Uther Build Guide “I will fight with honor!”
Welcome to our guide for Uther, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Uther's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Very low damage output
- Poor Mana efficiency
- Weak waveclear
Uther's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Holy Radiance BuildRecommended
Uther's Holy Radiance Build allows you to safely heal any allied Hero from the distance. In fact, it does not feature Talents which require you to Basic Attack.
Holy Light BuildSituational
Uther's Holy Light Build gives a huge boost to his healing power and survivability in the late game.
The synergy between Beacon of Light at Level 16 and Blessed Champion at Level 13 allows you to go from low to high Health with a few Basic Attacks while healing nearby allied Heroes for the same amount.
Thanks to its versatility, we recommend playing this Build when playing Uther as secondary or even solo Healer for your team, but it can be occasionally used when playing him as Tank or Bruiser if those Roles are not being covered by anyone else.
Hammer of Justice BuildSituational
Uther's Synergies and Counters
Uther's high instantaneous healing and reliable means of providing Armor make him particularly potent with aggressive melee Heroes that can provide their own self-sustain but may otherwise need help against burst damage. Furthermore, Divine Shield enables some of the game's most dangerous combos by allowing certain Heroes to go "all out" without fear of retaliation.
Although not particularly vulnerable to any specific Hero himself, Uther tends to struggle against sustained damage, particularly over an area of effect, as his healing is powerful, but ultimately inefficient. His sub-par waveclear can also be problematic if your team composition does not make up for this weakness somewhere else.
Thanks to his burst healing, Uther prefers Maps where it is possible to secure the Objective after winning a quick team fight (such as Infernal Shrines) and that always get to the late game when he can shine more.
Due to his lack of area of effect healing and poor Mana efficiency, Uther tends to do poorly on Maps that involve long battles that expose his team to poke damage during the early game (such as Braxis Holdout).
Uther's Tips and Tricks
- Holy Light is expensive and has a long Cooldown; use it sparingly, and against targets currently being focused down.
- Holy Radiance is an effective way of applying Devotion's Armor-granting effect to several allies at once, including oneself.
- Use Hammer of Justice against high-priority targets that must be crowd controlled or have crowd control on them that is about to expire.
- Divine Shield has broadly different offensive and defensive uses; pay attention to your enemy's and your own team compositions to find out who the aggressor should be.
- Divine Storm should be used along Hammer of Justice to lock down key targets for an extended period of time. Space out using the two Abilities to make the most out of their stun duration.
- Death is not the end for Uther; remember to use Devotion to heal allies even after falling in battle yourself. Your sacrifice may even be worthwhile should you be out of Mana...
Role In The Current Meta
Considering that his power comes at the cost of high Mana consumption, Uther should not be drafted when you expect prolonged team fights where sustained healing is important to keep your team alive.
- 14 Dec. 2020 (this page): Builds updated.
- 14 Dec. 2020 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 13 Dec. 2020 (talents page): Talent Descriptions fixed.
- 29 Oct. 2020 (this page): Builds and Maps updated.
- 29 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 26 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 26 Oct. 2020 (this page): Builds updated.
- 09 Oct. 2020 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 09 Oct. 2020 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 09 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 19 Sep. 2020 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 19 Sep. 2020 (abilities page): Minor fixes.
- 19 Sep. 2020 (this page): Builds updated.
- 30 Aug. 2020 (this page): Role in Current Meta section updated.
- 22 Jun. 2020 (talents page): Talent descriptions updated.
- 05 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent descriptions and recommendations updated.
- 15 Feb. 2020 (talents page): Talents reviewed following February 12 patch changes.
- 15 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added a note about current Anomaly.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Talent builds and recommendations reviewed and updated.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (this page): Guide updated.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Abilities section reviewed.
- 14 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Updated Radiance build.
- 28 Jun. 2017 (talents page): Reviewed assessments of Level 4 and Level 13 Talents.
- 29 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Well Met is now situational (was not recommended before).
- 27 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Updated page to include Talent discussions.
- 26 Apr. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for the Genji patch and moved to new format.
- 13 Jan. 2017 (this page): Guide updated.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- How to Become a Better Stukov Player
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes: December 1st
- Storm League Changes in the Hogger Patch
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes of the Storm Cassia
- Heroes of the Storm Qhira
- Heroes of the Storm Hogger
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie
- Heroes of the Storm Falstad
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List