Elemental Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Elemental Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Elemental Shaman stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Elemental Shaman
In Dragonflight, Intelligence is the most important stat. This means you should most of the time equip your highest item level gear and sim yourself from there for adjustments that will be specific to your gear.
Note that in some extreme cases, stacking too much of one stat can lead to significant diminishing returns, beyond the usual relative values.
The relative value of Critical Strike increases massively in multi-target scenarios, while it drops a lot when using Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence for single-target.
For exact ratios, this will vary depending on your talents and other factors. To obtain the exact relative values for your character, we recommend simming your character.
Stat Priority for Single-target Fire Builds
- Critical Strike.
With Shaman Elemental 10.2 Class Set 4pc, you want to focus on nearing or reaching the soft Mastery cap of ～7200, to 88%, reaching 100% with Elemental Blast. Then you want to get a bunch of Haste, somewhat less Versatility, and as little Critical Strike as you can (you are forced to have at least 800-900 from T31 pieces).
Stat Priority for Single-target Lightning Builds and Multi-target Fire Builds
- Critical Strike;
Haste and Critical Strike are both massively stronger than Versatility and Mastery for Lightning Builds and AoE/Cleave in general. Get as much Haste and Critical Strike as you can.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority, and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Statistics Explanations for Elemental Shaman
Mastery, through Mastery: Elemental Overload, causes some of your spells to have an additional chance to deal additional damage and generate extra Maelstrom. Note that with Mountains Will Fall your Mastery will apply to your spenders, making Mastery massively more valuable.
Haste increases the speed of your casts as well as the tick rate of your damage-over-time effects.
Critical Strike increases the damage of your spells.
Versatility increases all damage done increase and reduces all damage taken.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated with the new stat priority for 10.2 builds.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 02 May 2023: Simplified into two main builds, added commentary.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1 and added priorities for builds using the T30 tier set.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players