FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
uconnfan34

Agony Stealth Nerf? (Affirmed)

Fire mages still go for crit, no? and priest can use the cloth-spirit pieces (which fills some slots we could use the non-spirit gear for)...but still...welcome to sharing loot tables with others?

Edited by Rakupenda

The nerf to Agony did absolutely nothing to change gameplay, so I'm unsure as to how it feels annoying.  Perhaps you're playing the wrong class?

Pretty sure I'm playing the class I love, thank you for your concern.

It does not affect gameplay at all, but it seems we get the same shit with every Pandaria major patch, nerfs every week for the 3-4 first weeks of the patch.

Pretty sure I'm playing the class I love, thank you for your concern.

It does not affect gameplay at all, but it seems we get the same shit with every Pandaria major patch, nerfs every week for the 3-4 first weeks of the patch.

But then most of us still find ways to top meters.  The nerf to Agony was ABSOLUTELY warranted.  Being able to push over 1.5M DPS on 3 targets in an opener is retarded, and no one else could do that.  Now it's like 1.3M and we still wreck things.

Annoying thing is. I passed on tier pieces since I already have 2 set for my affli. Now I see that I should play destro a bit mode and its bonuses are the other way around, 2set sux, 4 set is ok.

Also Affli had this cool niche in getting gear. I am raiding with fire mage and disc priest so we will all roll on the same items now :/

My ten man team has 2 pallies, 2 priests, and one lock.  We're not a hardcore raiding guild (7/14N atm), so we don't focus on class diversity and buffs(we only miss crit buff), and we still get stuff done... but man! Getting tier gear is rough! Not to mention that damn PBI! Week 1 and 2 it drops SP and Ele get it respectively... hasn't dropped since and only gold rolls. /rant :)

But then most of us still find ways to top meters.  The nerf to Agony was ABSOLUTELY warranted.  Being able to push over 1.5M DPS on 3 targets in an opener is retarded, and no one else could do that.  Now it's like 1.3M and we still wreck things.

Of course I think Aff was overpowered, but I still think the class could use a bit more of stability. I am not complaining about our damage reduction, what I am complaining about is that they could polish us a bit more before releasing every major patch.

And what the hell, we should always be on the top part of the meters, nice customs should never be abolished :D

Comic =

4 out of 5 stars.

Why a star missing? My name. It done be spelled wrong. :(

Well played though, hilarium!

Of course I think Aff was overpowered, but I still think the class could use a bit more of stability. I am not complaining about our damage reduction, what I am complaining about is that they could polish us a bit more before releasing every major patch.

And what the hell, we should always be on the top part of the meters, nice customs should never be abolished biggrin.png

If only Blizzard had something where they could test things before they went live.  I'd think using that could avoid all of this 3-4 week 'tuning' that seemingly needs to be done...

I do not know, if I called it here on in the wow forums. But this is the same thing that happened in 5.3. They buffed dots prior to the release of the new patch and quickly nerf them back down in a couple of weeks after realizing what a horrible mistake they have done. 

If only Blizzard had something where they could test things before they went live.  I'd think using that could avoid all of this 3-4 week 'tuning' that seemingly needs to be done...

Or if maybe they'd make and adjustment and let it play out for a couple weeks before making more. You know. Sample size and all.

I really wish we had servers in which we could test content before it went live...

• Like 1

I really wish we had servers in which we could test content before it went live...

This guy gets my jokes.

Well, if they *did* have such a thing, it would only be used by high end raiders to learn the content without tipping their hand as to what they were going to do. ;)

Well, if they *did* have such a thing, it would only be used by high end raiders to learn the content without tipping their hand as to what they were going to do. wink.png

Well, I suppose they could have some tools to monitor those raiders' encounters. But that is only speculation, World of Warcraft will never be given that kind of servers.

Well, I suppose they could have some tools to monitor those raiders' encounters. But that is only speculation, World of Warcraft will never be given that kind of servers.

GM's commonly view the raid live. When I doing H ToT PTR we had a GM watch us on 3 different fights over 2 days. They even applied raid wide hot fixes to our encounter to test tuning as we requested it. It's laziness and blatant disregard of player feedback that results in such mismanaged content.

Per-round of PTR testing I send in about 2-4 bug reports and 1-3 PTR forum posts per fight. 70%+ of the bugs I report on PTR and still there in Live. This happens with me and at least 6 other top raiders I know, all different guilds, all different classes, all in the top 5-10 US.

Blizzard ignores us. Get used to it.

Unless you're Zag, then I guess they stalk you and then claim they came up with the numbers all on their own.

Blizzard ignores us. Get used to it.

Unless you're Zag, then I guess they stalk you and then claim they came up with the numbers all on their own.

Like I said, I have no proof they stole my numbers, but it sure did feel like it when they did 4 of my 5 fixes to Destruction and suddenly it's ok. 

Like I said, I have no proof they stole my numbers, but it sure did feel like it when they did 4 of my 5 fixes to Destruction and suddenly it's ok. 

What was the fifth?

I said in a post before the 5.4 notes that they'd need to do the following:

Incinerate +10-15%

Conflagrate +10-15%

Chaos Bolt +10-15%

Immolate +20%

Bake in 4pc T15 into class

They did all of it except Conflagrate with slightly different numbers.  They essentially made up for my proposed Conflag buff by baking it into Immolate and giving CB and Incin the 15% buff.

Well, as I said before, I can only apologize for defending Blizzard.  Knowing they just don't give a shit about letting us know what we're doing is far less comforting.  My trust in them is down to 0%.  Giving some bullshit reason like 'our changes haven't caught up to our patch notes' is on par with 'Warlocks using UVLS can be seen as an exploit.'  It's unreasonable and ridiculous.  I don't care about the nerf happening...I care about the way it was presented.  Feels like the fat dude who wants his stapler in Office Space.  Fire someone then tell them 3 days later...Blizz just keeps the stapler. 

Don't apologize for being on the receiving end of an abusive relationship.  

"Did I ever tell you how I got these scars?"

This nerf was basically for Sparkuggz types popping Lust, Zerking, double trink, dark soul, LMG, while having 14,000 haste stacked and getting almost 30 ticks of Agony compressed into nothing, with MG doubling the damage and spiking up to a gazillion DPS and trivializing certain gear check phases of heroic mode fights.

Thank you sir may I have another?

Anyone remember the 2.01 nerf? For about a week locks were a complete beast. BG's, and PVE. THen they nerfed Corruption to be weaker than it was before the buff.

I'll always remember that as the 12th day of Reckoning.  Logging in to see 'your shit does 12% less, bitch!' hurt.

Oh, right. That one, too. I cried a lot, but still somehow managed to top out in my guild. I went through a box of tissues every raid though.