Valkas

Most Complex Classes?

12 posts in this topic

I played at the launch of legion for a good month or two, but i've recently come back. I picked up unholy and I really like it but I like to have some alts so i'm looking for another option.

Now, to clarify my question. What I mean when I ask for complexity is perhaps not everyones definition. When I play my UDK, I understand the basics. Put on wounds, pop wounds=Damage. Obviously it's a lot deeper than that in terms of our kit but thats the general gist. When I play UDK, I feel as if I play it more i'll get better. There's some RNG, and lots of varying situations as to what button I need to press next to squeeze out the most dps.

That's the kind of thing I crave. And i'm curious what other classes have this type of playstyle in the same or varying degrees. I know for a fact feral is in this camp, and if i'd guess i'd say it's the most complex class in legion at the moment. The problem is I don't really like Feral's flavor. I tried Arms warrior but my problem with it was i'd colossus smash...and then just hit the guy. It never really seemed to change and that got on my nerves a little, despite me loving the flavor. 

To summarize, what classes do you guys thing have the deepest pool of choices, the most you can wring out of them by practice and mastery of them. Whether that be through best rotation or maybe even a legendary or two that mix it up for them. Thanks in advance!

On 22/07/2017 at 6:00 PM, Valkas said:

To summarize, what classes do you guys thing have the deepest pool of choices, the most you can wring out of them by practice and mastery of them. Whether that be through best rotation or maybe even a legendary or two that mix it up for them. Thanks in advance!

If you want an incredibly difficult spec to master currently, go for Survival. It's very complex to properly master and play to the maximum capacity of the spec.

• Like 1

On 25.07.2017 at 6:14 AM, Blainie said:

If you want an incredibly difficult spec to master currently, go for Survival. It's very complex to properly master and play to the maximum capacity of the spec.

I agree totally, but it can be frustrating when MM hunter comes with his 3 button rotation and pulls a lot better with no effort, lots of mistakes  : /

13 hours ago, Dvanom said:

I agree totally, but it can be frustrating when MM hunter comes with his 3 button rotation and pulls a lot better with no effort, lots of mistakes  : /

For sure. Exactly for this reason, Azor in his Survival guide actually suggests people play MM/BM even though Survival sims higher than BM. The sims are so unbelievably difficult to mimic in-game. The spec is truly a complex class to play.

• Like 1

If you want a hard spec, try feral druid and raid (just stock some cocaine first, so you can begin to hope not fucking up your rotation).

Edited by genbag
  • Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 6:56 AM, genbag said:

If you want a hard spec, try feral druid and raid (just stock some cocaine first, so you can begin to hope not fucking up your rotation).

He did explicitly say he didn't want to play Feral :p

On 30/07/2017 at 3:59 AM, Blainie said:

He did explicitly say he didn't want to play Feral :p

Didn't read, that's my bad :p

Not my fault tho, who doesn't want to play a fkin super astral tiger ?! :)

On 7/31/2017 at 8:18 AM, genbag said:

Didn't read, that's my bad :p

Not my fault tho, who doesn't want to play a fkin super astral tiger ?! :)

To be fair, I actually rolled a druid at launch because of the druid skins. They are so insanely good!

Sub Rogue as of 7.2.5, I'd say. Plenty of complexity, with small windows of time to utilise perfectly.

It obviously has the added benefit of being one of the best melee specs/classes right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weltenfeind said:

Sub Rogue as of 7.2.5, I'd say. Plenty of complexity, with small windows of time to utilise perfectly.

It obviously has the added benefit of being one of the best melee specs/classes right now.

Fair pick - it does perform a lot better than SV as well, so that's a huge bonus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Fair pick - it does perform a lot better than SV as well, so that's a huge bonus.

Indeed. That said I'm a big fan of "play what you find fun". Especially considering how much things change with each patch.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 3:16 PM, Weltenfeind said:

Indeed. That said I'm a big fan of "play what you find fun". Especially considering how much things change with each patch.

It's undoubtedly the best way to play, I agree. I play my Mage not because it is what is in highest demand or the best performing, but just because I love the lore around it :D