FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Darkthronian

BM Hunter requesting gear/talent advice

3 hours ago, Khallid said:

They did? I thought their hunters were MM. Maybe they switched for a particular fight? Avatar has a lot of movement. Besides, Method (and other top guilds in the World First race) doesn't have public logs.

you can see they specs on wow progress. 

4 hours ago, Khallid said:

I find them a little bit misleading because BM hunter 

but its not misleading in anyway shape or form...not after 270,000 parses. 

3 hours ago, Banard said:

you can see they specs on wow progress. 

Wowprogress shows you the spec they were using when they logged out, not when they killed the boss. It often shows the wrong spec, which is why I asked if it was referring to the video.

3 hours ago, Banard said:

but its not misleading in anyway shape or form...not after 270,000 parses.

Read the rest of the sentence. BM hunter is not "just another spec". It is way way way easier to play than any other, and a complete aberration in ranged movement playstyle. I routinely hit between 150k below my simdps as Marksman, but often hit the simdps of BM. I do more damage as BM even if MM sims higher and I parse much higher as BM. The same percentile does not show the same level of skill. Obviously the easier spec is capped lower. You've just been ranting about your spec not being top dps.

13 hours ago, Banard said:

simple.....think of it this way....and keep in mind those logs are the same all the way down

If every one in the guild were equal gear and were equally good at the guild....every one gettting 99% then the bm hunter be on the bottom...

or...if you go look up the 75% log it shows the same...every one being equal gear and being 75% as good as the best players...then the bm hunter will be on the bottom. 

but of course this is not the case ..you can look at khallid...he is good player in a shit guild...so he tops his meters. This is where you get anecdotal evidence. 

T

Thank you for clarifying.

13 hours ago, Banard said:

Actually it depends on the fight, KJ was 3 MM hunters and thank you for illustrating a perfect example of what i am talking about in the other thread. 

This everything is "fine" attitude is causing us not to get buffs when they are needed.  270,000 parses have us 2nd last. 

It isn't that i think everything is fine. You can see my full explanation. Yes we are low on the charts but because i am doing fine in my raid setting, a buff for us would take me from #1 on the meter to more #1 on the meter. To me, that isnt worth getting all up in arms about, but I fully support you and your endeavour. The only reason i can see to argue for buffs is when we play to 95%+by item lvl and get out damaged by someone playing sub 70% by item lvl. This would indeed be frustrating to me. If this is what you are seeing in your raids then yes, i get why you are mad. Since most of us aren't facing this situation though, you see a lot of apathy. I play hunter bc I like hunter. Plenty of people play the flavor of the patch and will switch to whatever is top DPS but i think that is only a solution if you are literally getting the absolute most out of the spec 98%+by item lvl and still not happy with where you are on the meter. With the exception of arms warrior which you should be arguing needs a nerf, most specs are withing 7% of the middle of the pack. Not saying i dont agree with you Banard, just explaining to you why i am not as passionate about it as you are. 

Edited by Sisco

14 hours ago, Khallid said:

Legs are a high value piece of gear and 860 is really low. Crafted gear goes up to 900, so I'll assume that you should have a 900 or higher. I wouldn't be surprised if that fact alone is more important than anything else.

I don't have an Engine to check how easy or hard it is to gather the orbs (it may vary with boss to boss), but it seems pretty clear that if you can grab them then Engine is the way to go, otherwise just use Convergence. The 930 Tome is so obviously the strongest trinket you've got.

I have several weeks of H ToS work with my guild, and haven't got a single piece of good gear except for tier gloves.  I got a 940 tier helm out of normal with another group, and 935 boots off a cache.  I haven't seen a piece of jewelry, and all the 910-925 gear, specifically H/M gear, is still simming lower than my H T19 set.