FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Tier 14 Set Bonuses

As you all may have seen, I copied the recently released set bonuses for Tier 14 and placed them in their respective class forum pages. One thing I noticed was how nearly all of the DPS set bonuses are simply throughput gains while tanking set bonuses increase their self-healing. However, healers get insane bonuses, such as the Holy Priest Circle of Healing CD reduced 4 seconds. I think this new raid tier is going to be attuned for a lot of damage based on the set bonuses released. Of course, with all the throughput DPS bonuses, I imagine there will be an Ultraxion/Patchwerk type fight that will be a wall for those trying to sneak by in all blues.

I'd love to see how you all feel about your respective set bonuses and how you think it will affect your game play and how you contribute to your raid group.

Personally I like the fact there is something in hunter for all specs that doesn't seem to single one out as being the best however I generally feel that they are much less imaginative than previous bonuses. I would have prefered a haste gain bonus or something random - flaming arrow was pretty cool & something along those lines would have been nicer.

Depending how the specs play out in MoP I recon if I am still MM the bigger bonus will be from the 2 set... but we shall see!

I suppose like Zagam mentioned in the other thread the tier bonuses are never that brilliant for the first tier of raiding. But I think they should be more imaginative for sure! Really lame dps increases or crit increases dont ever seem to "do" much, or make you think out of the box etc.

Must admit I am loving the circle of healing! ;)

I suppose like Zagam mentioned in the other thread the tier bonuses are never that brilliant for the first tier of raiding. But I think they should be more imaginative for sure! Really lame dps increases or crit increases dont ever seem to "do" much, or make you think out of the box etc.

Must admit I am loving the circle of healing! Posted Image

I actually agree with you a lot, and I find the devs' choice of set bonuses a bit puzzling, if you realize that their philosophy for talents and abilities has been "let's get rid of boring +% extra damage/healing". I understand that these kinds of set bonuses are standard for the entry tier, but they are pretty boring and really could have been spiced up considerably.

On the other hand, perhaps they specifically chose set bonuses that don't interfere with mechanics so that it's easier for players to get used to all the other class changes that occur at the start of a new expansion.

I actually agree with you a lot, and I find the devs' choice of set bonuses a bit puzzling, if you realize that their philosophy for talents and abilities has been "let's get rid of boring +% extra damage/healing". I understand that these kinds of set bonuses are standard for the entry tier, but they are pretty boring and really could have been spiced up considerably.

On the other hand, perhaps they specifically chose set bonuses that don't interfere with mechanics so that it's easier for players to get used to all the other class changes that occur at the start of a new expansion.

Yep, all true, but like you mentioned the "let get rid of boring stuff" mentality then contradicts the lame bonuses.

I must admit though its a small thing to get worried about. Myself personally I almost enjoy set bonuses not matching my style of play, it puts less pressure on you to grind the 4 set. Really strong bonuses mean you have little choice in what gear you can obtain and can make you feel like your missing out if you dont get the right drops when you need them etc.

Plus it must be tough to make imaginative set bonuses for every class for every tier.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gnar
      For those that don't know, OpenRaid has created a WARLOCK ONLY T14H run this Saturday.

The goal: Beat EU-Horde's warlock team

Currently, EU-Horde has a lot more signed up, and personally, I don't wanna get beaten by this team of scrubblings.

The event is this Saturday, 17 May at 5pm EDT New York / 11pm CEST Paris

Link to the battle: http://openraid.us/main/news/131
      Link to the sign up: http://openraid.us/events/view/193447

Read the sign up instructions. Be sure to watch videos on all the fights.  This forum thread can continue to be used to talk about personal survival strategy for any fight (bosses will melt, but no reason to go in blind), although I am hopefully that Dpsonroids will give any info they feel is necessary to the success of the run.

For the US-Alliance!!!
    • By Zagam
      An early look at the numbers...mind you, this is very early and is not indicative of what will be shipped live, but they are getting pretty close. These simulations also help you see what you should be prioritizing and where most of your DPS comes from! Great data!!!
      http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html
      Go to the link above to find your specific spec. Click on it and it will open up and show you everything you could ever want to know. One chart you will immediately notice is a chart that says DPET (Damage Per Execution Time). What this is is a calculation of how much damage you do with an ability based on the number of times you used it. For example, a Warlock's highest DPET will always be his Summon Doomguard because you use the ability one time and it does damage for 75 seconds. Take this calculation for example:
      Summon Doomguard = 900k damage, 1 cast
      Shadowbolt = 1200k damage, 60 casts
      Two ways of looking at this is Shadowbolt contributed more of your damage, but you had to use at least 60 globals (+ any casting time used past a global) to execute that much damage. Here, you would divide the total damage you did and divide by the total time spent. For simplicity, let's say Shadowbolt was a 2 second cast. Our new calculation looks like this...
      Summon Doomguard = 900k damage, 1 cast, Instant = 900,000/1/1 = 900,000 DPET
      Shadowbolt = 1200k damage, 60 casts, 2 second cast = 1,200,000/60/2 = 10,000 DPET
      Just thought I'd offer that bit of help explaining something that used to confuse me. On the bottom right hand side, you'll see a chart that is labeled 'What you will be doing' that calculates time spent performing certain abilities. On that chart, Shadowbolt will be a much higher portion of time spent than Summon Doomguard, approximately 120 times that amount, to be more accurate.
      If anyone needs help figuring out what your specific chart means, let me know and I will be glad to assist you in deciphering. Without further wait, here are the (very pre-mature) numbers in a Patchwerk type fight with full BiS Tier 14 (end of first raid tier in Mists of Pandaria):
      Warrior - 2H Fury - 133.4k
      Warrior - 1H Fury - 127.2k
      Mage - Fire - 122.7k
      Warlock - Demonology - 122.6k
      Warlock - Affliction - 121.1k
      Mage - Frost - 118.3k
      Monk - Windlwalker - 118.0k
      Rogue - Subtelty - 117.8k
      Druid - Balance - 117.7k
      Death Knight - Unholy - 115.5k
      Mage - Arcane - 115.0k
      Death Knight - 2H Frost - 114.3k
      Death Knight - 1H Frost - 113.0k
      Rogue - Assassination - 112.7k
      Druid - Feral - 112.2k
      Shaman - Enhancement - 111.6k
      Priest - Shadow - 108.2k
      Shaman - Elemental - 108.0k
      Rogue - Combat - 106.8k
      Hunter - Beast Mastery - 106.8k
      Warlock - Destruction - 106.5k
      Hunter - Survival - 105.4k
      Paladin - Retribution - 104.2k
      Warrior - Arms - 98.8k
      Hunter - Marksmanship - 95.9k
      Some thoughts...
      1. Arms Warriors from the top to the bottom...hope the fall doesn't hurt too badly.
      2. Frost Mages better than Arcane Mages in PvE? Ultimate Blizzard trolling.
      3. Warlocks up after major overhaul. Class still very volatile to nerfs/buffs.
      4. Combat Rogues now perform pretty badly. I'm sure this would change if able to cleave two targets.
      5. Shamans still suck unless they are Restoration.
      6. For you Hunters...I feel for you. But rest assured that you'll be buffed soon. No way all 3 specs stay that low on the totem pole.
      7. Retribution is bad again...just an indication Blizzard wants you to tank or heal.
      What do you guys think?