FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
AcidSapphire

What class to choose?!

Hello there,

I am trying to find a character that suits me and 'till now i didn't find it..
I have a Paladin level 110, a Rogue, DH, Warrior and a Druid. I really enjoyed to play Prot. Paladin but i was overwhelmed with all the knowledge i need to know for raids.I have to say that this is the class that i played the most. I have to say that i usually play in weekends and sometimes in week days.
I enjoyed playing warrior in PVP but, that was it, nothing else..

Two days ago i just got my Druid level 110 and played as Feral (with the intention to play Resto or Guard 'cause i want to be a healer and/or a tank but i found the rotations a little off for me..)

Anyway, my question is, what should i play? I was thinking about a Disc Priest or a Ench/Resto Shaman or a Brew/Mist Monk. I just can't decide what i should play and unfortunately i have to level them from scratch..

Any advice ?

I really need a new perspective 'bout what i should play :)

Thanks!

There is no correct answer.

Every class has its strengths and weaknesses. It all boils down to where you feel comfortable. Usually it helps by not creating more classes and start grinding on one certain class.

But if it helps, here's my experience with other classes: 

I main Arms warrior and I have a Monk and Shaman DPS as alts. I don't enjoy them as much since they feel 'awkward' and weird when comparing them against my warrior. I didn't enjoy my warrior as much at first, but the more I got him geared the more I enjoyed playing it. I still have problems with my warrior, but I feel comfortable playing him.

I would recommend you give druid or paladin a try again, since they are both extremely versatile. If you're struggling with raids, try FatbossTV for guides since they explain a fight under 5 minutes (most of them). If you're having problem with rotations there are immense amount of guides for that as well. 

GL HF!

Sort of playing off what the person above me posted said, it sounds like you already found a class/spec combo you enjoy in prot pally. Raiding may seem overwhelming at first but especially for tanks there are typically fewer things you need to worry about than dps or heals, typically a tank swap and picking up adds, and that's about it. As noted there are tons of great youtube guides, fatboss is one of the big mainstays but I also found an individual called signsofkelani and his guides are pretty good too and many are tldr ones, much faster.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsxidPdmPXDlsS3rn7arJsA

Another thing to consider is a different type of endgame progression. Mythic plus progression is another way to get end game loots (minus tier set bonuses which can be strong). I have several guildies neat max ilvl and all they've done is mythic plus progression. In addition on most servers I found there are niche communities of rift runners and you make a lot of good friends too :D

From there is you are heck bound on a new spec/class one of the better ways to help you is to ask what did you like about prot pally? Most specs play very differently from eachother so if we can pin down what you find fun we can better recommend other specs.

What i enjoyed when playing Prot Pally was the fact that with the right talents i could get some nice DPS and be a very good tank. Plus, being able to heal myself or others was really nice. (In dungeons i had no problems with the mechanics; i loved doing m+; the raid/s mechanics got me confused, some of them not all :) )

The thing about raid fights is that they are scripted.  Either abilities happen at % health of the boss or are on timers.  The only way to learn these is repetition.  It may seem overwhelming or confusing at first, but as you do them repeatedly they become more and more mindless.  

Typically as a raid tank (as stated above) you have less mechanics to deal with than the dps/heals.  Taunt swaps and positioning are a majority of the mechanics you need to know, and on some fights positioning can be fluid.

As far as what to play? the only person that can tell you that is YOU.  Others can give information but in the end you are the one paying for the game and you are the one sitting in front of your computer.  In the end, play what you enjoy playing regardless of what others say.  If you can't enjoy the game then there's no point playing it anyways.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:49 PM, DeathsDesign said:

The thing about raid fights is that they are scripted.  Either abilities happen at % health of the boss or are on timers.  The only way to learn these is repetition.  It may seem overwhelming or confusing at first, but as you do them repeatedly they become more and more mindless.  

The sad truth. You could probably practise it enough to do some fights with your eyes closed. Ultraxion would have been so easy to do just from timing in your head.

• Like 1

Just echoing what's already been said: If you actually enjoy playing your Prot Paladin and healing/tanking is what you want to do it's quite obvious what you should play.

You won't find another tanking class where you have to know less of the game. Knowing raid mechanics is something you'll need regardless of class/spec, though, tanks doubly so, I'd say.

Find a guild willing to play with a guy who is actually learning the mechanics, and you should be great.

Edit: Whelp, didn't realise how old this thread was.

Edited by Weltenfeind
Idiocy.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Weltenfeind said:

Edit: Whelp, didn't realise how old this thread was.

At least you tried to help :p

On 8/27/2017 at 10:48 PM, AcidSapphire said:

Hello there,

I am trying to find a character that suits me and 'till now i didn't find it..
I have a Paladin level 110, a Rogue, DH, Warrior and a Druid. I really enjoyed to play Prot. Paladin but i was overwhelmed with all the knowledge i need to know for raids.I have to say that this is the class that i played the most. I have to say that i usually play in weekends and sometimes in week days.
I enjoyed playing warrior in PVP but, that was it, nothing else..

Two days ago i just got my Druid level 110 and played as Feral (with the intention to play Resto or Guard 'cause i want to be a healer and/or a tank but i found the rotations a little off for me..)

Anyway, my question is, what should i play? I was thinking about a Disc Priest or a Ench/Resto Shaman or a Brew/Mist Monk. I just can't decide what i should play and unfortunately i have to level them from scratch..

Any advice ?

I really need a new perspective 'bout what i should play :)

Thanks!

My recommendation is a disc priest! They seem like lots of fun to play, you are truly very helpful in every aspect, and the transmogs are beautiful. Though i have never rolled one, they seem like lots of fun.

1 hour ago, Maroldars said:

My recommendation is a disc priest! They seem like lots of fun to play, you are truly very helpful in every aspect, and the transmogs are beautiful. Though i have never rolled one, they seem like lots of fun.

Can't deny that Priests transmogs are beautiful.