FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Uther Ultimates

Hello Guys

Im in the game for About 8 Months now and i recently started to train myself as a support player and i really enjoy it.

And tough there are lots of very good guides and stuff around im still a little loose when it comes to making decisions acording to wich skill to use.

Best Example here is that i love to play as Uther, but i always play very agressive (something i do in all games and i have to learn as well :) ) so i always go for Devine Storm and it ususally works really nice but im sure there a number of situation or enemy Heros/Teams where it would be better to use the shield.

Can anyone recomand a Example Situation where each of them are better?

Hope i dont ask for to much :) but since i want to start heroleauqe as well i try to get a better understanding for my better/Favourite Heros

Thanks in Advance

I recommend you check @Oxygen's excellent Uther Guide, if you haven't already. In his guide there is also a Ability Section where you can find a detailed explanation on each one of his abilities.

Divine Shield is usually useful when there is a lot of burst from the enemy team, and/or you have important allies to protect that are too squishy (such as Assassins with low mobility or Heroes). So I'd say it's a matter of adjusting yourself as the situation demands. For instance, if early in the match you notice that a important ally to the composition (or even yourself) is being constantly targeted and killed, picking Divine ShieldDivine Shield might be a good option, specially if the enemy team features a lot of crowd control; sure, you could always get Hand of ProtectionHand of Protection, but Guardian of Ancient KingsGuardian of Ancient Kings is way too good to be ignored.

Get Divine Shield and put it on an allied hero that has DragonbladeDragonblade or Tormented SoulsTormented Souls as to not get blown away by Mighty GustMighty Gust or trapped in CocoonCocoon

That's what I saw people in high elo do.

Edited by Fransoa

6 minutes ago, Fransoa said:

Get Divine Shield and put it on an allied hero that has DragonbladeDragonblade or Tormented SoulsTormented Souls as to not get blown away by Mighty GustMighty Gust or trapped in CocoonCocoon

That's what I saw people in high elo do.

Well noted! If I may complement, other Heroics worth using it on are:

- Samuro's BladestormBladestorm

-Kerrigan's MaelstromMaelstrom 

- Valla's StrafeStrafe

- Murky's Octo-GrabOcto-Grab

- Li Li's Jug of 1,000 CupsJug of 1,000 Cups.

- Zul'jin's Taz'dingo!Taz'dingo!

And, as noted by @Oxygen in Uther's Ability Page, you can to protect E.T.C. during Mosh PitMosh Pit to prevent opponents from cancelling the Heroic.

And if you really wanna get unstoppable, time Divine ShieldDivine Shield with Tyrael's SanctificationSanctification to get a whopping 6 sec invincibility.

Hey Guys

Thanks for the very cool advice :)

Such things are exactly the reason why i ask more experienced Players as i am. I thougth of Shield much more of a protective defensive Skill but i like the Idea of making someone protected in the offense :)

Kinde sounds like giving Raper Nanoboost, Soundbarrier and Amp it up in Overwatch :D

Ill go over the guide soon . So far i just looked over them in a fly to see the talent builds which are recomended but i didnt read it completly :)

Big THX

• Like 1

Here's a few things I look for:

1: How much melee I'm facing.  For obvious reasons, more melee heroes makes it easier to get value out of Divine Storm.  Against an all range team, then I probably don't go that route.

2: How much single target burst damage I'm facing.  The more single target burst damage, the more likely I take shield.  This is especially true when facing Heroics that don't instantaneously connect (Pulse Bomb & Pyroblast being two prime examples).

3: How deep your team needs to go in order to engage.  For example, Anub'Arak hitting four heroes with Burrow Charge sounds nice, unless he immediately gets stunned and blown up.  If I'm on a team where one hero has to expose themselves in order to start a fight, then I heavily favor Divine Shield.

4: Does your team have any channeled abilities that need to be protected?  If so, then consider Divine Shield.  Mosh Pit is a good example of a Heroic that you do NOT want interrupted (especially since it's a strictly better version of Divine Storm when it connects).

Personally, I love Uther post his recent rebuild.  If you manage his long cooldowns properly, he can be a beast in fights.

• Like 1