NotYetRated

Elemental Haste Cap

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hey, quick question, is 39% haste overkill on elemental shammy or not?

Here is my armory https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/the-venture-co/storms. Only thing missing on the page is Leggings of Shaladrassil that I only recently equipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35% is ideal in my opinion. Looking at your armory, I would say you're in pretty good shape in the Crit/Haste Department. If I were you, I would focus on getting my Mastery above 40%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2017 at 10:03 PM, Chubbz said:

35% is ideal in my opinion. Looking at your armory, I would say you're in pretty good shape in the Crit/Haste Department. If I were you, I would focus on getting my Mastery above 40%.

AFAIK, this is not true for an ideal level of Haste. It's all based on ratios between stats for Ele. Haste is certainly the most advantageous (outside of using Icefury), but it continues to be even past 35%, assuming your other stats are also being raised in the same ratios. 

They are all listed here: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/elemental-shaman-pve-dps-stat-priority

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2017 at 1:56 PM, NotYetRated said:

Hey, quick question, is 39% haste overkill on elemental shammy or not?

 

On 10/27/2017 at 9:03 PM, Chubbz said:

35% is ideal in my opinion. Looking at your armory, I would say you're in pretty good shape in the Crit/Haste Department. If I were you, I would focus on getting my Mastery above 40%.

 

On 10/29/2017 at 5:26 PM, Blainie said:

AFAIK, this is not true for an ideal level of Haste. It's all based on ratios between stats for Ele. Haste is certainly the most advantageous (outside of using Icefury), but it continues to be even past 35%, assuming your other stats are also being raised in the same ratios. 

They are all listed here: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/elemental-shaman-pve-dps-stat-priority

Yea none of this is accurate.

Haste only gains significant value when you acquire the (best-in-slot) Gloves legendary - or on AoE.

If you don't have this, your stat priority is Crit >= Mastery -- backed up by simming your character. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/6m5uMxVuDK9zGmknMnLMvH

Based on your current armoury profile, your stat weights are:
Mastery - 21.24
Crit         - 21.17
Versa     - 17.84
Intellect - 16.40
Haste    - 14.77
Simmed with 10k iterations, on a 7 minute (420) second fight. Note there was no Crucible data available for your character, although this is largely negligible.

Haste is, in fact, your worst stat -- and I will bet money, will continue to sim low when you swap out your haste gear pieces.

(At time of Sim, you presently have 7533 Crit, 5109 Mastery, 11746 Haste, 3547 Versatility - which confirms my priority when taken with the simmed weights.)

Some context: back in Nighthold, the Smouldering Heart gloves did not exist, and we wanted as close to 0 haste rating as you could get (excluding trinkets) while using Ascendance/Icefury builds on single target. Nothing has changed since, other than some minor tweaking on Mastery to prevent capping. The only meaningful addition are the Gloves and T20 set bonus. The Gloves rely on haste to maximise output inside the proc window, while the T20 bonus also marginally increases haste due to increased Elemental pet uptime. This is where a lot of Haste's current value comes from - and until you get them, Haste will likely be weak for you on single target.

Edited by Platex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Platex said:

(At time of Sim, you presently have 7533 Crit, 5109 Mastery, 11746 Haste, 3547 Versatility - which confirms my priority when taken with the simmed weights.)

In an ideal world, an Ele Shaman will aim for a ratio of 1 Haste, 0.85 Crit, 0.8 Mastery and 0.4 Vers when using Ascendance. Currently the OP has this:

  • 1 Haste
  • 0.64132... Crit
  • 0.43495... Mastery
  • 0.30197... Versatility

This would mean that, from the targeted ratios, he currently is farthest away from the goal in the following order: Mastery, Crit, Versatility, Haste.

His ratios are completely out of balance and that's why his weights are M > C > V > H. As soon as he gets them in balance, H will become best again. Did you try raising the stats artificially when simming? To bring them into a perfect ratio balance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.