FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Destruction Warlock PvP 7.2.5

Guest Mornnah

Who is this kid?? Mysticall is a Monk and all of his videos are him PvPing as a monk.  Why is he trying to create a Warlock PvP guide?  Hell, I'll create one for more accountability. 

On 8/1/2017 at 6:52 PM, Guest Mornnah said:

Who is this kid?? Mysticall is a Monk and all of his videos are him PvPing as a monk.  Why is he trying to create a Warlock PvP guide?  Hell, I'll create one for more accountability. 

Do you have a particular error that you have found in the guide? It would be far more productive than nitpicking the main class of a guide writer. 

• Like 1

Guest Darkarn

I'm a veteran destruction warlock PvPer (been one since wrath). and I have been above 2k in most legion seasons. However, I have a few issues with this guide.

First of all, fel fissure is garbage unless you are playing with a rogue, and still the cc from "entrenched in flame" is usually more useful against any kind of enemies, but especially against melee. However, fel fissure could be picked when you have a frost mage on your team, since the DRs would stack way too high with the roots from both of you. 

Also demon skin is surprisingly useless. If you have melee training you, they will not let it build up over 100k... and when they decide to burst you, it's not enough to have a shield regenerating 1% of your hp every second. Dark pact is way more useful in the current season, as you can get a shield of almost 2 million on demand, which also lines up with the cd of your unending resolve, allowing you to survive for extended periods of burst, or just higher burst damage than usual. Though it has to be said that demon skin is solid against the zero teams who are playing rot comps instead of double melee or RMP.

Then there is wreak havoc. The normal havoc perfectly matches the CD of coil. You can use that to cc your kill target and a second target. Extremely useful against 2 melee. You can coil both melee from you, free-cast a chaos bolt into a conflagrate to root them both. Since destruction in season 4 is mostly about the chaos bolts, havoc isn't a massive damage gain. Instead, using channel demonfire on a single target, you can achieve up to 1.5-2 million damage with one cast. Since it's fire school you will almost never be locked out of it, but if you do get kicked you can now fear and chaos bolt. Soul conduit is also an ok option if you want to rain of fire cleave 2 melee.

Now let's talk about the curses a bit. I'd say fragility is almost always the best option unless you are playing against an arms warrior or a sub rogue. the 25s cd on weakness lines up with sharpen blade, and you will be able to slap it on a sub rogue during almost every shadowdance too. But curse of fragility is just so good. The 45s cd lines up perfectly with your havoc and mortal coil, which is your best shot at getting off chaos bolt casts.

And finally, the grimoires. Service is indeed the best one, IF the enemy team happens to have a caster. Against double melee however, I'd advice to go with supremacy... And more specifically to go with the infernal. The immolation aura from the infernal deals massive cleave damage (try it and check from your recount/skada), in addition to defensive benefits: You get an AoE stun on a 1 min cd, while the infernal rocks a few hundred thousand more hp, allowing for a much beefier dark pact. Due to these perks, the infernal is the go to pet against double melee cleaves, which is like over 90% of matches in legion (feelsbadman).

On 8/9/2017 at 7:44 PM, Guest Darkarn said:

I'm a veteran destruction warlock PvPer (been one since wrath). and I have been above 2k in most legion seasons. However, I have a few issues with this guide.

I've put your comment into a note for the writer (albeit a bit late, but hopefully we can still resolve the issues). Thanks for the feedback on it all!

On 8/9/2017 at 2:44 PM, Guest Darkarn said:

First of all, fel fissure is garbage unless you are playing with a rogue, and still the cc from "entrenched in flame" is usually more useful against any kind of enemies, but especially against melee. However, fel fissure could be picked when you have a frost mage on your team, since the DRs would stack way too high with the roots from both of you. 

Also demon skin is surprisingly useless. If you have melee training you, they will not let it build up over 100k... and when they decide to burst you, it's not enough to have a shield regenerating 1% of your hp every second. Dark pact is way more useful in the current season, as you can get a shield of almost 2 million on demand, which also lines up with the cd of your unending resolve, allowing you to survive for extended periods of burst, or just higher burst damage than usual. Though it has to be said that demon skin is solid against the zero teams who are playing rot comps instead of double melee or RMP.

Then there is wreak havoc. The normal havoc perfectly matches the CD of coil. You can use that to cc your kill target and a second target. Extremely useful against 2 melee. You can coil both melee from you, free-cast a chaos bolt into a conflagrate to root them both. Since destruction in season 4 is mostly about the chaos bolts, havoc isn't a massive damage gain. Instead, using channel demonfire on a single target, you can achieve up to 1.5-2 million damage with one cast. Since it's fire school you will almost never be locked out of it, but if you do get kicked you can now fear and chaos bolt. Soul conduit is also an ok option if you want to rain of fire cleave 2 melee.

Now let's talk about the curses a bit. I'd say fragility is almost always the best option unless you are playing against an arms warrior or a sub rogue. the 25s cd on weakness lines up with sharpen blade, and you will be able to slap it on a sub rogue during almost every shadowdance too. But curse of fragility is just so good. The 45s cd lines up perfectly with your havoc and mortal coil, which is your best shot at getting off chaos bolt casts.

And finally, the grimoires. Service is indeed the best one, IF the enemy team happens to have a caster. Against double melee however, I'd advice to go with supremacy... And more specifically to go with the infernal. The immolation aura from the infernal deals massive cleave damage (try it and check from your recount/skada), in addition to defensive benefits: You get an AoE stun on a 1 min cd, while the infernal rocks a few hundred thousand more hp, allowing for a much beefier dark pact. Due to these perks, the infernal is the go to pet against double melee cleaves, which is like over 90% of matches in legion (feelsbadman).

On 8/9/2017 at 2:44 PM, Guest Darkarn said:

Hi! I will respond to each of your talent suggestions.

Fel Fissure - If you are playing with any class with a stun, Fel Fissure is the best choice. If you are not playing with a Rogue you are correct. If you are running without a stun or a teammate needs a peel you can run Entrenched in Flame.

Demon Skin - Demon Skin is not only important for your survivability, but also your pets. There is so much cleave damage that your

pet can sometimes easily die to teams that are not focusing it. Dark Pact is great if you are struggling to survive against melee teams, 

but then it becomes much easier to kill your pet.

Wreak Havoc - This is primarily for spread pressure and Mortal Coil. If you are 100% positive that the enemy team will not interrupt it, you can use Channel Demonfire for pretty good damage. However, most teams will kick every single cast. Wreak Havoc allows you to Mortal Coil 2 targets and guarantee that you can cast 1-2 Chaos Bolts before the duration is over.

Curses - If you want to play aggressive and try to catch a team off guard in the opener, Curse of Fragility will certainly be your choice. The reason it is not recommended, is because it won't work every time. Curse of Tongues is consistent and can be used on any class that needs to cast their crowd control. As you said, Curse of weakness lines up great with Warrior Sharpen Blade and Rogue Shadowdance. Again, if you want to be the aggressive team, you can use Curse of Fragility, but if you want to stop crowd control or playing against strong melee, the other curses are better.

Grimoires  - Service is best even if there are two melee because there is likely to be a healer on the enemy team as well. It makes it easier for you because you will only have one target for both of your kicks. This will make your team do more pressure as well if you successfully lockout the enemy healer. However, if your primary focus is surviving, supremacy can be a decent way to keep yourself alive if your teammate cannot help you.

Thank you for your comment, I will add Entrenched in Flame and Grimoire of Supremacy as options in their row of talents.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Guest Deer said:

This Focused Chaos link is wrong.

Letting writer know. Thanks!

I would just like to say thank you for taking the time to fill out this guide I myself have found it very helpful in mastering my Warlock on the Battleground. I look forward to any updates you post in the upcoming Xpac.

Sign in to follow this