FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
XvaL

Help with resto shaman

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/azralon/Väl

Good evening.
I am currently raiding ToS and I see that I am my heal not this "cool" compared to the previous raids .. 
I am usually rarely getting first in HPS and I have the biggest ilvl of the healers in my group. (Hpriest, Rdruid and Monk). 
Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe it's because I lost mastery? I remember I was with 118% in the last raid .. 
I need help please :)

I apologize for bad english .. I used a translator 

Edited by XvaL

You mastery is showing 77% now, I'm not sure how one goes from 118% to that in a few items but you need to consider that stats is everything for a shaman.

I personally have not been able to equip t20 set pieces because I lose too much mastery and stats overall even though it's higher ilvl. You NEED mastery to be at the 100% mark or higher even if it means throwing set bonuses aside.

I've got 123% mastery, you can never have too much of it as a shaman :)

Also in playstyle, you're using the Jonats legendary but never cast a single Chain Heal on Mistress so thats a HPS loss right there.
The Wellspring talent is also not really worth taking even after it's buff, I would consider Acendance instead.

On 05/07/2017 at 8:59 AM, Arkpit said:

You mastery is showing 77% now, I'm not sure how one goes from 118% to that in a few items but you need to consider that stats is everything for a shaman.

I personally have not been able to equip t20 set pieces because I lose too much mastery and stats overall even though it's higher ilvl. You NEED mastery to be at the 100% mark or higher even if it means throwing set bonuses aside.

Also in playstyle, you're using the Jonats legendary but never cast a single Chain Heal on Mistress so thats a HPS loss right there.
The Wellspring talent is also not really worth taking even after it's buff, I would consider Acendance instead.

thank you for the tips..
About the legendary ..
I have the belt, feet, and wrists in bag .. should I replace the legendary ring with some of those I have?

14 hours ago, XvaL said:

thank you for the tips..
About the legendary ..
I have the belt, feet, and wrists in bag .. should I replace the legendary ring with some of those I have?

If you don't use Chain Heal that much then you should swap the ring for the legs instead for sure.
Current best legendaries is either Velen+Legs or swap any of the two for the Pretorian hands. Or I should say they are most commonly used.

On 7/5/2017 at 6:59 AM, Arkpit said:

I personally haven't had an issue even with mastery at 95%, though I do feel being 100% or higher is better and makes heals a bit stronger. Make sure that you have a comfortable amount of haste. You want your casts to not feel slow or sluggish when you aren't using bloodlust.

Trinkets make a huge difference. I have found that The Deceiver's Grand Design and Sea Star of the Depthmother work the best for me. You would definitely want to have at least one mastery trinket.

Legendaries I prefer Prydaz and the class ring. Don't hesitate to swap legandaries to fit a fight. For example on KJ I may swap the neck for the hands (I don't have the legs or feet currently). It is beneficial for you to have a legandary that heals you automatically, whether is is the neck or the legs. Helps keep you alive while you heal others. The helm I have found awesome for Enhance, but not so much for Resto. 

Without seeing an actual log it would be hard to tell what you are casting most. You want to make sure that there is a healing cooldown order. If you are popping you cooldowns with another healer that will effect your HPS greatly.  Make sure that you are using your Gift of the Queen on the tanks and melee.  If you are raid healing (which shamans excel at) then you want to make sure that you are using Chain Heal a lot (and talenting High Tide). If you are more of a Single Target and Healing Rain healer then as Arkpit said the Acendance would be better. Really a lot of how you heal is individual playstyle. Keep in mind when the boss dies you dont want to have a lot of mana left. If you do you aren't pushing hard enough. 

I have some logs of recent raids if you want to look at myself or my fellow shaman healer. Our comp is a Holy Priest and 2 shaman heals. The amount of raid cds we have is crazy.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/illidan/mistikk?spec=Restoration

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mogli
      Paladin Cards:                                                
      2x Crystology 2x Flash of Light 1x Lightforged Blessing 1x Crystalsmith Kangor 2x Time Out! 2x Consecration 2x Truesilver Champion 1x Hammer of Wrath 1x Prismatic Lens 2x Holy Wrath 2x Shrink Ray 1x Lay on Hands 1x Shirvallah, the Tiger Neutral Cards:
      1x Bloodsail Corsair 2x Wild Pyromancer 2x Novice Engineer 2x Baleful Banker 2x Violet Spellsword 1x Zilliax  
      General:
      Here is my Version of the OTK-Paladin. I was playing a long time with 2x Prismatic Lens, but i always felt like going into a bigger risk when casting it later on without drawing Shirvallah, the Tiger.  As well i always struggled with my Handsome and ending up overdrawing or just dumping Cards out. So i Cut 1 Prismatic Lens and 1 Hammer of Wrath.  As well as the big draw from Lay on Hands makes up for missing those Card-draws.
       For giving up those i put in the Violet Spellsword ´s. Because you usually have atleast 3 spells in hand she makes an awesome Body on the board giving you some breathing time. (Also you can draw it from Crystology because it is a 1- Attack minion. You have to try it out it gives you a a Contester for the board.
      The Lightforged Blessing  is an awesome tool to play with Wild Pyromancer and Violet Spellsword.
      Since you have a lot Healing-tools it is fine to trade some Health for getting a better value out of Shrink Ray and Time Out! ´s for later on to ensure you the combo.
      Because of that Crystalsmith Kangor feels really important. It has so much potential to heal you to full again. Beside the obvious choices to play it with Flash of Light and Lay on Hands. it Heals a lot with your Lifesteal Minions (Zilliax, Shirvallah, the Tiger, Lightforged Blessing).

Strategy:
      Your main Win Condition is having the combination of Shirvallah, the Tiger, Holy Wrath and Baleful Banker in hand while your Deck is empty.
      When you have 0 Cards in your deck you want to play Shirvallah, the Tiger after that you shuffle it in your deck as your only card with Baleful Banker.
      Now Holy Wrath is ensured to do 25 Damage in his face. Against most classes having the combo once (25 Damage) is enough. That means you can use 1 Holy Wrath for clearing a minion and drawing faster to the bottom of your deck. And as well the combination of Shirvallah, the Tiger and Baleful Banker to clear a minion during the game and heal! It often is important to use against Rogues and Hunter.
      Against Warriors u need to have the Combo twice to deal 50 Damage in the end. During the game you can suffer some Damage to your face in order to make sure he doesn't get over 50 Health. That means you hit his face with Truesilver Champion ,Hammer of Wrath, and obviously with your Violet Spellsword. 
      In order to reach the bottom of your deck  you have a lot of drawing tools like Crystology, Novice Engineer, Lay on Hands, Flash of Light, Prismatic Lens). 
      To make sure you live until that point you have to make smart use of: Time Out!, Shrink Ray, your Wild Pyromancer ´s. And to double your healing tools like Lay on Hands Flash of Light and Zilliax with Crystalsmith Kangor.  You can often surprise the enemy with the amount of healing this can potentially do. Often it is nice to suffer some damage in face to get a better board clear with Shrink Ray+Wild Pyromancer.
      As well Consecration + Wild Pyromancer can deal 3 (maybe even 4 if you have another cheap spell) to the enemy board. 
      You can as well heal a lot with Wild Pyromancer + Lightforged Blessing (if the board is full)
      That said Shrink Ray often has usage to just play alone to minimize the damage you take and buy you another turn for a better Boardclear.

Start of Game: 
      You are mainly looking for Crystology. It can get you more card draw by giving you Novice Engineer. Or even a good turn 4 minion by drawing you Violet Spellsword.
      Against Aggro decks you want to maybe have an Eye on your Shrink Ray ´s, Consecration ´s and Zilliax. Against those decks it is as well really important to get as much value out of Crystalsmith Kangor (which is also drawn by Crystology) as possible.
      Also Flash of Light and Truesilver Champion are good in some Match- Ups. 
      Maybe pair it with one Combo of Shirvallah, the Tiger and Baleful Banker. Because most Aggro decks don't have a Way to generate much Armor, nor having a lot of Healing most of the Time dealing 25 in the End is enough. Playing Shirvallah, the Tiger 1 Time during the game often can save your life!
      Hope You will have as much fun with this deck as I do!

• By Javalvik
      <Exo> is an old guild from Dragonblight which transferred to Stormrage in search of mythic raiders. We are a guild full of experienced raiders always looking to expand our roster. 
      We are not a world first guild nor do we aim to be. Our primary goal is to get loot and have a good time, however this still means on progression nights we do expect you to show up, put on your serious face, and kill some *filtered*.
      Our raids are on 3 nights a week; Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9pm-12 Server Time (EST). The Monday raids are optional farm/alt nights (Normal/Heroic) with Tuesday/Wednesday being mandatory progression nights.
      Currently we are accepting applications for any role, off specs are always a welcome addition but not required. Performance and skill will be looked at above gear, experience, or class.
      We do not have a minimum item level required to join our raid team, however we will require you to catch up in our Monday farm-runs up until you are at a mythic level.
      If you have any questions or are interested in joining or trialing with us please add Pasha#1800, Java#1849 or Bushido#1988 on bnet to talk with an officer.
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

• By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is a Mythic raiding guild recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team for BfA. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - Any Class
      DPS - Especially Mage, Monk, Rogue
      Tank - CLOSED
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://tinyurl.com/AbyssWhisperwind
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Trex#1111 or send a message or in-game mail to Trex-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By WindowsSeven
      I'm not entirely sure what I am doing wrong that is getting me this result, but I am getting about a 30k dps difference on training dummy when I use a defile, clawing shadows, shadow infusion build than when I use the recommended talents. I left the rest of my talents unchanged and I have yet to see where the dps difference is coming from (arbiter or clawing shadows), but I'm very confused as to how this could happen. Links to armory and mrrobot below.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/goragi
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/f3a7a9c5f88e4d10b5cb45224684a073
      Defile damage breakdown, Arbiter damage breakdown
      I felt like I had a harder time keeping my disease up and using coldheart on cooldown (or rather whenever at max stacks) with the arbiter build. Am I missing some key thing or do I just need to git gud? Thanks in advance for any help.