LukSluneko

Askmrrobot telling me to reforge crit into mastery as fire

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I know that 4P T15N is supposed to be quite good for fire and generally thought I would keep it until I get 4P T16N, but I wanted to see if any of my available offpieces in bags were worth breaking the set and how big a difference it would make.

However, for some reason, when I use the "best in bags" feature of Askmrrobot, it starts telling me to reforge crit into haste/mastery. I can try manually overriding each of the pieces, but no matter what manual stat weigths I use or if I use the built in smart picker, the results are the same.

Current eq goes like this

currenteq.jpg

And AMR is telling me to go this way

bestinbags.jpg

Anyone have an idea why? Also, since normal crit levels are so much below heroic, does the rule about not breaking 4P T15 still apply?

Thanks

Are you sure that the right specialization was set in the options of AMR? You might have been in arcane spec when you used the AMR addon in game.

These reforges look like to be for arcane mages. :)

About breaking or not breaking the tier bonus, the AMR can easily gove specific information just for you if it is set up right.

Are you sure that the right specialization was set in the options of AMR? You might have been in arcane spec when you used the AMR addon in game.

These reforges look like to be for arcane mages. smile.png

That´s the thing - I haven´t touched on live since Cata, I´m fire all the way - it seemed to me like a bug, that´s why I was posting ;)

I can try it once again from scratch to see if the problem persists.

Ok, so I tried it from scratch on another computer with the same results - even if my spec is fire both in game and on AMR and using default stat weights, AMR disregards them and reforges me out of crit. If I manually override the suggested reforges, the DPS estimate goes higher. I am quite sure that this is a bug in the "best in bags" optimization script.

Hey, I answered your question over on the AskMrRobot forums but I thought I would add the answer here as well in case anyone else was wondering.

There is a high likelihood that you have Fire set as your offspec on AskMrRobot.

Here's an example of what this looks like with my Monk (Brewmaster main, Windwalker off):

suIGXfp.png
^Main Spec

ewgeYt4.png
^Off Spec

The Main/Off toggle to the right of that image is what you need to toggle - I bet for your Fire spec it is set to offspec. Note the Primary/Secondary bit is just the order you chose those specs in-game.

The reason this is causing all of your gear to be reforged to Haste/Mastery is because Best-In-Bags works by reforging/gemming/enchanting all of your gear for your main spec (either Arcane or Frost) and then reusing those gear pieces as they are, as well as anything else available in your bag, to find the best spec for your offspec without modifying anything used for your main spec.
  • Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Moonsugar
      My damage is low in mythic tos so I've switched to the more preferred spec of firestarter and kindling for some bosses. I have the Pyro bracers and the belt. Desperate to improve my damage. 
      Questions. 
      1.Should I use the bracer proc below 30 percent when I'm in the belt execute phase?
      2. Should I be waiting for Incanter's flow to be on five before using combustion (a bit like that old rogue ability (bandit's guile?)) or is it bad to wait?
      3. Should I be using conflag on fights where I have to switch target like Harjatan? 
      4. How do you deal with having to cancel a long pyro in movement fights?
      Any other advice on my spec/gearing/logs is welcome x 
      wowlogs link

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, PUBG, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: 
      Stjern#2802 or Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 930~ ilvl
      - 62+ traits.
      - 6/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood/Unholy.
      Warrior: Arms.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Druid: Guardian.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Mage: Frost/Fire.
      Rogue: Assassination/Subtlety.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Warlock: Affliction/Destruction.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By capimeista
      hello everyone,
      i feel like im doing way to low dmg in my hc raids could some of you take a look at my logs and see if im doing something wrong.
      i already know my legendary ice time isnt the best but i dont have another.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dXFRr843LvBVNTpk/#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=5
      my thanks.
    • By zenek64
      Hi, I have a problem with my frost mage. I'm pissed, because  I really don't know how  I can improve my dps. I know the rotation, I've watched many guides and my dps is still low. 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/porandohito
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/porandohito