Adjourner

Necromancer - Inarius + Brigg's Wrath Speed Farm Variation

1 post in this topic

There are two variants for this build and depending on preference: Grim ScytheGrim Scythe (stable dps) or the DevourDevour (burst dps)

Briggs' WrathBriggs' Wrath + Avarice BandAvarice Band+ GoldwrapGoldwrap + Boon of the HoarderBoon of the Hoarder + FrailtyFrailty Aura of FrailtyAura of Frailty +Life from DeathLife from Death creates a giant aura (that is almost the size of the screen) to pull all the enemies towards you, to paint an easy target for devastation.

Skills:

Grim ScytheGrim Scythe variant:

DevourDevour variant:

*Note: Corpse Lance isn't recommended for this build. Also this variant is better playing with a team is because it's a double edged sword, it's easy to have the flow stop when there aren't a good supply of elites coming your way and you will feel like you're dead in the water. However it is a choice for the Grim Scythe build due to the consistent damage that grim scythe itself can deal.

Passives:

Items:
Weapon: In-geomIn-geom

Off-Hand: Leger's DisdainLeger's Disdain (grim scythe build) or Lost TimeLost Time (speed)

Set: Inarius's ConvictionInarius's Conviction + Inarius's MartyrdomInarius's Martyrdom + Inarius's PerseveranceInarius's Perseverance + Inarius's ReticenceInarius's Reticence + Inarius's UnderstandingInarius's Understanding + Inarius's WillInarius's Will

Necklace: Wisdom of KalanWisdom of Kalan

Belt: GoldwrapGoldwrap

Ring #1: Krysbin's SentenceKrysbin's Sentence

Ring #2: Avarice BandAvarice Band or Briggs' WrathBriggs' Wrath (whichever rolled better)

*Note: For your items, I suggest getting additional gold/health glob pick up area to add to the passive affects that we're wanting to boost

Kunai Cube:

Trag'Oul's Corroded FangTrag'Oul's Corroded Fang

Avarice BandAvarice Band or Briggs' WrathBriggs' Wrath (whichever wasn't rolled very well with)

Aquila CuirassAquila Cuirass or Grasps of EssenceGrasps of Essence (depending if you're using corpse explosion - also note I suggest adding Flawless Royal DiamondFlawless Royal Diamond to some sockets to add some resistance if you're giving up the damage reduction)

Legendary Gems:

Bane of the TrappedBane of the Trapped

Boon of the HoarderBoon of the Hoarder

Gogok of SwiftnessGogok of Swiftness (Grim ScytheGrim Scythe) or Wreath of LightningWreath of Lightning (Speed)

Gems:

Helm: Flawless Royal DiamondFlawless Royal Diamond

Everywhere Else: Flawless Royal DiamondFlawless Royal Diamond (Survivability) or Flawless Royal TopazFlawless Royal Topaz (Damage)

Rotations:

Grim ScytheGrim Scythe variant:

1. Keeping Bone ArmorBone Armor on cooldown, this is the most important thing for this build to work because of the damage reduction and damage boost you get for the set bonus
  2. Corpse LanceCorpse Lance/Corpse ExplosionCorpse Explosion is used against the champions, rares and uniques.
  3. Land of the DeadLand of the Dead will be used when during large encounters/boss fights.
  4. Blood RushBlood Rush will be used for traveling/utility (especially when In-geomIn-geom is procced).
  5. Grim ScytheGrim Scythe will be used in all other cases.

DevourDevour variant:

1. Bone ArmorBone Armor (keeping on cooldown), to get things started.
  2. Land of the DeadLand of the Dead to start building your momentum when your 1st elite pack shows up.
  3. Corpse ExplosionCorpse Explosion  you'll be using as your main point of dps because you'll be dragging everything on the screen towards you, piling towards the center to deliver devastating splash damage.
  4. Blood RushBlood Rush + DevourDevour in sync will be used as your movement utility, which during your In-geomIn-geom proccing will make DevourDevour almost needed because of how quick you'll be moving and how quickly your health will drain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference for a standard ancient only build: https://www.d3planner.com/236420675

Reference for a perfected build: https://www.d3planner.com/376141709

Edited by Adjourner

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Danny1985
      Hi everyone!
      I'm a long time diablo player and love to make my own builds. I always like to pick sets and make a build around it. That said I found out a very nice use of the Inarius's set for the necromancer. It performs so well I manage to do higher rifts then with my pestilence corpse lance build and clear things much faster. 
      Now to follow the build suggestion guideline on this forum:
      What is the main part of the build? What does it rely on to work? The main part of the build is having the Inarius set. This set is nescesary for the damage improvement and survivability. It's a build that rely's on keeping the buff from the Inarius set up to deal heavy damage. It has great survivability at torment 9 where I'm at now.  (Still havent reached highest torment level cause my items are still of normal quality and not ancient or upgraded.) 
      It's a very fun and effective build to play since you'll run fast thanks to Steuart's Greaves (cubed) and pull enemies in with Briggs' Wrath. Curse appliance is not needed cause you'll use it in aura form because you stay in melee range. so there is less to keep worying about. Because we use Grim ScytheBlood Scythe as a primary attack the skill Devour is also not needed. The scythes attack regenerates both health and essence very quickly and does so with high damage thanks to Leger's Disdain.
      Provide as many items as possible that you feel the build requires. If you aren't sure about a certain slot, leave it empty and let the community fill it in with suggestions. Needed itemswise for this build is as follows:
      Inarius's Conviction Inarius's Martyrdom Inarius's Perseverance Inarius's Reticence Inarius's Understanding Inarius's Will We want crit hit chance and crit damage where-ever possible. Armor/Vit is also nice to have. Offcourse intelligence will be the main stat. Other items we use are:
      Scythe of the Cycle this gives your secondary ability a very nice boost. We also be "spamming" bone armor so the lost of 4 seconds is not a big deal. Our offhand is as said before Leger's Disdain to give your primary attack a bit more punch.  For bracers Nemesis Bracers are preffered because of the added champions wich makes for faster speedfarming. We cube another item so this one has to be slotted. The Compass Rose together with The Traveler's Pledge grants a nice set bonus wich helps our damage even further as well as giving a bit more defence while running towards those elites. Briggs' Wrath is our second ring for the pull in. For a belt i'm trying to find  Dayntee's Binding for some more damage reduction. A The Witching Hour also works well. Provide as many skills as possible that you feel the build requires. The skills used are: 
      Grim ScytheBlood Scythe for close ranged damage essence and life Death NovaBone Nova fits the close range playstyle  and deals huge damage. This is our spammable.  FrailtyAura of Frailty we use this as an aura so that combined with the ring we will pull everything onto ourselves. Blood RushMetabolism a 2nd charge here is very nice to have it gives us an escape and a major speed boost thanks to the cubed armor piece. This makes for very fast clearing.  Bone ArmorVengeful Armaments I used vengeful arnaments here because it gives more damage. I find the stun or freeze from the poison or cold rune are not needed (yet). We keep this on all time's because of the damage boost it provides with the set we are wearing. So even if there is only one enemy just click it it wil lrecharge very fast because we spam a secondary skill wich is going to reduce the cooldown thanks to cubed ring.  Corpse ExplosionClose Quarters This skill gives us alot of damage and fits the close ranged style. I tried the physical damage runes but they were lackluster. It also is our only skill that gets rid of those nasty corpses. I choosed Corpse Explosion over Corpse Lance since I allready have Lance builds.   The passive skills we use:
      Stand Alone Because well, we are alone and this gives us a nice boost. Draw Life Nice because most enemies will be in melee range. Dark Reaping this one can be switched out for something else.  Swift Harvesting This gives us some more speed attacking with Grim scythe. Add a general overview of the playstyle. Should you be hanging around at the back or diving in? Should you be spamming abilities or pooling resources? We rush the battlefield with the runspeed provided by blood rush and the cube. If we see a large group or an elite group we dive in pop Bone Armor, spam Death Nova and if many mobs and a few bodies corpse explosion. Use Grim Scythe if you get low on essence or hp. If the elite mob has nasty affixes or explodes you have the 2nd charge of blood rush to get out of the way for a moment.
      What stats work best for the build? Intelligence, crit hit chance, crit hit damage, vitality, armor. 
      Where should you be putting paragon points? I'm Paragorn 564 now abd was already far in paragorn when I started this character. So I got points in everything already. although I let goldfind alone.   
      What gems and legendary gems should you be using? Put an amethyst in the helm slot for life and topaz in the rest for intellect. Offcourse take the highest gem you have for this. If you feel you need more survivability you can switch out some topaz for amerthyst.
      As legendary gems we use Bane of the Trapped cause it gives us a damage boost from rank 25.  And Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard will provides us with some more survivability. Gem of Efficacious Toxin further gives a nice damage boost. For rifts Bane of the Stricken could also be used.
      What should be in your Kanai's cube? Very important to have in the cube are: 
      Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac for the cooldownreduction. (If you are not wearing it)
      Steuart's Greaves makes any necromancer build wich uses blood rush much much faster. 
      Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang gives us some more damage versus cursed enemies, which they are cause of our curse aura. 
    • By Qzcz
      Hi,
      This build suggestion is intended to comply with the guidance in:
      What is the main part of the build? What does it rely on to work?
      This is a speedfarming variation of the "Lazy Necro (i.e. The Anti-Carpal Tunnel Build)" build found at https://www.diablofans.com/builds/93271-lazy-necro-i-e-the-anti-carpal-tunnel-build-2-6-1, sometimes called the "Lazymancer" build. That build's rationale and synergies are discussed at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20758385950. Basically, you just keep moving and most normal mobs you touch die. Very little thought or effort is required, other than casting Bone Armor periodically, Devouring frequently, and dealing with Champions, Elites, and Rift Guardians.
      It is intended for paragon and gear levels such that T13 content is trivial. I typically run GR60s for leveling low-level gems up to level 50, then increase the level one at a time up to 70, bringing the gems to level 60, and also use this build for bounties and LRs. I can use this build above GR70 but it gets slower, and more powerful builds end up making more sense even though they require more concentration and effort.
      I'm at 983 PP, all Ancient, one Primal, all pieces modestly Augmented, typically with +350 int. This build was, in fact, crucial to getting everything augmented, because I can run GR60s so quickly and level gems up to 50, then switch to more powerful, slower builds to run up to GR80 and level gems up to 70. In the past I used PPs for Vitality and gemmed for Vitality. At this point I use PPs for Int and gem for Int. In some cases I have played with friends/in groups and gotten the gems I use and the gems for augments to higher levels.
      I'm not sure of my average rift-clearing time. For this post I tested and cleared GR60s in 3:38, 3:52, and 2:58.
      Compared to the build it is based on, my proposed build remains based on the Inarius set (Inarius's Conviction, etc.) and Bone Armor as enhanced by the Inarius set bonuses. The major important changes are:
      Cubing Krelm's Buff Belt rather than Aquila Cuirass for speed; I find that I don't need the damage reduction, especially given the Gizzard as noted below.
        Substituting out one of the DOT gems (Pain Enhancer or Gem of Efficacious Toxin) for Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard to prevent damage and thus keep the speed bonus from Krelm's Belt active, and also increase life per second.
        Substituting Death NovaBlight for Land of the DeadFrozen Lands for use on Champions, Elites, Rift Guardians, and crowds.
        Changing passives from:

Stand Alone, Rigor Mortis, Eternal Torment, and Draw Life 

to:

Stand Alone (unchanged; great value in a petless build), Final Service (survivability; permit carelessness, especially around explode-after-death mobs; avoid losing a gem upgrade), Overwhelming Essence (more Death NovaBlight when needed; extra damage due to Reilena's Shadowhook), and Fueled by Death (speed). Minor changes include:
      Equip:

The Traveler's Pledge and The Compass Rose (take less damage while moving, which is almost all of the time; do more damage when standing still, when casting Death Nova repeatedly against Champions, Elites, and Rift Guardians; plus, I happen to have a really nice primal Compass Rose) and Krysbin's Sentence (cubed in the base build)

... rather than:

Wisdom of Kalan (I cube it instead), Bul-Kathos's Wedding Band (I don't find that I need the Draw Life, especially with the  Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard shield and life regen, plus the Endless Walk damage reduction; also, no room), and Convention of Elements (no room).
        As noted in passing above, cube Wisdom of Kalan so I can wear The Traveler's Pledge. Provide as many items as possible that you feel the build requires. If you aren't sure about a certain slot, leave it empty and let the community fill it in with suggestions.
      6p Inarius set:
      Inarius's Understanding Inarius's Martyrdom Inarius's Conviction Inarius's Will Inarius's Reticence Inarius's Perseverance Other:
      The Traveler's Pledge (rationale discussed above) The Compass Rose (rationale discussed above) Krysbin's Sentence (increased damage due to self-proccing Bane of the Trapped as well as Bone ArmorDislocation and Death NovaBlight) Nemesis Bracers (Greater rift-clearing speed by spawning a champion at every shrine; can substitute e.g. Reaper's Wraps (which have the advantage of being crafted; thus, you can keep crafting them until you get the stats you want) for bounties Dayntee's Binding (damage reduction due to FrailtyAura of Frailty) As is Recommended in the base build, I use Reilena's Shadowhook and cube Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang. Presumably, as is listed as Adequate in the base build, it would be fine to use Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang and Lost Time and cube Reilena's Shadowhook. Provide as many skills as possible that you feel the build requires.
      SimulacrumReservoir for rift bosses or bounty bosses. I bind this to mousewheel up. FrailtyAura of Frailty so things die faster; also, for damage reduction due to Dayntee's Binding. I bind this to left mouse button, so the left mouse button just causes me to move, it never casts anything. Bone ArmorDislocation because of the benefits from the Inarius set. This is your principle damage dealer. The Dislocation stun procs Krysbin's Sentence for additional damage. I bind this to mousewheel down. DevourCannibalize for the essence, life, and the speed increase via Fueled by Death. I bind this to the G8 button on my Logitech G700. The Back button on a standard 5-button mouse would also be a good choice. You need to hit this quite often, trying to keep up ten stacks of Fueled by Death as well as your health and essence. Blood RushMetabolism for mobility. I bind this to the G6 button on my G700. the Forward button on a standard five-button mouse would be another good choice. Great for hopping through walls, hopping up/down to/from balconies, and returning from dead ends. Death NovaBlight for Champions, Elites, and Rift Guardians, and for clearing bunches of mobs without running around and touching them all, and to proc Krysbin's Sentence. I have this bound to the right mouse button. Add a general overview of the playstyle. Should you be hanging around at the back or diving in? Should you be spamming abilities or pooling resources?
      This is a tanky necro. As long as you have 15 stacks of bone armor up, and especially if the shield from the Gizzard is up, wade right in. Avoid the explosions when some mobs die, but sometimes I take a chance on this as long as Final Service hasn't been used in the last 60 seconds; I don't want to wait for the explosions to gather orbs, and so sometimes I get caught in explosions which would have resulted in death without Final Service.
      You must get bone armor up right away. It does full damage even with one stack. You should try to get it to 15 stacks as soon as possible. It is really annoying when you initially encounter just a few mobs and get a correspondingly small number of stacks of bone armor, and you can't get more until the ten second cooldown passes. In these situations, consider just blood rushing past the small number of mobs to get to a larger number of mobs so that you can start with more bone armor. 
      Once you have 15 stacks, you only need a single mob to maintain all 15 stacks when you recast, but you do need to recast (and you need a live mob) before it expires. You must recast after the ten second (before CDR) cooldown, and before the 60 second expiration. Ideally recast when there are a bunch of mobs, and/or an enemy elite/champion/rift guardian around; there is a significant boost in damage to nearby mobs when you recast. Generally recast soon after the cooldown. If you have a follower with an Oculus Ring, it's great to recast while standing in an Area of Focused Power.
      If you die during e.g. a GR rift guardian and there is thus only one mob available to rebuild bone armor, you will be squishy and need to kite. Cast bone armor on cooldown; when you haven't taken damage for four seconds and the shield from the Gizzard gem shows up, wade in and get some hits and apply a DOT. Also, you will have no way of recovering Essence; make sure you have Simulacrum up when you cast Death Nova, and don't do it until you have enough stacks of Bone Armor that you can keep casting until Essence is exhausted while Simulacrum is still up.
      I only use Simulacrum on rift guardians or bosses during bounties. You could probably use it more often.
      Cast Devour often. Try to maintain ten stacks of Fueled by Death. As with Bone Armor, once you have ten stacks, you only need to consume a single corpse to maintain the ten stacks.
      For solo play, I use the templar because of the life-per-second from Loyalty, which enhances the Gizzard. I equip him with Enchanting Favor so I don't have to care about vitality, resistance, etc., and can concentrate on CDR and AS (for equipment procs), Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker with Lightning damage plus the Legendary power because I used to play WoW (well, actually, because of the lightning damage, to proc his ring), The Ess of Johan to gather mobs so I can run through them, maybe casting Bone Armor or a Death Nova, Wyrdward to stun enemies via lightning damage (and thus proc my Krysbin's Sentence), Oculus Ring to dramatically increase my damage when it's convenient to blood rush (or just walk) into an area of focused power and recast Bone Armor and/or cast Death Nova, and Freeze of Deflection to freeze attackers occasionally, again proccing my Krysbin's Sentence. Skills are largely up to you, other than the previously-stated advantage of Loyalty; I use Intervene, Charge, and Inspire (I don't want the knockback from Guardian; I want mobs clustered together).
      What stats work best for the build?
      Enough Vitality to run the content at your paragon/gear level. Otherwise, Intelligence for faster killing (and Resist All). CHC is particularly important if you want to use Pain Enhancer as your DOT gem; it does its damage over just three seconds, but only to mobs you critically hit. If your CHC isn't high enough, use Gem of Efficacious Toxin. It takes ten seconds to do its work, but it doesn't require crits and it benefits from +Poison Damage. CHD is a big damage boost. +Poison Damage affects both your bone armor and your death novas. +Bone Armor damage is nice. Life per Second enhances the shield from the gizzard.
      Where should you be putting paragon points?
      Mostly this is a late-game build, so you'll have topped out or nearly topped out everything except Intelligence and/or Vitality. There, put enough in Vitality to stay alive and safe; put the rest in Intelligence. When I started running this build I used PPs and gems primarily for Vitality. Once I got augments on everything and mobs died faster I moved toward Intelligence.
      What gems and legendary gems should you be using?
      For helm, amethyst seems like the only sensible choice. For weapon, an emerald via a Ramaladni's Gift. For jewelry, Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard, Bane of the Trapped, and either Pain Enhancer or Gem of Efficacious Toxin as discussed above. For the remaining sockets, amethyst or topaz depending on your survivability needs, as discussed above.
      What should be in your Kanai's cube?
      As discussed above, either Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang or Reilena's Shadowhook, depending on which is equipped, Krelm's Buff Belt, and Wisdom of Kalan unless you're wearing it, in which case you could cube Krysbin's Sentence and wear something like Bul-Kathos's Wedding Band or Convention of Elements instead.
      I hope others find this useful.

• By TipeaPeti
      Hi all!
      New set item is better than the old one or the item's sinergy don't work well with the old set items? I know, my question is strange, but what is the common opinion? I know all the patch notes have info for set item changes, old ones have the new set stats, all set item is up-to-date in normal.
      But my Akkhan Crusader build is not working well. I have a new  Frydehr's Wrath & Blade of Prophecy . I have 1892paragon, have a good gear, good stats, right skills+passives, high leg.gems, cube is ok, caldesans etc. My dps is almost 4mill, but the solo 104 is my maximum (in a very good gr map).
      New ones is better like old ones? This is possible? Anyone in same feeling?
    • By Lavundi
      Hello guys.
      I have an issue to open the "Heroes" section. It won't open anything and the site keeps White (screenshot). 
      It doesn't matter wich browser I'm using and some other friends have the same issue. 
      Maybe you could check it out? 

Thanks and Keep your work going on :)