Elemental Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Elemental Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Elemental Shaman DPS stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Elemental Shaman
In Battle for Azeroth, Intelligence is the most important stat. This means you should most of the time equip your highest item level gear and sim yourself from there for adjustments that will be specific to your gear.
Generic Stat Priority
- Critical Strike;
For exact ratios, this will vary depending on your talents and other factors. For the Echo of the Elements / Master of the Elements / Icefury single-target build, you want 30% of your secondary stats as Versatility, 30% as Critical Strike, 30% as Haste and 10% as Mastery. So if you had a total of 1000 secondary stats on your gear, you would ideally have 300 Versatility, 300 Critical Strike, 200 Haste and 100 Mastery.
For "funneling" purposes, you want 50% of your secondary stats as Haste, 30% as Versatility, 10% as Critical Strike and 10% as Mastery.
For exact relative values, as always, we recommend simming your character.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Statistics Explanations for Elemental Shaman
Mastery, through Mastery: Elemental Overload, causes your spells to have an additional chance to deal additional damage and generate extra Maelstrom.
Haste increases the speed of your casts as well as the tick rate of your damage over time effects.
Critical Strike increases the damage of your spells.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
- 13 Jan. 2020: Updated stat priority & ratios, added "funneling" stats.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 05 Mar. 2019: Added stat priority for the two commonly used builds, updated stat priority.
- 31 Jan. 2019: Updated stat priority.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Updated stat priority.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated stat priority for 8.1.
- 17 Aug. 2018: Added sentence to explain ratios more clearly.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Is Gamepad Support Coming to WoW in Shadowlands?
- Allied Races No Longer Require Exalted Reputation in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 33978
- Covenant Abilities Already Very Controversial in the WoW Community
- Hunter Stable Size Will Be Increased in WoW Shadowlands
- A New Leveling Experience Awaits in WoW Shadowlands
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: April 7th
- Bastion Zone and Kyrian Covenant In-dept Preview (Official)
- VuhDo - Private tank order
- ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide
- GM of a Guild.
- New disc looking for advice
- Monk Leveling Guide
- Class Order Halls - Resources and Advancements
- Elemental Shaman 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide