FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Darkthronian

BM Hunter requesting gear/talent advice

Hey. 

I recently came back to wow and need some advice to gear and talents.

At the moment I'm wearing 4x T20 (got all 6 pieces available).

I have 915 Engine of Eradication and 915 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion + 860 Arcano Crystal and 890 Convergence of Fates in bags.

I have Roar of the Seven Lions and Prydaz equipped + Roots of Shaladrassil and The Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask in bags.

Questions:

1: Stomp or Dire Frenzy build?

I'm used to playing Stomp. I've only had 1 run with Dire Frenzy, but it didn't fel so good to play compared to Stomp. Maybe I just need some practice to master it, or will Stomp be able to compete with Dire Frenzy with my gear?

2: Is Convergence or Arcano too good to drop? I see BiS list says Engine + Owl trinket are bis, can anyone confirm that?

Link to armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/stormscale/darkthronían

Feel free to comment any changes I should do to my gear.

Thanks in advance.

Adding another question here regarding Dire Frenzy build.

Are you able to keep 3 stacks of Dire Frenzy at all times? If so, how much haste/crit do you have?

While testing on dummy I get 3 stacks for a while, but then they start dropping cause I don't have Dire Frenzy ready in time.

9 hours ago, Darkthronian said:

Hey. 

I recently came back to wow and need some advice to gear and talents.

At the moment I'm wearing 4x T20 (got all 6 pieces available).

I have 915 Engine of Eradication and 915 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion + 860 Arcano Crystal and 890 Convergence of Fates in bags.

I have Roar of the Seven Lions and Prydaz equipped + Roots of Shaladrassil and The Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask in bags.

Questions:

1: Stomp or Dire Frenzy build?

I'm used to playing Stomp. I've only had 1 run with Dire Frenzy, but it didn't fel so good to play compared to Stomp. Maybe I just need some practice to master it, or will Stomp be able to compete with Dire Frenzy with my gear?

2: Is Convergence or Arcano too good to drop? I see BiS list says Engine + Owl trinket are bis, can anyone confirm that?

Link to armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/stormscale/darkthronían

Feel free to comment any changes I should do to my gear.

Thanks in advance.

Run what you want to run. Procs, RNG, perfect play will put the specs close enough that you can pick. DF will sim higher yes, but if you are not comfortable and can only play it at 70% vs being able to play the stomp build at 90%, the sims may not be the best way for you to go. Of course, if you guild is saying do better or lose your spot, you better learn to play 90%+ DF but at that point you may have to go MM. Do you have your T19 in the bags still? and what other gear might you have to get your crit up?

Based on the current gear you have if you want to run Stomp, i would suggest stacking more crit, and trying to add the 2pT19 back for as long as you can , gotta get that crit up though.

Since you are already super high Mastery though, you may want to consider perfecting your BF play. you can keep all the same gear you have and it will remain steady. Set up a tellmewhen or a weakaura to warn you when to hit BF, you only want to hit it if you have 2 charges or there are less than 2 seconds on your pet's current BF buff. 

I think that you are running your best 2 leggies which is good bc neither of them take up a tier slot.

I think that you ToS trinkets are better than the old ones and you should run sentenial and engine.Keep in mind that you do need to get the obs that the engine spawns for it to be a dps increase. if you cannot do this either at all or on certain fights you may want to swap it for CoF maybe but that will depend on you ability.

Play what you want:

If you want to run stomp, try to add 2pT19 back and get 35+% crit, keep current leggies and maybe trinkets depending on your ability to fully use engine.

If you want to run DF, keep gear as is, keep belt/pyrdaz, use new trinkets depending on your ability to fully use engine. Practice practice, practice. set up an addon to help you manage DF stacks/time

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Darkthronian said:

Adding another question here regarding Dire Frenzy build.

Are you able to keep 3 stacks of Dire Frenzy at all times? If so, how much haste/crit do you have?

While testing on dummy I get 3 stacks for a while, but then they start dropping cause I don't have Dire Frenzy ready in time.

I have not been able to do this. You will have times where you want to have 3 stacks (during Aspect of the Wild bc of Thunderlash) but unless that is coming up and you are saving 2 stacks, the normal usage per the guide will not allow for 3 stacks 100% without some really good wild call procs and a ton of haste. You should be able to have almost 80%+ uptime on the buff, but not necessarily at 3 stacks. The only time you really NEED to stay at 3 stacks is during hero, should be easy, and during Aspect of the Wild. I just looked at a log of mine from back when I ran DF. Most fights DF was up around 80% of the time and most of that time it was at only 1 stack but for my ilvl was still top 5% of parses. I'm sure with gear you can get higher total uptime and higher time at multiple stacks but based on how the guide is written, id assume that sims show it is better to have more of the fight under 1 stack than spurts of 2-3 stacks (given that we wait until the buff almost drops to refresh rather than instantly refreshing/adding a stack).

Edited by Sisco
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for your replies!

I've decided to try to perfect  my DF play. After I set up WA to keep track of stacks and timers it feels more fun and challenging than Stomp play. =)

1 hour ago, Darkthronian said:

Thanks a lot for your replies!

I've decided to try to perfect  my DF play. After I set up WA to keep track of stacks and timers it feels more fun and challenging than Stomp play. =)

Some view it that way yes, personally as a BEAST master i think its fun to have a ton of beasts, but to each their own. Note that this spec is a little less forgiving if you get off on the cooldown. That being said it may be smart to have a set of stomp gear to run when learning a fight so that you can focus more on the fight mechanics then once you know the dance, switch to your "higher dps" DF setup. Just an idea. A few weeks of practice though and you should have the DF thing down. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Did some testing on Raider's Training dummy (single target) today with different talent and gear setups.

Sharing my results in case people are interested.

Test was done without any buffs. (on 2 tries I pre-potted out of habit though!)

Test was 3,5 min x3 per talent or gear change.

Legendaries: Prydaz and Roar of the Seven Lions.

Test 1: Dire Frenzy, 925 ilvl. Tier 20 4-set, Engine of Eradication (915) and Tarnished Sentinel Medallion (915).

Test 2: Stomp, 925 ilvl. Tier 20 4-set, Engine of Eradication (915) and Tarnished Sentinel Medallion (915).

Test 3: Stomp, 919 ilvl. Tier 20 4-set + Tier 19 2-set, Engine of Eradication (915) and Tarnished Sentinel Medallion (915).

Test 4: Stomp, 918 ilvl, Tier 20 4-set + Tier 19 2-set, Engine of Eradication (915) and Convergence of Fates (890).

Test 5: Stomp, 918 ilvl, Tier 20 4-set + Tier 19 2-set, Convergence of Fates (890) and Tarnished Sentinel Medallion (915).

As for T19 items I used 895 cloak and 860 legs.

Stats T20 4-set + Engine + Owl

25.0% crit

21.7% haste

90% mastery

Stats T20 4-set + T19 2-set

26.5% crit

17.1% haste

84.7% mastery

Results:

1: Dire Frenzy + T20 4-set + Engine + Owl = 961k

2: Stomp + T20 4-set + Engine + Owl = 962k

3: Stomp T20 4-set + T19 2-set + Engine + Owl = 910k

4: Stomp T20 4-set + T19 2-set + Engine + Convergence = 944k

5: Stomp T20 4-set + T19 2-set + Owl + Convergence = 918k

Numbers behind the results: 

Dire Frenzy ilvl 925 (4xT20 + Engine + Owl) - SimCraft dps: 1.129.830
1: 960k - With 1 potion - Dire Frenzy uptime: 66% - Kill Command: 53 - Cobra Shot: 72 - Engine uptime: 47%
2: 964k - With 1 potion - Dire Frenzy uptime: 67% - Kill Command: 51 - Cobra Shot: 74 - Engine uptime: 43%
3: 960k - Dire Frenzy uptime: 73% - Kill Command: 51 - Cobra Shot: 72 - Engine uptime: 58%
Result: 961k - 85% of SimCraft dps

Stomp ilvl 925 (4xT20 + Engine + Owl) - SimCraft dps: 1.106.887
1: 943k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 46% - Kill Command: 50 - Cobra Shot: 66 - Engine uptime: 55%
2: 968k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 48% - Kill Command: 52 - Cobra Shot: 68 - Engine uptime: 43%
3: 977k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 47% - Kill Command: 52 - Cobra Shot: 68 - Engine uptime: 64%
Result: 962k - 87% of SimCraft dps

Stomp ilvl 919 (4xT20 + 2xT19 + Engine + Owl) - SimCraft dps: 1.097.118
1: 860k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 40% - Kill Command: 49 - Cobra Shot: 60 - Engine uptime: 41%
2: 914k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 46% - Kill Command: 49 - Cobra Shot: 64 - Engine uptime: 32%
3: 958k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 50% - Kill Command: 51 - Cobra Shot: 63 - Engine uptime: 56%
Result: 910k - 83% of SimCraft dps

Stomp ilvl 918 (4xT20 + 2xT19 + Engine + Convergence) - SimCraft dps: 1.100.677
1: 926k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 49% - Kill Command: 51 - Cobra Shot: 66 - Engine uptime: 55%
2: 1002k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 53% - Kill Command: 50 - Cobra Shot: 69 - Engine uptime: 59%
3: 905k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 41% - Kill Command: 51 - Cobra Shot: 66 - Engine uptime: 55%
Result: 944k - 85% of SimCraft dps

Stomp ilvl 918 (4xT20 + 2xT19 + Convergence + Owl) - SimCraft dps: 1.093.171
1: 933k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 48% - Kill Command: 53 - Cobra Shot: 66
2: 942k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 48% - Kill Command: 52 - Cobra Shot: 69
3: 890k - Bestial Wrath uptime: 46% - Kill Command: 50 - Cobra Shot: 68
Result: 918k - 84% of SimCraft dps

My verdict: 

Dire Frenzy with T20 4-set + Engine + Owl is the winner for me. It feels more consistent and less down time than when I played stomp. With stomp I had a couple of times where I had nothing to press cause I was waiting for cooldowns/procs, which made me feel like I lost a ton of dps. Engine of Eradication makes the encounter more fun as you have to pick up orbs now and then to max dps, which most of the time is not a problem as BM.

As a final note: All 5 setups were from 918k to 962k average dps which is very close (within 95% of eachother). Play whatever you feel is more fun. Adding a couple of normal/heroic T19 pieces does not gimp dps much (if at all) compared to wearing 915 off set pieces. Convergence (890) is a very good substitute for both Engine (915) and Owl (915).

Edited by Darkthronian

Posting screenshot of UI showing timers for the following buffs: Bestial Wrath, Dire Frenzy, Beast Cleave, Concordance of the Legionfall and Engine of Eradication.

Thankful for any suggestions to important stuff that I need to add for tracking. =)

Darkthronian UI.jpg

On 7/15/2017 at 10:21 AM, Darkthronian said:

Did some testing on Raider's Training dummy (single target) today with different talent and gear setups.

Sharing my results in case people are interested.

Test was done without any buffs. (on 2 tries I pre-potted out of habit though!)

Test was 3,5 min x3 per talent or gear change.

Legendaries: Prydaz and Roar of the Seven Lions.

Unfortunately, 3.5 min x3 is massively inferior to simulated results (which generally run 1000 times for 5 minutes). Plus, a simmed algorithm doesn't make mistakes or have delay. Even if execution is fine, you're getting below 90% of the sim because you're not using potions, flasks, bloodlust, runes or food.

Another big factor is that the opener is stronger when you use DIre Frenzy, so a short run favor the Dire Frenzy build disproportionately. Although if your boss kills are around 3 minutes then it makes sense to use the build with the stronger opener.

Also, different legendary setups will also massively change how different builds run. If you're not using the tier19 2-piece then it makes sense to wear the shoulders or the chest legendaries, which are impossible to wear with the 3 set bonus combination. But if you want all the tier set bonuses then the ring or the bracers make more sense. Prydaz is not a dps legendary.

However, the really big issue is that you are essentially using the same gear (except trinkets and tier) for different builds that require different stat priorities, and we don't even know if your tier combination makes you lose ilvl. If you want a good comparison between Stomp and Dire Frenzy, you need to switch gear pieces and enchants to their correct stat priorities but retain the same ilvl on every piece. If you don't have the gear to test that then it's just anecdotal evidence that doesn't prove anything.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2017 at 2:16 AM, Darkthronian said:

I

The stomp building is preforming above sims. Simple as that. People just need the right gear to switch to it.  Also, this website guide is wrong for BM and trinket bis....there are too many logs on warcraft logs that is illustrating that engine + owl is meh...maybe if you get mythic version of these....but I am not seeing many BM hunter using this combo (there are logs but not many). 

When it comes to trinkets...the first thing people need to understand....Bloodthirsty is overvalued with the stomp build.  No top parses  uses this trinket....looking at the guide you wouldnt think this. 

There are a lot of the top performing BM hunters are using a 880 arcno crystal (farm sentix and play the trinket slot machine) and the tome trinket off of KJ. The crit buff is OP for stomp. 

now when you get all mythic raiding teir ....then it be time to start to evaluate dire frenzy again.....but i am not seeing it all. The top BM hunters that are performing as well as MM on the mythic level are stomp build with either belt/neck leggo or belt/sephuz combo ..some have belt/huntmaster but  is sub-par.  

I am not saying what is optimal for you right now...i dont know your gear....i personally am stuck in dire frenzy for another week. But the goal is 2 teir 19/4 teir 20, arcano, KJ trinket with the right leggos. 

...i need 3 more tier parts and the KJ trinket but that isnt as important as the teir parts. 

little tip...go to warcraft logs....pick one of the top servers and see what the top parsing hunters are using. 

I'll repeat there is a issue with sims and this websites guide...neither are consistent with actual logs (no stomp build on single target uses bestial fury).  There isn't one top parse that uses dire frenzy on a mythic fight on stormage and sargaras servers and the BiS listing for trinkets is not consistent with logs. 

I would expect your test 2 and test 3 results to be closer on the dummy like they are in the sim but as has been pointed out they may be because gear wasnt swapped to get the right stats. I personally like both but think the stomp build is more BEAST mastery to me. seeing as how your results on the dummy show just how close these builds are with the 4p, procs could make it swing either way with even the smallest margin of error. Glad you are seeing what works for you. It takes of a lot of back end work simming and number crunching and gear swapping to see what will actually work best for you and as soon as you get a new piece, you have to run them all again. Happy Hunting

On 15/07/2017 at 11:51 AM, Darkthronian said:

My verdict: 

Dire Frenzy with T20 4-set + Engine + Owl is the winner for me.

Engine of Eradication makes the encounter more fun as you have to pick up orbs now and then to max dps, which most of the time is not a problem as BM.

Play whatever you feel is more fun. 

Things to think about: 

(1) no top performing mythic bm hunters are running dire frenzy...no top BM parses use dire frenzy...only stomp parses have been competing with MM hunters. 

(2) a 875/880 arcnao crystal is close to a 915 engine....miss one of those orbs and the arcano is better (for both frenzy and stomp).  One bad proc and its a garbage trinket...and in mythic fights there is a lot of opportunity for a bad proc. 

fun? we already got https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#difficulty=4&dataset=99 to deal with ,we dont need to community to gimp itself at the start. 

Edited by Banard

45 minutes ago, Banard said:

(1) no top performing mythic bm hunters are running dire frenzy...no top BM parses use dire frenzy...only stomp parses have been competing with MM hunters. 

Top players are obsessed with min/maxing. My sims show an increase in dps with the zoo build of about 40k compared to the Dire Frenzy build, with my best optimized gear for each build. A 3.5% increase in dps doesn't matter all that much to most people, but all top hunters have switched now, so new parses with Dire Frenzy aren't even being recorded anymore. I've actually been getting better parses using Dire Frenzy on most boss fights in Tomb, but my guild is not on mythic yet.

Edited by Khallid

1 hour ago, Khallid said:

Top players are obsessed with min/maxing. My sims show an increase in dps with the zoo build of about 40k compared to the Dire Frenzy build, with my best optimized gear for each build. A 3.5% increase in dps doesn't matter all that much to most people, but all top hunters have switched now, so new parses with Dire Frenzy aren't even being recorded anymore. I've actually been getting better parses using Dire Frenzy on most boss fights in Tomb, but my guild is not on mythic yet.

(1) your anecdotal evidence is sub-par to statistical relevant data. 

(2) a 3.5% increase is a 3.5 % increase if every one in the raid had that attitude than no wonder you are still doing heroic. Every one missing out on that, you miss dps checks, you miss pushing a boss to avoid a extra mechanic cast...etc etc

Look your logs are good, way better then my current ones .

You say your doing good...but you could be doing better...your performing well but with a few tweaks and grabbing that 3.5% dps you maybe able to get on: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/server/206/latest/#class=Hunter&spec=BeastMastery&difficulty=4

Your a hunter and our only role is to dps. Its not obsessed with min/max its trying to figure out how too perform optimally to kill more dragons!

and finally....your playing too good to be in a guild that has not even downed KJ yet. 

2 hours ago, Banard said:

Things to think about: 

(2) a 875/880 arcnao crystal is close to a 915 engine....miss one of those orbs and the arcano is better (for both frenzy and stomp).  One bad proc and its a garbage trinket...and in mythic fights there is a lot of opportunity for a bad proc. 

fun? we already got https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#difficulty=4&dataset=99 to deal with ,we dont need to community to gimp itself at the start. 

The log you have linked here. what exactly does that show? top 1% Heroic DPS rankings over the last 2 weeks? I want to be sure i understand what im looking at.

1 hour ago, Banard said:

(1) your anecdotal evidence is sub-par to statistical relevant data. 

(2) a 3.5% increase is a 3.5 % increase if every one in the raid had that attitude than no wonder you are still doing heroic. Every one missing out on that, you miss dps checks, you miss pushing a boss to avoid a extra mechanic cast...etc etc

I know you are right, so I won't argue about statistics. My only point is that with both builds being so close in dps, they are both viable. You're dismissing the Dire Frenzy build too much just by looking at top parses. Top parses are all skewed. If you look at the link you posted I have the top parse on heroic Harjatan in the server (plus 6th on Sassz'ine, 10th on Desolate Host and 3rd on Maiden), but that was only because the rest of the group sucked at cleaving in that pull. I don't actually do that much dps. The highest parses are commonly pulls that are very short, or end up lining up with the peak dps of cooldowns, or there are very few people cleaving, or by really hardcore players with excessively high gear. 90% parses are perfectly ok; most players are not hardcore and don't want to be.

58 minutes ago, Sisco said:

The log you have linked here. what exactly does that show? top 1% Heroic DPS rankings over the last 2 weeks? I want to be sure i understand what im looking at.

Yeah those are the top 1% average dps rankings of all bosses in heroic Tomb for the last two weeks. They basically tell you which classes have the most edge this tier. They shuffle around a little bit if you change the parse percentile, but BM is in the lower part of the chart all the time. Survival drops to the bottom in other percentiles.

I find them a little bit misleading because BM hunter has the easiest rotation in the game and has full mobility, so it's easier to execute the rotation well and get a high parse. However, if you've mastered your rotation, it is true that BM has a lower potential than most other classes, so BM is weak for high-end hardcore progress.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Khallid said:

I know you are right, so I won't argue about statistics. My only point is that with both builds being so close in dps, they are both viable. You're dismissing the Dire Frenzy build too much just by looking at top parses. Top parses are all skewed. If you look at the link you posted I have the top parse on heroic Harjatan in the server (plus 6th on Sassz'ine, 10th on Desolate Host and 3rd on Maiden), but that was only because the rest of the group sucked at cleaving in that pull. I don't actually do that much dps. The highest parses are commonly pulls that are very short, or end up lining up with the peak dps of cooldowns, or there are very few people cleaving, or by really hardcore players with excessively high gear. 90% parses are perfectly ok; most players are not hardcore and don't want to be.

Yeah those are the top 1% average dps rankings of all bosses in heroic Tomb for the last two weeks. They basically tell you which classes have the most edge this tier. They shuffle around a little bit if you change the parse percentile, but BM is in the lower part of the chart all the time. Survival drops to the bottom in other percentiles.

I find them a little bit misleading because BM hunter has the easiest rotation in the game and has full mobility, so it's easier to execute the rotation well and get a high parse. However, if you've mastered your rotation, it is true that BM has a lower potential than most other classes, so BM is weak for high-end hardcore progress.

Thank you for clarifying for me. As far as "BM is weak for high-end hardcore progress," that is pretty arguable considering Method, the highest end hardcore guild, uses BM hunters in the world first kills. 

3 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Thank you for clarifying for me. As far as "BM is weak for high-end hardcore progress," that is pretty arguable considering Method, the highest end hardcore guild, uses BM hunters in the world first kills. 

They did? I thought their hunters were MM. Maybe they switched for a particular fight? Avatar has a lot of movement. Besides, Method (and other top guilds in the World First race) doesn't have public logs.

7 minutes ago, Khallid said:

They did? I thought their hunters were MM. Maybe they switched for a particular fight? Avatar has a lot of movement. Besides, Method (and other top guilds in the World First race) doesn't have public logs.

Just basing it off of the first kill videos that i have seen but they definitely swap specs around a lot. Yea the top guilds have a lot of secrecy behind their builds. 

Got my hands on KJ trinket 930 ilvl and I must say I absolutely love it. It lines up so well with almost all cooldowns.

Now the question is, Owl 915 or Engine 915 together with KJ trinket? I also have 860 arcano and 880 bloodthirsty, but I doubt they will be able to compete with Owl/Engine?

1 minute ago, Darkthronian said:

Got my hands on KJ trinket 930 ilvl and I must say I absolutely love it. It lines up so well with almost all cooldowns.

Now the question is, Owl 915 or Engine 915 together with KJ trinket? I also have 860 arcano and 880 bloodthirsty, but I doubt they will be able to compete with Owl/Engine?

Sim the various combos and let us know what the sims show. then run it and let us know what you find actually works best. many of us will be curious on trinket combos

My current gear: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/stormscale/darkthronían

I do not have access to decent T19 pieces atm (have to wear T19 860 legs and 895 cape in that case) , so the simulation is done with the gear shown on armory, just switching trinkets and Dire Frenzy -> Stomp + Bestial Fury to One with the Pack.

My trinkets: 

930 Tome of Unraveling Sanity

915 Engine of Eradication

915 Tarnished Sentinel Medalion

890 Convergence of Fates w/socket

880 Bloodthirsty Instinct

865 Arcano Crystal

Dire Frenzy: 

1: Engine 915 + Tome 930 = 1.139.426

2: Convergence 890 + Tome 930 = 1.133.673

3: Engine 915 + Owl 915 = 1.130.250

4: Owl 915 + Tome 930 = 1.127.620

5: Arcano 865 + Tome 930 = 1.126.934

6: Convergence 890 + Engine 915 = 1.125.998

7: Convergence 890 + Owl 915 = 1.124.296

8: Instinct 880 + Tome 930 = 1.122.656

9: Arcano 865 + Owl 915 = 1.117.221

10: Arcano 865 + Engine 915 = 1.116.285

11: Instinct 880 + Owl 915 = 1.116.281

12: Instinct 880 + Engine 915 = 1.113.390

13: Arcano 865 + Instinct 880 = 1.100.862

Stomp: 

1: Engine 915 + Tome 930 = 1.120.453

2: Convergence 890 + Tome 930 = 1.116.349

3: Arcano 865 + Tome 930 = 1.114.007

4: Owl 915 + Tome 930 = 1.110.679

5: Convergence 890 + Engine 915 = 1.107.546

6: Engine 915 + Owl 915 = 1.107.109

7: Instinct 880 + Tome 930 = 1.106.209

8: Arcano 865 + Engine 915 = 1.103.202

9: Convergence 890 + Owl 915 = 1.102.992

10: Arcano 865 + Owl 915 = 1.099.392

11: Instinct 880 + Engine 915 = 1.095.906

12: Instinct 880 + Owl 915 = 1.094.226

13: Arcano 865 + Instinct 880 = 1.090.429

Legs are a high value piece of gear and 860 is really low. Crafted gear goes up to 900, so I'll assume that you should have a 900 or higher. I wouldn't be surprised if that fact alone is more important than anything else.

I don't have an Engine to check how easy or hard it is to gather the orbs (it may vary with boss to boss), but it seems pretty clear that if you can grab them then Engine is the way to go, otherwise just use Convergence. The 930 Tome is so obviously the strongest trinket you've got.

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

simple.....think of it this way....and keep in mind those logs are the same all the way down

If every one in the guild were equal gear and were equally good at the guild....every one gettting 99% then the bm hunter be on the bottom...

or...if you go look up the 75% log it shows the same...every one being equal gear and being 75% as good as the best players...then the bm hunter will be on the bottom. 

but of course this is not the case ..you can look at khallid...he is good player in a shit guild...so he tops his meters. This is where you get anecdotal evidence. 

T

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

Actually it depends on the fight, KJ was 3 MM hunters and thank you for illustrating a perfect example of what i am talking about in the other thread. 

This everything is "fine" attitude is causing us not to get buffs when they are needed.  270,000 parses have us 2nd last.