FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.3: Upcoming Changes to Monk & Hunter T21 Bonuses

3wlqoI1.jpg

This week's 7.3 PTR patch will have some Elemental Shaman Changes and adjustments to Tier 21 bonuses for Hunters & Monks. What will be different?

Tier 21 Set Bonus Changes

Blizzard's currently polishing the latest set bonuses and based on community feedback, a future PTR build (coming this week, probably tomorrow) will introduce the following changes to Tier 21 set bonuses:

Beast Mastery / Marksmanship Hunter

Current Beast Mastery T21 Bonuses

Current Marksmanship T21 Bonuses

Upcoming Changes

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Some changes you will see in a future PTR build:

The BM Hunter 4p has changed to Kill Command reducing the cooldown of Aspect of the Wild.

The Marksmanship Hunter 4p has changed to just be a way simpler tooltip with roughly the same value, and has swapped places with the 2p. This makes the new 2p a buff to your Focus builders, and the 4p the chance for Marked Shot to shoot a target twice.

Mistweaver Monk

Current Mistweaver T21 Bonuses

Upcoming Change

• Tranquil MistTranquil Mist (2P Bonus) will be a HoT effect, instead of an absorb

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

In a future build, the Mistweaver 2p bonus will be a Heal Over Time effect instead of an absorb to allow better interaction with the 4p bonus.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

BM 4P Bonus changed to make Kill CommandKill Command reduce the cooldown of Aspect of the WildAspect of the Wild.

Why do I feel like this makes the 4p set bonus essentially useless.  I mean don't get me wrong Aspect of the Wild is a good skill and extremely beneficial during bestial wrath but it just feels like blizzard felt the previous 4p bonus was too OP and was like how do we fix it... I know let's make it useless.

Also once again as is with every expansion, BM gets some love and then gets less love.  I mean don't get me wrong, BM still does well on some fights and isn't in a terrible spot overall (could use a bit of love) but the previous 4p bonus I felt would allow it to shine quite a bit once again.

1 hour ago, DeathsDesign said:

Why do I feel like this makes the 4p set bonus essentially useless.  I mean don't get me wrong Aspect of the Wild is a good skill and extremely beneficial during bestial wrath but it just feels like blizzard felt the previous 4p bonus was too OP and was like how do we fix it... I know let's make it useless.

Also once again as is with every expansion, BM gets some love and then gets less love.  I mean don't get me wrong, BM still does well on some fights and isn't in a terrible spot overall (could use a bit of love) but the previous 4p bonus I felt would allow it to shine quite a bit once again.

Are you kidding me? That is still a really good 4pc. Not only will the extra crit proc call of the wild more often which means more pets, and that increases way of the cobras damage boost, and all that extra focus means more cobra shot spam.

11 minutes ago, MarcHethrusWaters said:

Are you kidding me? That is still a really good 4pc. Not only will the extra crit proc call of the wild more often which means more pets, and that increases way of the cobras damage boost, and all that extra focus means more cobra shot spam.

Pretty sure the extra focus should mean more kill command spam specially if you're using Aspect of the Wild properly.  Cobra shot is only a filler and should never be priority.

Just now, DeathsDesign said:

Pretty sure the extra focus should mean more kill command spam specially if you're using Aspect of the Wild properly.  Cobra shot is only a filler and should never be priority.

With the amount of focus you' ll have from both aspect and having more direbeasts out you'll be able to do more. Depending on how much it reduces the CD of aspect by, the extra crit may mean have bestial wrath up 100% of the time (if youre running ring and one with the pact which, you should be) , which means rotation becomes dire beast when it procs, then Cobra, kill command and repeat cause of killer cobra. Which you'll have the focus to do since to the extra dire beasts thanks to wild call and the extra crit, and extra focus gen from aspect.

So, we had Trueshot setbonusses in T19 to buff both AoE+ST (mixed boss fights). Aimedshot in T20 for a lot of ST in Tomb, now Marked Shot and Multishot in T21... Argus raid is going to be full cleave?

Rather see a set bonus which focusses on a spell we can influence instead of hoping marked to proc (outside of trueshot window) to actually be any usefull.....

15 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

Unless you're running the AotB build with high crit and low mastery. Works wonders for me when I play it and Cobra Shot is my most used ability along with Dire Beast.

2 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Unless you're running the AotB build with high crit and low mastery. Works wonders for me when I play it and Cobra Shot is my most used ability along with Dire Beast.

I can see the benefits of this set bonus running Stomp + OwtP "Zoo" build, however that build loses a lot of power if you are not using NH 2 set.

21 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

I can see the benefits of this set bonus running Stomp + OwtP "Zoo" build, however that build loses a lot of power if you are not using NH 2 set.

Not entirely, it still has strong potential without. Some theorycrafters are even suggesting 2+2+2 in Argus.

7 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Not entirely, it still has strong potential without. Some theorycrafters are even suggesting 2+2+2 in Argus.

Titanforging prayers here we come!

• Like 1