Stan

Patch 7.3: Upcoming Changes to Monk & Hunter T21 Bonuses

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

3wlqoI1.jpg

This week's 7.3 PTR patch will have some Elemental Shaman Changes and adjustments to Tier 21 bonuses for Hunters & Monks. What will be different?

Tier 21 Set Bonus Changes

Blizzard's currently polishing the latest set bonuses and based on community feedback, a future PTR build (coming this week, probably tomorrow) will introduce the following changes to Tier 21 set bonuses:

Beast Mastery / Marksmanship Hunter

Current Beast Mastery T21 Bonuses

Current Marksmanship T21 Bonuses

Upcoming Changes

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Some changes you will see in a future PTR build:

The BM Hunter 4p has changed to Kill Command reducing the cooldown of Aspect of the Wild.

The Marksmanship Hunter 4p has changed to just be a way simpler tooltip with roughly the same value, and has swapped places with the 2p. This makes the new 2p a buff to your Focus builders, and the 4p the chance for Marked Shot to shoot a target twice.

Mistweaver Monk

Current Mistweaver T21 Bonuses

Upcoming Change

• Tranquil MistTranquil Mist (2P Bonus) will be a HoT effect, instead of an absorb

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

In a future build, the Mistweaver 2p bonus will be a Heal Over Time effect instead of an absorb to allow better interaction with the 4p bonus.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

BM 4P Bonus changed to make Kill CommandKill Command reduce the cooldown of Aspect of the WildAspect of the Wild.

Why do I feel like this makes the 4p set bonus essentially useless.  I mean don't get me wrong Aspect of the Wild is a good skill and extremely beneficial during bestial wrath but it just feels like blizzard felt the previous 4p bonus was too OP and was like how do we fix it... I know let's make it useless.

Also once again as is with every expansion, BM gets some love and then gets less love.  I mean don't get me wrong, BM still does well on some fights and isn't in a terrible spot overall (could use a bit of love) but the previous 4p bonus I felt would allow it to shine quite a bit once again.

1 hour ago, DeathsDesign said:

Why do I feel like this makes the 4p set bonus essentially useless.  I mean don't get me wrong Aspect of the Wild is a good skill and extremely beneficial during bestial wrath but it just feels like blizzard felt the previous 4p bonus was too OP and was like how do we fix it... I know let's make it useless.

Also once again as is with every expansion, BM gets some love and then gets less love.  I mean don't get me wrong, BM still does well on some fights and isn't in a terrible spot overall (could use a bit of love) but the previous 4p bonus I felt would allow it to shine quite a bit once again.

Are you kidding me? That is still a really good 4pc. Not only will the extra crit proc call of the wild more often which means more pets, and that increases way of the cobras damage boost, and all that extra focus means more cobra shot spam.

11 minutes ago, MarcHethrusWaters said:

Are you kidding me? That is still a really good 4pc. Not only will the extra crit proc call of the wild more often which means more pets, and that increases way of the cobras damage boost, and all that extra focus means more cobra shot spam.

Pretty sure the extra focus should mean more kill command spam specially if you're using Aspect of the Wild properly.  Cobra shot is only a filler and should never be priority.

Just now, DeathsDesign said:

Pretty sure the extra focus should mean more kill command spam specially if you're using Aspect of the Wild properly.  Cobra shot is only a filler and should never be priority.

With the amount of focus you' ll have from both aspect and having more direbeasts out you'll be able to do more. Depending on how much it reduces the CD of aspect by, the extra crit may mean have bestial wrath up 100% of the time (if youre running ring and one with the pact which, you should be) , which means rotation becomes dire beast when it procs, then Cobra, kill command and repeat cause of killer cobra. Which you'll have the focus to do since to the extra dire beasts thanks to wild call and the extra crit, and extra focus gen from aspect.

So, we had Trueshot setbonusses in T19 to buff both AoE+ST (mixed boss fights). Aimedshot in T20 for a lot of ST in Tomb, now Marked Shot and Multishot in T21... Argus raid is going to be full cleave?

Rather see a set bonus which focusses on a spell we can influence instead of hoping marked to proc (outside of trueshot window) to actually be any usefull.....

15 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

Unless you're running the AotB build with high crit and low mastery. Works wonders for me when I play it and Cobra Shot is my most used ability along with Dire Beast.

2 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Unless you're running the AotB build with high crit and low mastery. Works wonders for me when I play it and Cobra Shot is my most used ability along with Dire Beast.

I can see the benefits of this set bonus running Stomp + OwtP "Zoo" build, however that build loses a lot of power if you are not using NH 2 set.

21 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

I can see the benefits of this set bonus running Stomp + OwtP "Zoo" build, however that build loses a lot of power if you are not using NH 2 set.

Not entirely, it still has strong potential without. Some theorycrafters are even suggesting 2+2+2 in Argus.

7 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Not entirely, it still has strong potential without. Some theorycrafters are even suggesting 2+2+2 in Argus.

Titanforging prayers here we come!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      There's been some changes to the way Blizzard handle PvP disqualifications, specifically those from end of season rewards. Players that have been disqualified from receiving these rewards will also be unable to queue for rated matches in the same season. More details below:
      Season Disqualification (source)
      As part of our continued efforts to combat cheating and unfair play in World of Warcraft, we’ve recently made a change to our policies regarding PvP disqualifications.

As of the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch, any player who is found to have engaged in unfair practices that result in their disqualification from end-of-season PvP rewards will also have their ability to queue for rated PvP matches immediately revoked. This restriction will continue through the remainder of the season in which they were disqualified, which includes the current “Post-Season” available until Battle for Azeroth launches.

This change is intended to minimize the impact that disqualified players have on those who are playing legitimately while the PvP season continues, and is just one aspect of our ongoing commitment to upholding the competitive integrity of World of Warcraft PvP.
    • By Starym
      We have the trifecta of hotfixes in three days, with today's bringing even more class tweaks, the cap for gold transfers upped to 1 million gold, enemy HP significantly reduced in EN, ToV, Nighthold and ToS, as well as the now standard quest, profession and dungeon bug fixes.
      July 20 (source)
      Classes
      Monk The Earth and Fire clone from Storm, Earth, and Fire should correctly mimic Rushing Jade Wind, regardless of the player’s target. Paladin Protection Fixed a bug preventing the Light’s Vanguard Battleplate 4-piece bonus from activating and deactivating as intended. Fixed an issue where Consecration occasionally failed to provide its self-buff. Rogue Assassination Fixed a bug where Blindside was not learnable until level 40. Warlock Demonology The Command Demon version of Spell Lock can no longer be cast without a target. Demonic Calling can now correctly be activated by casting Demonbolt.  
      Character Services
      Characters at level 110 and above may now move up to 1,000,000 gold when performing a Character Transfer.  
      Creatures and NPCs
      Fixed a visual bug that caused some characters to lose the tops of their heads.  
       Dungeons and Raids
      The health and damage of all enemies in Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor, The Nighthold, and Tomb of Sargeras has been significantly reduced. The experience awarded on completion of a random dungeon has been increased. Antorus, the Burning Throne Fixed a bug preventing Death's Advance from functioning correctly in certain encounter situations, such as Aggramar’s Flame Rend. Eye of Azshara Damage dealt by Lightning Strike, Warlord Parjesh’s Crashing Wave, and Quicksand have been significantly reduced. The Nexus Chaotic Energy Bursts from Chaotic Rifts no longer inflict excessive damage. Obsidian Sanctum Sartharion’s Large Satchel of Spoils should again contain loot. Return to Karazhan Mana Confluences’ Ablative Shield should no longer absorb an excessive amount of damage. Utgarde Keep Dragonflayer Runecaster’s Bolthorn's Rune of Flame now deals less damage. Items
      Darkmoon Deck: Promises no longer reduces some non-mana resources. Fixed a bug that prevented banners from granting expected honor, experience, and reputation bonuses. Fishing Chair and Nat's Fishing Chair have been temporarily converted into objects that are not chairs, while a bug with their functionality is fixed. They will return to their former function in a future patch.  
      Player versus Player
      Adjusted PvP scaling to reduce the difference in power and damage between players of different item levels at level 110. Fixed a bug preventing some players from obtaining Honorable Medallion while PvP-enabled.  
      Professions
      Fishing Fixed a bug that caused the wrong sound when casting.  
      Quests
      Fixed a bug with the reputation bonus on completion of "Death to Agogridon". If you previously completed the quest, speak to Karnum Marshweaver in Desolace to receive your reward. The talking quest NPC should no longer appear for players who are nearby, but are not the Hunter on “Never Hunt Alone”. Players should again be able to complete “All Charged Up”. Fixed a bug with the conversation required for “Secrets of Wrymskull Uncovered”, allowing completion of “The Echo of Ymiron”. Low-level players are now able to do appropriate damage to the  Devilsaur Queen during "The Ballad of Maximillian”. “Pitching In” can again be completed. World
      It is again possible to earn credit toward "Field Photographer" when using the S.E.L.F.I.E. cam anywhere within the Path of Uther. Alliance characters can again complete "Uther's Blessing" by approaching Uther's statue. Previous 8.0.1 hotfixes:
      July 19th July 18th
    • By Stan
      You can reach Exalted with the Gelkis and Magram Centaur Clans in Patch 8.0.1. A bug prevented players that have already completed the questline to get reputation boost. Luckily, this has been fixed by Blizzard in North America and a hotfix will be up soon in Europe as well. The fix requires a server restart.
      Both reputations count toward the 100 Exalted Reputations achievement that rewards "the Esteemed" title and a mount (Pureheart Courser). You can find more details about how to start the questline here. If you completed Death to Agogridon before the pre-patch, speak to Karnum Marshweaver in Desolace to receive the reputation boost.
      Placeholder for tweet 1020442812343447552
    • By Stan
      Players continue to discover hidden perks of the 8.0 pre-patch. Redditor fgmenth noticed that it's possible to reach Exalted reputation standing with the Gelkis and Magram Clan Centaurs in Desolace.
      Update: A hotfix went live that allows players to directly talk to Marnum Marshweaver in Desolace after having completed Death to Agogridon. Check out this post for more details.

The cool thing is that you only need to complete a couple of quests to get to Exalted and both factions count toward the new 100 Exalted Reputations that rewards "the Esteemed" title and the Pureheart Courser mount.

Quest Chain
      Maraudine Prisoner Manifest is needed to start the quest chain and the item drops from Maraudine Maulers in Desolace. You need to complete some quests in order for it to drop, more details can be found here. Completing the final quest will give you enough reputation with both factions to instantly reach Exalted.

Individual Quests
      Behind Closed Doors Time For Change Into the Fray! Death to Agogridon (Source)
    • By Stan
      Game Director Ion Hazzikostas answered your Battle for Azeroth questions today. Check out our roundup of the latest Live Developer Q&A!
      Q&A Highlights
      NA servers are briefly down for maintenance. Ion apologizes for 8.0.1, it was not the smoothest of pre-patch launches. "Players deserve better." They're working to bring Communities back. They completely overhauled the squish mechanism this time around so that they can bring down numbers with the press of a button instead of just scaling everything down manually. There are many issues with scaling, leading to mobs one-shotting you and various other bugs. The team's working around the clock to fix bugs and appreciate constructive feedback! When they fix a single bug, it can affect content that's several expansions old. If you earned Mage Tower appearances on one character, you'll be able to equip it on a second character of the same Class. No intent whatsoever to nerf Dungeon experience. The "weekly reward" is a visual bug. Warlock caster / idle animations are still in the works. Legacy Loot System won't apply to Legion raids in Battle for Azeroth at level 120. Personal Loot will be used for that, but if you're soloing Legion raid content, you'll receive loot as if you were in a 10-player group. The system was always intended for content 11+ levels higher. Mythic mounts should be tradable with Personal Loot. Azerite Armor is untradable in Battle for Azeroth. A piece of Azerite shoulders that's being looked at by multiple Classes has a different set of Azerite traits for each of them and they don't want you to give it to the Class that has the best traits on it. There shouldn't be a single best comp for all affixes. Mythic+ Seasons affect end-game rewards, so they want to align them with new raid tiers and PvP Seasons. In Battle for Azeroth, there will be Seasonal affixes activating at Keystone level 10. The first Seasonal affix will retire with the release of a new raid tier when they'll introduce a new one. Do we need a squish in every other expansion? Power progression is important for the game and there are too many tiers of progression and the high item level is what it takes for rewards to feel consistently rewarding. In BfA, players will begin to reach 10K DPS (as in Wrath). They didn't intend to increase the difficulty of Legacy content and old raids. Blizzard standardized camera anchor points for all Classes. When you start scrolling, you'll notice that the camera points to a point just above your head. No more claustrophobic camera snapping for Gnomes and Goblins! No plans to update traits on Underlight Angler for BfA. It's tied to Legion. Artifacts will override what you wear in your off-hand. They want to develop more customization options though. Azerite traits will have more depth throughout BfA. The vast majority of traits we've seen so far include less complex traits on leveling gear and feel lackluster. It's possible that a Mage Tower type of solo content will return in Battle for Azeroth. VoD