Uther Build Guide “I will fight with honor!”
Welcome to our guide for Uther, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Uther's Strengths and Weaknesses
Uther's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Holy Radiance BuildRecommended
Uther's Holy Radiance Build increases your sustain capabilities in prolonged team fights. Be aware that Uther will never be great in those scenarios without the help of another Healer.
Holy Shock BuildSituational
Uther's Holy Shock Build features powerful Talents which make you a versatile Hero capable of unleashing a solid amount of damage, healing, and crowd control.
Hammer of Justice BuildSituational
Uther's Hammer of Justice Build increases your crowd control by a considerable amount, allowing you to influence the flow of the battle more effectively than usual.
Hammer of the Lightbringer at Level 1 and Well Met at Level 13 are great together as they empower each other: the Slow provided by the latter makes you Basic Attack more while the cooldown reduction given by the former makes you Stun more.
We recommend this Build when playing as main Tank, however, it can also be used when playing as Support (meaning that you will have another Healer in your team). On the other hand, we do not recommend this Build when playing as solo Healer.
Holy Light BuildBeginner
Uther's Holy Light Build gives a huge boost to your healing power and survivability in the late game.
The synergy between Beacon of Light at Level 16 and Blessed Champion at Level 13 allows you to go from low to high Health with a few Basic Attacks and, at the same time, heal nearby allied Heroes for the same amount.
Uther's Synergies and Counters
Uther's high instantaneous healing and reliable means of providing Armor make him particularly potent with aggressive melee Heroes that can provide their own self-sustain but may otherwise need help against burst damage. Furthermore, Divine Shield enables some of the game's most dangerous combos by allowing certain Heroes to go "all out" without fear of retaliation.
Although not particularly vulnerable to any specific Hero himself, Uther tends to struggle against sustained damage, particularly over an area of effect, as his healing is powerful, but ultimately inefficient. His sub-par waveclear can also be problematic if your team composition does not make up for this weakness somewhere else.
Thanks to his burst healing, Uther prefers Maps where it is possible to secure the Objective after winning a quick team fight (such as Infernal Shrines) and that always get to the late game when he can shine more.
Due to his lack of area of effect healing and poor Mana efficiency, Uther tends to do poorly on Maps that involve long battles that expose his team to poke damage during the early game (such as Braxis Holdout).
Uther's Tips and Tricks
- Holy Light is expensive and has a long Cooldown; use it sparingly, and against targets currently being focused down.
- Holy Radiance is an effective way of applying Devotion's Armor-granting effect to several allies at once, including oneself.
- Use Hammer of Justice against high-priority targets that must be crowd controlled or have crowd control on them that is about to expire.
- Divine Shield has broadly different offensive and defensive uses; pay attention to your enemy's and your own team compositions to find out who the aggressor should be.
- Divine Storm should be used along Hammer of Justice to lock down key targets for an extended period of time. Space out using the two Abilities to make the most out of their stun duration.
- Death is not the end for Uther; remember to use Devotion to heal allies even after falling in battle yourself. Your sacrifice may even be worthwhile should you be out of Mana...
Uther's Role in the Current Meta
Uther is a Healer that can give Armor to any allied Hero and save them from huge amounts of burst damage. Besides helping the team with healing and defensive tools, Uther provides a considerable amount of crowd control that can be used to engage, follow up, or peel.
While he can also work as solo Healer in the right circumstances, Uther is mostly being played alongside another Healer to make up for his lack of sustain healing and huge Mana consumption. In those cases, he will usually be played as Support (meaning that you will have only one Ranged Assassin) or as Tank. We do not recommend playing him as Solo Laner because Uther lacks waveclear.
Considering that his power comes at the cost of high Mana consumption, do not draft him as solo Healer when you expect prolonged team fights, when sustained healing is important to keep your team alive, else you will not be able to handle the enemy poke and sustained damage.
- 29 Mar. 2021 (this page): Builds updated.
- 29 Mar. 2021 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 25 Feb. 2021 (this page): Builds updated.
- 25 Feb. 2021 (talents page): New layout.
- 21 Feb. 2021 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 21 Feb. 2021 (this page): Builds updated.
- 14 Dec. 2020 (this page): Builds updated.
- 14 Dec. 2020 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 13 Dec. 2020 (talents page): Talent Descriptions fixed.
- 29 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 29 Oct. 2020 (this page): Builds and Maps updated.
- 26 Oct. 2020 (this page): Builds updated.
- 26 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 09 Oct. 2020 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 09 Oct. 2020 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 09 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 19 Sep. 2020 (this page): Builds updated.
- 19 Sep. 2020 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 19 Sep. 2020 (abilities page): Minor fixes.
- 30 Aug. 2020 (this page): Role in Current Meta section updated.
- 22 Jun. 2020 (talents page): Talent descriptions updated.
- 05 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent descriptions and recommendations updated.
- 15 Feb. 2020 (talents page): Talents reviewed following February 12 patch changes.
- 15 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added a note about current Anomaly.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (this page): Guide updated.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Talent builds and recommendations reviewed and updated.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Abilities section reviewed.
- 14 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Updated Radiance build.
- 28 Jun. 2017 (talents page): Reviewed assessments of Level 4 and Level 13 Talents.
- 29 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Well Met is now situational (was not recommended before).
- 27 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Updated page to include Talent discussions.
- 26 Apr. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for the Genji patch and moved to new format.
- 13 Jan. 2017 (this page): Guide updated.
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- Masters Clash Championship Recap: April 17-18
- Masters Clash Championship Schedule: April 17-18
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Masters Clash Championship Recap: April 10-11
- Tune in to Masters Clash Championship this Weekend: April 10-11
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Masters Clash Championship Recap: April 3-4
- Heroes of the Storm Tyrael
- Heroes of the Storm Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Malfurion
- Heroes of the Storm Falstad
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Valla
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer