Elemental Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Elemental Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Elemental Shaman stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Elemental Shaman
In Dragonflight, Intelligence is the most important stat. This means you should most of the time equip your highest item level gear and sim yourself from there for adjustments that will be specific to your gear.
Note that in some extreme cases, stacking too much of one stat can lead to significant diminishing returns, beyond the usual relative values.
The relative value of Critical Strike increases massively in multi-target scenarios, while it drops a lot when using Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence for single-target.
For exact ratios, this will vary depending on your talents and other factors. To obtain the exact relative values for your character, we recommend simming your character.
Stat Priority for Single-target Fire Builds
- Critical Strike.
You should try to get Mastery on about every slot, Haste on most, Versatility on some and Critical Strike on none.
Stat Priority for Lightning Builds and Multi-target Fire Builds
- Critical Strike;
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Statistics Explanations for Elemental Shaman
Mastery, through Mastery: Elemental Overload, causes some of your spells to have an additional chance to deal additional damage and generate extra Maelstrom. Note that with Mountains Will Fall your Mastery will apply to your spenders, making Mastery massively more valuable.
Haste increases the speed of your casts as well as the tick rate of your damage-over-time effects.
Critical Strike increases the damage of your spells.
Versatility increases all damage done increase and reduces all damage taken.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Shaman Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- PvP Play with the Blues on the 10.1 PTR: March 31st
- Aberrus Raid Testing Schedule: March 30 - April 28
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 28th
- Upcoming 10.1 PTR Changes to Class Tier Sets: March 28th
- Dragonflight 10.1, Season 2 New and Removed Mythic+ Affixes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Development Notes, March 28th: Old Mythic+ Affixes Removed, New Ones Added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1