Elemental Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Elemental Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Elemental Shaman stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Elemental Shaman
In Shadowlands, Intelligence is the most important stat. This means you should most of the time equip your highest item level gear and sim yourself from there for adjustments that will be specific to your gear.
Generic Stat Priority
- Critical Strike;
Note that in some extreme cases, stacking too much of one stat can lead to significant diminishing returns, beyond the usual relative values.
The relative value of Critical Strike increases massively in multi-target scenarios, while it drops a lot when using Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence for single-target.
For exact ratios, this will vary depending on your talents and other factors. To obtain the exact relative values for your character, we recommend simming your character.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Statistics Explanations for Elemental Shaman
Mastery, through Mastery: Elemental Overload, causes some of your spells to have an additional chance to deal additional damage and generate extra Maelstrom.
Haste increases the speed of your casts as well as the tick rate of your damage over time effects.
Critical Strike increases the damage of your spells.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 07 Mar. 2022: Removed mentions of the now defunct "machine gun" build.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 13 Mar. 2021: Updated stat priority for generic builds, along with adjustments for AoE and Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated Stat recommendations, added comment on the value of Intelligence.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Updated Stat recommendations to mention differences between single-target and multi-target. Adjusted the description of mastery to be clearer.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands release.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Development Notes: June 22nd
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Closed Beta Now Live
- Halondrus Visuals Fixed, but Now the Ground Is Missing?
- What's Ahead for Wrath Classic (Developer Update)
- Putting a Plan Together Quest Currently Up on Live Servers
- Faction and Transfer Restrictions Lifted in Burning Crusade Classic
- Lil Ursoc Model and Emotes Preview
- Third Encrypted Dragonflight Alpha Build on WoW Dev Branch