FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
uconnfan34

Agony Stealth Nerf? (Affirmed)

i didn't mean to compare, i was saying that kitty is more complicated, then i'd place aff's meticulous play after it. i used to play kitty back in wotlk, it takes patience to say the least

That's when I played it too. smile.png

Stupid question but... how significant is this nerf?, I remember Ghada sayin that destro was better than affli single target, Does this make that difference more significant? Are we all playing destro now? lol

Stupid question but... how significant is this nerf?, I remember Ghada sayin that destro was better than affli single target, Does this make that difference more significant? Are we all playing destro now? lol

He is showing this in a Sim. Sim and real world are never the same. Even with the Aff nerf, I stand by Aff as the best DPS spec in Heroic SoO outside of the fights that clearly favor Desto or call for Destro uniqueness. 

These nerfs and buffs do nothing to change the inherently bad nature of how Destro plays. The very long CB cast time where so many things can go wrong, the need to plant and cast for all of their DPS or being forced to take KJC, the still fairly crappy scaling of the spec, and the over all crummy set bounces and CD that it has.

Also note that I'm looking at reliability over anything else. I would much rather do 300k DPS with a per fight swing of 10k over 500 pulls, then do 350k with a per fight swing of 75k over 500 pulls. I hate RNG. I hate it with all of my Irish passion. I hate it more than spiders, Hunny Boo-Boo, and Zag's effing troll racials put together. Doing high progression is more about consistency then anything else imo, with every pull you fix problems X Y and Z and you make sure that the problems A B and C from the last pull are never repeated. I want to push the boss phases at the same time, I want to kill the adds at the same time, I want to see things happen in the same manner every time so that we can focus on the problems that still do exists rather than guessing at what might happen next.

Aff offers a much less likelihood of things randomly going wrong than Destro does. Again, this is mostly because of the lack of movability that is built in to Destro and the fact that destro DS just kind of sucks.

It should also be noted though that all of this is subjective, nerfs and buffs come and go but what really matters is what spec you're best with. An amazing demo lock will do better as demo right now then they will as destro if they suck at destro. Nothing will compensate for your personal skill. Gear, buffs, etc. are a crutch. What will effect you and your raid the most is how you use these crutches.

15% nerf to Agony is about a 4-5% drop in overall damage for upper-tier Warlocks.  For mediocre to good Warlocks, the drop will be more around 2-4%. 

To clear something up, I wasn't mad about the nerf...in my opinion, it's completely warranted.  I'm just mad that these types of things don't come out when they go into effect.  Before I switched my reforge for Destruction yesterday, I was still doing ridiculous DPS as Affliction, especially on the opening of Dark Shaman where I was over 1M DPS every pull.  Pretty fun when I switched to Destruction, my opener was 1.3M, but I digress.  I may just be a better Destruction Warlock than I am an Affliction one. 

TL;DR: Affliction is fine, nerfs were warranted.  I just wish they'd tell us when these things go into effect.

In a weird way it kind of makes sense that UA would be our biggest damage source (at times), considering it is the special ability you learn just for picking Affliction at lvl 10.  In all honesty though, I didn't notice a huge change my performance last night... just Agony and UA being closer in damage done.  Our Brewmaster was none too happy though, as he didn't know about it until I mentioned the "stealth nerf" in Mumble, saying I had heard brews were hit too.  He opened his character panel to see he was at 85% instead of 90%.

Also...

STOP POSTING ABOUT STEALTH NERFS.  THEY DIDN'T HAPPEN!

I really feel this should go into your signature now :)

Well, as I said before, I can only apologize for defending Blizzard.  Knowing they just don't give a shit about letting us know what we're doing is far less comforting.  My trust in them is down to 0%.  Giving some bullshit reason like 'our changes haven't caught up to our patch notes' is on par with 'Warlocks using UVLS can be seen as an exploit.'  It's unreasonable and ridiculous.  I don't care about the nerf happening...I care about the way it was presented.  Feels like the fat dude who wants his stapler in Office Space.  Fire someone then tell them 3 days later...Blizz just keeps the stapler. 

I really feel this should go into your signature now smile.png

This.  Just embrace it.  No one here is gonna think less of ya or whatever - whether it be you just didn't see logs as others were, or simply because you were defending the company (something I myself had to stop doing between Panda's and Diablo 3).  Reading this thread already knowing that Agony was nerfed made it incredibly entertaining though:

EdCARUd.png

• Like 5

I love the game, but no one has ever said that Blizzard gave a crap about customers.  It hasn't, and won't.  The problem with slowly and secretly bleeding these changes out is that customers waste time, effort, and gold adapting to changes, only to find that they didn't have all the information and have to start over again.  Anyway, I appreciate all the work the brains do here (as frustrating as it can be), I certainly couldn't do it.

It's getting really annoying to play as a warlock.

meh, stupid changes like this do irritate me, but i will say...

Ive been playing this same warlock from the day i started playing wow back in vanilla. Ive seen all the changes and nerfs, and there have been some much worse than this. I have even gone so far as to say TWICE "fuck this im playing one of my other toons as my main"! Ultimately tho, I didn't I stuck through all of it. I loved reading the pages and pages of forums of people crying about nerfs and saying they were quitting and re-rolling.

Fact of the matter is, I love playing a warlock. No other class even comes close to the feeling of playing a warlock for me. Sure, some classes have abilities i love and that have saved my ass numerous time *cough* slowfall *cough*. In the end though, they are not warlocks...and i am a warlock haha.

I will keep playing this toon...as my main, until the day i stop playing WoW, regardless what nerf Blizzard throws at it, because quite frankly, i have been able to persevere and get the best possible DPS out of it and prove people wrong when they say how bad the nerf was.

The stuff that really pisses me off are the changes for PVP. I hate PVP, and i especially hate when my PVE suffers for some whiny asshats inability to PVP.

Edited by vaeevictiss

extremely.

edit:

always

4 out of 5 stars.

Why a star missing?  Because if Edward Norton would have been in that role, he would have insisted that the Hulk MAGICALLY being able to control being the Hulk would have somehow made sense, or maybe... ya know... would have tied in with the previous Hulk movie where he was clearly training himself at the end to do just that. /rant

Think of the constant stream of buffs/nerfs/alterations/changes/accusations of exploits/actual use of exploits as a reason never to play any other class because the 'lock always feels "fresh" and has playstyle changes.

The nerf to Agony did absolutely nothing to change gameplay, so I'm unsure as to how it feels annoying.  Perhaps you're playing the wrong class?

extremely.

edit:

always

qrI4fc1.gif

The BEST would be to watch him walk up and instead of turning into the Hulk, he pops Metamorphosis. 

Then the big flying centipede monster turns into a see-through crab and cuts the Warlock in half.  The crab then looks at the screen and goes 'u still really mad, locks?'

• Like 2

"Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 12h

@Chalz We worry the Affliction nerf isn't large enough, but we'll see how it goes. We try and err on the side of not over-nerfing."

I sure hope he's kidding.

"Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 12h

@Chalz We worry the Affliction nerf isn't large enough, but we'll see how it goes. We try and err on the side of not over-nerfing."

I sure hope he's kidding.

Don't you feel lucky now? ;)   It's disingenuous at best.   Anyways, this isn't really about the nerf, but providing information about it.

It just seems they should of reduced all 3 dots by 5% instead of Agony of 15%. It used to be really really bad to have Agony fall off. Now it's only sort-of bad.

I dont think the Agony Nerf was such a big deal afer all, but i did love Kaboozey's graphical recount of Zagam's reaction! Loved that meme. haha

•  

Annoying thing is. I passed on tier pieces since I already have 2 set for my affli. Now I see that I should play destro a bit mode and its bonuses are the other way around, 2set sux, 4 set is ok.

Also Affli had this cool niche in getting gear. I am raiding with fire mage and disc priest so we will all roll on the same items now :/