Destruction Warlock PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Warlock PvP guide.
Destruction Warlocks in Patch 10.1.
Destruction Warlocks bring a mix of strong single-target damage and control, and are very threatening when left alone. Chaos Bolt is one of the most feared spells in the game. If you give a Destruction Warlock the chance to chain together multiple Chaos Bolts, the game will surely be over.
Strengths of Destruction Warlocks
- Extremely disruptive
- Strong, casted burst damage
- Great on-demand instant damage
Weaknesses of Destruction Warlocks
- Struggle to stay alive against melee teams
- Hard to cast against teams with multiple interrupts
- Difficult to close games out before Dampening
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Destruction Warlock PvP Talents page, you will find a talent build recommended. In addition, different talent choices for specific situations will be considered.
- On the Destruction Warlock PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (opener, burst damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Destruction Warlock PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Destruction Warlock PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Destruction Warlocks in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Destruction Warlock PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Destruction Warlocks.
- On the Destruction Warlock Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Destruction Warlocks, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 16 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflgiht Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Guide updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.5.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Guide updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Added Covenant page.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Guide updated for Shadowlands. Still missing Covenants page.
Other PvP Guides
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dragonriding Cups Coming to Old Expansion Zones
- Brackenhide Hollow +24 Cleared Without a Healer
- Gamebreaking +840% Movement Speed Increase with Azerite
- Patch 10.1 Raid Spec Popularity Versus Average Overall DPS
- New HD Cursor and Vendor Icons in Patch 10.1.5 Build 49824
- Everything We Know About the Dawn of the Infinite Megadungeon in Patch 10.1.5
- Glyph of the Observer Will Be Removed from the Game in Patch 10.1.5