Elemental Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Elemental Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Basics of Stats for Elemental Shaman
In Battle for Azeroth, Intelligence is the most important stat. This means you should most of the time equip your highest item level gear and sim yourself from there for adjustments that will be specific to your gear.
1.1. Generic Stat Priority
- Critical Strike;
For exact ratios, this will vary depending on your talents and other factors. For the Echo of the Elements / Master of the Elements / Icefury single-target build, you want 40% of your secondary stats as Versatility, 30% as Critical Strike, 20% as Haste and 10% as Mastery. So if you had a total of 1000 secondary stats on your gear, you would ideally have 400 Versatility, 300 Critical Strike, 200 Haste and 100 Mastery.
For exact relative values, as always, we recommend simming your character.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
2. Statistics Explanations for Elemental Shaman
Mastery, through Mastery: Elemental Overload, causes your spells to have an additional chance to deal additional damage and generate extra Maelstrom.
Haste increases the speed of your casts as well as the tick rate of your damage over time effects.
Critical Strike increases the damage of your spells.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 05 Mar. 2019: Added stat priority for the two commonly used builds, updated stat priority.
- 31 Jan. 2019: Updated stat priority.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Updated stat priority.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated stat priority for 8.1.
- 17 Aug. 2018: Added sentence to explain ratios more clearly.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- XP Off Boosting Nerf Clarification
- Patch 8.2 Heart of Azeroth Essence Guide
- Classic Stress Test 3 - Everyone from Americas and Oceania Gets Access!
- No More Level 110 Twink Boosting in Patch 8.2
- Sphere of Suppression - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Gathering Professions in Patch 8.2
- "Hunters" Machinima in Unreal Engine 4
- Azeroth's Undying Gift - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Fire Mage 8.1.5
- Who the best Healer PVE ?
- Essence Guide
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1.5
- Transmogrification - Warriors
- Feral, m+, wrath or bite