Damien

Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70

8 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70 Guide.

While this build adheres to the pet aspect of the class, I've found it to be somewhat boring and tedious to play. I prefer a more "lone wolf" build until some sets can be farmed. 

Bone SpikesBone Spikes Blood SpikesBlood Spikes --- Death NovaDeath Nova Tendril NovaTendril Nova

Corpse ExplosionCorpse Explosion Dead ColdDead Cold --- Bone ArmorBone Armor DislocationDislocation

SimulacrumSimulacrum Cursed FormCursed Form --- LeechLeech Cursed GroundCursed Ground

Spreading MaledictionSpreading Malediction -- Life from DeathLife from Death -- Eternal TormentEternal Torment -- Stand AloneStand Alone

This build allows you to jump into large packs, heal thru tons of damage, and makes you feel truly powerful.

The rotation goes something like LeechLeech on a group of monsters, then Bone ArmorBone Armor to stun and generate more armor. Mix Death NovaDeath Nova and Corpse ExplosionCorpse Explosion as essence/corpses are available. Use SimulacrumSimulacrum to burn through elite packs.

This should be updated to reflect the fact that Fueled by Death is broken currently

Thank you for posting this guide. It got me off to a good start. Just a couple of comments:

- The free Rathma set gives a good bonus to Army of the Dead. This bonus is ignored in your skill set. I would suggest replacing Blood Rush with Army of the Dead. It's a huge damage boost and by the time you have Rathma you shouldn't need an escape anymore.

- The Rathma 6-piece bonus is based on the number of mages active. The choice for Singularity is, thus, not logical as it severely limits the number of mages. Instead I would opt for any rune that has a set summon cost per mage. Personally I've gone for the archers. Gift of the Dead is a good option as well. I don't like Contamination because the mages are stationary and won't walk with you.

I'm currently at P133 and have managed to get the Rathma set, the Jesseth set, Dayntee's Bindings. I've put Leoric's Crown and Iron Rose in the cube and in full fight this means my toughness is over 40 million. At Torment X that means it's very difficult to take damage at all making Blood Rush unnecessary.

16 hours ago, Croga said:

The free Rathma set gives a good bonus to Army of the Dead. This bonus is ignored in your skill set. I would suggest replacing Blood Rush with Army of the Dead. It's a huge damage boost and by the time you have Rathma you shouldn't need an escape anymore.

The main problem with Army of the DeadArmy of the Dead is the crazy long CD even with minions reducing it, it's just way too slow and you're better off just ignoring it. The Blood RushBlood Rush isn't just a means of escape, it's also to speed things up and once you get In-geomIn-geom you need it to keep jumping away while speedrunning so you can do your rifts under 3min.

The Rathma 6-piece bonus is based on the number of mages active. The choice for Singularity is, thus, not logical as it severely limits the number of mages.

The singularity is best choice before you get your 6piece for sure but after that it's only superior once you get the Circle of Nailuj's EvolCircle of Nailuj's Evol since it's very easy to keep 4 singularity ones up (4 being the max damage bonus for the set) all the time but before you get the ring I would also recommend you use Skeletal MageSkeletal MageGift of DeathGift of Death (if physical elemental damage is higher) or The archers (if cold higher).

I've put Leoric's Crown and Iron Rose in the cube and in full fight this means my toughness is over 40 million. At Torment X that means it's very difficult to take damage at all making Blood Rush unnecessary.

You shouldn't be doing T10 at a paragon so low and by the time you get a full build and some better items you'll have over 100mill toughness with no problem at all. Leoric's CrownLeoric's Crown shouldn't be in the cube though since it will severely hamper your damage compared options like Tasker and TheoTasker and Theo which is a big boost to the set over all.

If you are worried about health you can use the rune that remove health cost as well but I even play Trag'oul set on hardcore which uses a lot of health so it's not a big deal compared to the added utility and mobility it provides for sticky situations or just speeding through rifts.

For your consideration, Siphon Blood with the Blood Sucker rune synergizes far, far better with Life from Death and the Reaper's Wraps than Bone Spikes does. Also, the Devouring Aura rune is extremely awkward and inefficient, on top of being lazy, I don't know that I'd recommend it... ever, really.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:12 AM, Guest nyu said:

Hello is this guide updateds for S12 ?

All our leveling guides are now updated, yes :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.