Elemental Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Elemental Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Basics of Stats for Elemental Shaman
In Battle for Azeroth, Intelligence is the most important stat. This means you should most of the time equip your highest item level gear and sim yourself from there for adjustments that will be specific to your gear.
1.1. Generic Stat Priority
- Critical Strike;
For exact ratios, this will vary depending on your talents and other factors. For single target, you want 50% of your secondary stats as Critical Strike, 30% as Haste, and 10% as both Versatility and Mastery. So if you had a total of 1000 secondary stats on your gear, you would ideally have 500 Critical Strike, 300 Haste, 100 Critical Strike and 100 Mastery.
For AoE purposes, you want 60% of your secondary stats as Critical Strike, 20% as Haste and 10% as both Versatility and Mastery.
For exact relative values, as always, we recommend simming your character.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
2. Statistics Explanations for Elemental Shaman
Mastery, through Mastery: Elemental Overload, causes your spells to have an additional chance to deal additional damage and generate extra Maelstrom.
Haste increases the speed of your casts as well as the tick rate of your damage over time effects.
Critical Strike increases the damage of your spells.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated stat priority for 8.1.
- 17 Aug. 2018: Added sentence to explain ratios more clearly.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- New Store Fox Mount: Vulpine Familiar
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 12th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #31
- New Food in Patch 8.1
- Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22nd
- Item Level 385 Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip in Patch 8.1
- This Week in WoW: December 11th
- Patch 8.1: List of Known Issues
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 7.2
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Top 3 BfA addons must have
- 5 year absence (Oct. 2013) needs help getting back right. Holy/Ret
- Holy Paladin 8.0.1
- Feral Druid 8.0.1