both Kings & Wisdom up for the strength buff? Did you flask and use food? (Didn't look that long at your logs) but forgetting pots/food/flasks/buffs etc can be huge. Also were you on the boss 99% of the time or did you run away a lot? on Goroth I only run behind the pillars once, the other time I use bubble to be able to keep dpsing. Sorry if my comment isn't of much help, can't directly see anything wrong.

I actually think I forgot the kings and wisdom buff. But I highly doubt that would increase it by that much. I think I have two kills on Goroth with basically the same gear, and the first kill I'm using kings and wisdom.

I also use my shield during the AoE on the boss to maximize my DPS.

The only thing I'm not using are augment runes, everything else is fine.

Guess I'll just have to trade crit for more haste then, and see how it goes.

In already outdated gear of mine, from a week ago:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&view=rankings

zooming on my own skills used: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=9

I think, a huge thing i seemed to have missed is...

Kill times. 

Your kill time was very long/late. Like, your kill was around 3:38 mins no? After Crusade our dps falls off. Without CoF (Convergence of Fates from Nighthold) you have Cruasde +- at 0:00 - 02:00 - 04:00 if you use it off of CD. My kill was at 2:14 and I was using Convergence meaning our kill was right after my second Crusade. I think that's the whole issue. You're lacking in gear/itemlevel + just unlucky with your killtime. And CoF is huge till you start getting Tomb trinkets. Even then CoF might be good on fights like Harjatan mythic with the add phases where you want to have another Crusade ready. So either try to get CoF from Nighthold, or tell your guild to git gud and have better kill-times. :P 

One more look at your logs also tells us that even with such a horrible kill-time you performed better than the other Ret pala in your raid in your ilvl-brackets. Now those are tricky too and also depend on how many people are in that bracket but they usually mean a lot more on lower-average itemlevels vs top itemlevels. I am getting a bit off-topic with this now anyway. 

tl:dr; you performed well considering the bad kill-time your raid had on the boss. CoF could have been an essential trinket that could have compensated for the bad kill-time by allowing you to have a possible third Crusade. 

Also if you are interested in my current gear/ilvl & talents (I always log out with optimal single target simdps gear for wowprogress): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/shishikyu  

Edited by Shishikyu

7 hours ago, Shishikyu said:

In already outdated gear of mine, from a week ago:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&view=rankings

zooming on my own skills used: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3MdDf7hAPY2yZVFK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=9

I think, a huge thing i seemed to have missed is...

Kill times. 

Your kill time was very long/late. Like, your kill was around 3:38 mins no? After Crusade our dps falls off. Without CoF (Convergence of Fates from Nighthold) you have Cruasde +- at 0:00 - 02:00 - 04:00 if you use it off of CD. My kill was at 2:14 and I was using Convergence meaning our kill was right after my second Crusade. I think that's the whole issue. You're lacking in gear/itemlevel + just unlucky with your killtime. And CoF is huge till you start getting Tomb trinkets. Even then CoF might be good on fights like Harjatan mythic with the add phases where you want to have another Crusade ready. So either try to get CoF from Nighthold, or tell your guild to git gud and have better kill-times. :P 

One more look at your logs also tells us that even with such a horrible kill-time you performed better than the other Ret pala in your raid in your ilvl-brackets. Now those are tricky too and also depend on how many people are in that bracket but they usually mean a lot more on lower-average itemlevels vs top itemlevels. I am getting a bit off-topic with this now anyway. 

tl:dr; you performed well considering the bad kill-time your raid had on the boss. CoF could have been an essential trinket that could have compensated for the bad kill-time by allowing you to have a possible third Crusade. 

Also if you are interested in my current gear/ilvl & talents (I always log out with optimal single target simdps gear for wowprogress): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/shishikyu  

I think I had CoF during that encounter. I tried Goroth again today, without CoF this time, and with Entwined + Faulty, and that actually increased my DPS by 150k for some reason. Dunno if it was the kill time, or just.. I dunno..

And of course I forgot to log that specific boss, but logged the rest of the bosses. I got to 801k DPS, so I checked what the other paladins in my bracket did on that boss, and I think I reached the 95% at least, so big improvement.

It was also a pug, not a guild run, so of course it's gonna be mistakes and a slower kill than a guild run. Going heroic tomorrow with my new guild, so hopefully it will be a clean and fast kill, so I can finally get some good logs on him. (:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Exploit
      Hi everyone,
      I, like many others, are trying to maximize DPS for their respective classes, mine in particular being ret paladin.
      In general, it seems like there are several sources of information for dps for each class.
      Icy Veins Mr Robot Raidbots (Simulation Craft) Warcraft Logs Each with its own set of criteria as to what determines high dps. And I find inconsistency when bouncing between the different sources. I want to understand what am I missing when it comes to each. I will lay out what I currently understand, and would like some feedback as to what I may not be considering in each as well as some advice as to what other options I could be exploring (resources) to further the insight into whats applicable for my current state.
      Icy Veins
      For Icy Veins, in particular, the stat weights, are mostly vaguely determined. From the ret guide:

If I am reading this right, its Mastery >= Haste > Ver >= Crit = Str
      Mr Robot
      I use the addOn and I subscribe for the Best In Bags function. When I plug in my information in, the site recommends that I go with my 2pce t20 and balance around my legendaries with a focus on haste pieces (haste gems are emphasized).
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/a42136294c7f40b2b7ee78023306d786
      Stat weights as listed in MrRobot:
      MrRobot Stat Weights
      From what I am seeing, Crit is most emphasized, and the one crit gem + ring crit enchants were originally recommended by MrRobot here. Also another notable thing here is haste being way behind crit's potential.
      RaidBots (Simc)
      For RaidBots, I use the addOn, and play around with various items I hoard, and use the stat weights functions. Generally the feedback I get here are to stick with the current gem setup and with regards to stat weights, emphasize at my current setup with crit. It also says I should drop some of my high ilvl pieces (935 head, and 960 chest) for 4pce (915 head, lfr 890 chest)
      Gear simc:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/d3Qbkf6nqpoP4bxQ9YB2m
      Stat Weights:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/6NkVYwEaTW26FxD4wBwey4
      Vers -> crit -> mastery -> haste -> str
      (versitality first?)
      Warcraft Logs
      I mostly use Warcraft Logs to check what the top dps players (ret pallys) are hitting and what setups are they running. I don't want to specifically link player armories in here, but upon some investigation, you'll find most are just stacking haste
      ---
      I understand stat weights are relative, however it seems like everyone has different priorities, one says mastery, another vers, another crit, another haste?
      Help me understand.
      Thanks,
      Exploit

• By Nobbykinz

Autumn Mist is a mythic raiding guild. Originating from a group of friends intent on pushing high end content. We are a young guild, started out in Feb 2017, driven to succeed.

Raiding Schedule:
      Wed 20:00-22:00
      Thur 20:00-22:00
      Sun 20:00-22:00
      Mon 20:00-22:00 (optional Alt/Farm run)
        What is Autumn Mist?
      Autumn Mist is a group of raiders looking to experience the most challenging aspects of wow. We aim to create a fair and motivating environment for progress. We won't scream at you for failing a mechanic but we will point it out and work with you to correct it so we can progress together. Loot will be distributed via RCLootcouncil as evenly as possible focusing on gearing the raid as a whole. We will respect you at all times.
        Joining Autumn Mist
      During your trial period we will be looking at your mastery over your class, your attendance and attitude during raids. Your awareness of boss fights and mechanics, along with your ability to adapt and learn. How you handle success along with failure. Progress is important to us but the atmosphere of the raids must be maintained a good personality and a sense of humor is a must.

Recruitment is currently open to all classes we are looking to optimize every aspect of our raid team, if you are a driven and dedicated player there is a spot for you in our Mythic raids.

We are also recruiting people looking to make the big jump from Heroic to Mythic raiding, we understand this transition isn't easy and can be overwhelming. Our experience has shown us stones can be polished into gems and we will help you on that journey.

Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net
    • By TheKaiser
      I have a few questions concerning the upcoming expansion:
      First I wanted to ask, how everything with legendarys and artefacts is now going to be, are there still gonna be legendarys with the same role as in Legion and what about artefacts, are the HoA armors the new artefacts ?

Furthermore I wanted to know wheter or not pvp is mandatory for warfronts and island plundering or if you don't need to be a top pvp player to still achieve some nice things and interesting rewards.

With warfronts I also wanted to enquire how the gameplay most likely will look like, they are pve events so you shouldn't need to be a pvp player, right ?
      Also one last question, how hard do you think the warfront rewards will be to get ? The transmog does look quite nice and I wanted to ask if it is gonna be something, that is going to be locked and only available to hardcore players
    • By Baes
      Hello fellow raiders!     Stormguard's current progress is 5/9(M) Tomb of Sargeras and we are inviting more friends to join us on soon Mythic adventures! 
      Ranged:
      Druid Hunter Mage Shaman Warlock Melee:
      Rogues Healers:
      Paladin Shaman   Who WE are We are Stormguard - a Mythic, semi-hardcore raiding guild that once upon a time moved from Steamwheedle Cartel to Argent Dawn in search of new friends and adventures. We have years of raiding experience and a great atmosphere in our raids that we value a lot, successfully maintain and are very proud of. We appreciate a good joke, friendly banter and even a good pun! We do not, however, tolerate insults, enraging or any display of aggression - if it will occur- it can earn you a boot from the guild.    Who YOU are You are a gentleman,a lady or a cat, who is mature, has raiding experience, polite and has a good attitude. You are not a drama queen/king/cat, whiner or a grumpy dwarf. You are researching your class's tips and tricks and are always up to date with news and changes. You come prepared, repaired and bearing a good joke for the night and are able to listen/talk using our voice communications. Patience and a good sense of humor are crucial!   Since we reside on an RP server, some of our members are RPers and some are not - which means you are not obligated to RP but you may not disturb or insult in any way others that do so. You shall always remember that you represent our guild when you are out in the wilderness or in the cities and shall behave accordingly.     What our GOALS are Stormguards ultimate goal is to clear each current content tier on mythic difficulty while maintaining a good and friendly atmosphere. We raid 3 times per week: Wednesday, Thursday and Monday evenings from 20.00 to 23.00 server time. We do not normally extend over the raid-end time, unless it is the last encounter and it is agreed with all the raid members. We require our members to attend minimum of 85% of the raids.     For SOCIAL members: We are always welcoming social members. To fulfill social member requirements you actually have to be social! Social members are the soul of the guild and we value them as much as our raiders.   How you can FIND us: Please visit and apply at our guild page: http://stormguard.openlogix.se Please register with your ingame character name for faster approval.
    • By FoxShine
      Special edit:
      We got Mistress to 6%, let me know if you want to join for the kill or to join the ranks for antorus. 
      On Bnet: Fox#1713
      Discord: Fox#7009

Hello! This is Fox from Velocity. We're a DAYTIME Mythic raiding guild on Sargeras. Currently 5/9M, 9/9H ToS. Last tier we ended 7/10M NH in the final two months before the release of ToS. Now we'll be focusing on Mythic ToS progression. After real life claimed a few of our key raiders, we are searching for a few more good and reliable players for our roster, mainly DPS, who can learn the fights quickly and attend our early raid times. 
      Our core team is composed of veteran players who have experience raiding at high-levels (including top US 100 guilds) as well as those who are entirely new to mythic raiding, but fast learners. We aim for a focused, but relaxed environment; upholding a certain level of standards, while still joking and having fun. A fun fact about us - since were a morning guild we actually got two realm 1st's on Heroic. Worldwide our H Goroth kill was 15th and Demonic Inquisition was 6th.
      [A] <Velocity> 5/9M 9/9H (7/10M) - Daytime/Morning raid LFM
      Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs 

Looking for:
      Currently Need
      Ranged -  Ele Shaman, Warlock, Boomkin, Mage, Other
      Melee - Rogue, Warrior, Monk - Other
      Healer -  DPS with heal offspec
        Requirements: 
      Item Lvl:  930+/-
      Exp:  3/9M (Pref)
      *Specific classes are listed above as preference. However, any class is welcomed! We will consider anyone who is willing to join and can commit to our raid times, we may also make exceptions if you are under the requirements.

Expectations:
      We’re not super hardcore, we like having fun, but we do have high standards; so we expect our raiders to play their class well, come prepared, FOLLOW MECHANICS, have a sense of humor (or not) and adapt quickly. Prior Mythic raiding experience is a plus, though not necessary if you're a fast learner. 
      Due to our niche raid times, we encourage everybody to communicate about attendance via Calendar invites, Discord channels, or through tells with an officer. We are looking for players who are dedicated and realistic with their schedules. It’s important to know who will be available day-by-day so we can make arrangements. This is necessary to avoid setbacks and keep up with progression! We are very understanding when someone needs to post-out. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask for is a heads up!
        Perks: Feasts, Codex, Spirit Cauldrons, near-unlimited guild repairs, and the occasional gem or enchants. We run alt raids and Mythic+ 15s with each other each week. We're a tight-knit guild, who's always joking around and helping each other out. We also play other games together outside of WoW, like Overwatch, SC2, Heroes, Diablo, Dota2, LoL and whatever else.
      If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Leave a reply here, send us a tell on BNET or in game. Or be old school and send an in-game mail! Thanks for reading, and we hope to hear from you soon! =D
      BNET
      Fox#1713
      Peach#1423 
      Ezmaya#1410
      Discord
      Starby#8682
      Fox#7009