FORUMS
Stan

First Look: Season 12

32932-patch-261-ptr-patch-notes-aug-30.j

Catch a glimpse of what to expect in Season 12. Read on for the details on Season rewards & Haedrig's Gift sets.

Season 12 will probably go live with Patch 2.6.1 that's currently tested on PTR. You can find the latest Patch 2.6.1 patch notes here.

Season 12 Splash Screen

0m9TJoA.jpg

New Cosmetic Rewards

• Fiacla-Géar Wings
  • Heaven Portrait
  • Chest & Gloves (Conqueror Set)

Sets granted by Haedrig's Gift in Season 12

• Barbarian - Immortal King's Call
  • Crusader - Seeker of the Light
  • Demon Hunter - Natalya's Vengeance
  • Monk - Uliana's Stratagem
  • Witch Doctor - Spirit of Arachyr
  • Wizard - Vyr's Amazing Arcana

Hyyyype!

Can't wait for S12, biggest patch since forever :D
Going back to Witch Doctor soley because they fixed Soul HarvestSoul Harvest so bosses can be done properly without loosing all stacks!

any ETA on when this will drop? After unlocking primal ancients I sorta began neglecting this season (Destiny 2 isn't helping). May need to hop back in. 

36 minutes ago, Tri said:

any ETA on when this will drop? After unlocking primal ancients I sorta began neglecting this season (Destiny 2 isn't helping). May need to hop back in. 

Season 11 went live 20th of July and usually last roughly 3 months so expect season 12 at the end of October.

1 hour ago, Arkpit said:

Season 11 went live 20th of July and usually last roughly 3 months so expect season 12 at the end of October.

ah good good, plenty of time left.

200_s.gif

2 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Fiacla-Géar Wings... Let the theories begin. I highly doubt Blizzard would release another character pack with the Druid, but who knows?

Well, a lot of people felt that Necro was a stupid move when there was Druid as an option that would at least bring something more different to the game instead of just another thing that summons things that are dead.

I absolutely love the Necro in Diablo 2 and he isn't bad in D3 now but I definitly think the Druid would add so much more diversity since there is no transformation of characters (not counting Wrath of the Berserker or Akkhan).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

Well, a lot of people felt that Necro was a stupid move when there was Druid as an option that would at least bring something more different to the game instead of just another thing that summons things that are dead.

I absolutely love the Necro in Diablo 2 and he isn't bad in D3 now but I definitly think the Druid would add so much more diversity since there is no transformation of characters (not counting Wrath of the Berserker or Akkhan).

I agree with both sides. However, the Necromancer is too iconic. Most people, myself included, assimilate Necromancers to Diablo, and vice-versa. When you say "Diablo" the very first thing I think of is the Necromancer. While the Barbarian has always been considered the "class mascot", the Necromancer is far more recognizable, in my opinion.

But I'd love to see the Druid in Diablo III, with awesome shape-shifting skills and buffs. Bring dat Carrion Worm and Heart of Wolverine back!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

But I'd love to see the Druid in Diablo III, with awesome shape-shifting skills and buffs. Bring dat Carrion Worm and Heart of Wolverine back!

Was never a fan of the Carrion Worm sadly, I was more on the Wind-druid team running with Hurricane and Tornados :D

38 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

Was never a fan of the Carrion Worm sadly, I was more on the Wind-druid team running with Hurricane and Tornados :D

Carrion Worm is one of those iconic abilities that was fun to use. I liked to use the Summoner Druid build just for the giggles. It was amusing to see the Carrion Worm making all those pixelated fissures on the ground near you, such a playful creature.

They borrowed the concept of a Familiar from the Druid in Diablo II to the Demon Hunter in Diablo III, but if they were to bring back the Druid, I'd love to see him having a pet build as well. With bears and carrion worms. =D

Edited by Valhalen

11 hours ago, Arkpit said:

Hype!

Can't wait for S12, biggest patch since forever :D
Going back to Witch Doctor solely because they fixed Soul HarvestSoul Harvest so bosses can be done properly without losing all stacks!

You are trolling, right?Right?!

3 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

What part of that would be trolling to you?

biggest patch since forever..... I mean they just added Necro with a really big patch with it.Just looked like you were trolling.

Edited by Bigcountry

1 minute ago, Bigcountry said:

biggest patch since forever.....

Necromancer was a DLC that didn't offer much for the rest of the classes and beyond that it's been nearly a year since there was a patch offer this many changes to items to balance the meta and offer more viability in builds.

So no, I'm not trolling, I think it was season 6 or so that had changes of this magnitude overall.

Just now, Arkpit said:

Necromancer was a DLC that didn't offer much for the rest of the classes and beyond that it's been nearly a year since there was a patch offer this many changes to items to balance the meta and offer more viability in builds.

So no, I'm not trolling, I think it was season 6 or so that had changes of this magnitude overall.

If you say so.I mean every season adds changes to items and spells all the time doesn't look that big a change to me.Maybe I am just burnt out on D3 and this doesn't get me excited anymore.Just hard for me to understand that anyone would be that excited about the same thing every couple months.also after looking at the patch notes from season 11 and it looks to me that there were more changes in that patch??

11 minutes ago, Bigcountry said:

If you say so.I mean every season adds changes to items and spells all the time doesn't look that big a change to me.Maybe I am just burnt out on D3 and this doesn't get me excited anymore.Just hard for me to understand that anyone would be that excited about the same thing every couple months.also after looking at the patch notes from season 11 and it looks to me that there were more changes in that patch??

Most of the changes though for next season offer diversity and sort of fixed "bad" builds that people used to like and some fixes, like the Soul Harvest one is a dealbreaker for us Witch Doctors in terms of gameplay that is amazing.

Last season most of the changes were environment and the focus on the DLC and for anyone who didn't buy the DLC there was basically no changes to the builds so everyone was playing the exact same things. Looking back at meta for the 4man teams it's been the same composition all the way since Season 7 sadly (With current season adding Necro ofc), so not a whole lot of diversity :/

14 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

Most of the changes though for next season offer diversity and sort of fixed "bad" builds that people used to like and some fixes, like the Soul Harvest one is a dealbreaker for us Witch Doctors in terms of gameplay that is amazing.

Last season most of the changes were environment and the focus on the DLC and for anyone who didn't buy the DLC there was basically no changes to the builds so everyone was playing the exact same things. Looking back at meta for the 4man teams it's been the same composition all the way since Season 7 sadly (With current season adding Necro ofc), so not a whole lot of diversity :/

Even Holy Shotgun is viable again. Thank you, 2.6.1.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2017 at 9:09 PM, Valhalen said:

Even Holy Shotgun is viable again. Thank you, 2.6.1.

Absolutely love this build so much. Crusader has so many amazing builds, just so happy they're not only going to have Blessed Hammer now.