Elemental Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Elemental Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Elemental Shaman DPS stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Elemental Shaman
In Shadowlands, Intelligence is the most important stat. This means you should most of the time equip your highest item level gear and sim yourself from there for adjustments that will be specific to your gear.
Generic Stat Priority
- Critical Strike;
Currently in Shadowlands, Intelligence's value is even more than usual far above that of secondary stats, which means that item level will almost always trump any secondary stat combination. If non-jewelry gear is of higher item level, it is almost always going to be better. Moreover, secondary stats are at the moment fairly close in overall power and their relative value will almost entirely depend on your character.
The relative value of Critical Strike increases massively in multi-target scenarios, while it drops a lot when using Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence for single-target. If you are using this Legendary, prioritize Haste, then Versatility far above Mastery and Critical Strike.
For exact ratios, this will vary depending on your talents and other factors. To obtain the exact relative values for your character, we recommend simming your character.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Statistics Explanations for Elemental Shaman
Mastery, through Mastery: Elemental Overload, causes some of your spells to have an additional chance to deal additional damage and generate extra Maelstrom.
Haste increases the speed of your casts as well as the tick rate of your damage over time effects.
Critical Strike increases the damage of your spells.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
- 13 Mar. 2021: Updated stat priority for generic builds, along with adjustments for AoE and Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated Stat recommendations, added comment on the value of Intelligence.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Updated Stat recommendations to mention differences between single-target and multi-target. Adjusted the description of mastery to be clearer.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands release.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Lakeshire Recreated in Valheim
- Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes: April 7th
- Incredible 3D Realistic Renders of Female WoW Races
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 4: Shadow and Fire
- First One-off Official Dungeon Tournament: The Great Push
- Did Blizzard Remove the 30-Day Game Time Option to Fight Botting?
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta