Stan

Patch 7.3.2 Legion Legendary Items Guide

Sign in to follow this  

38 posts in this topic

vdxnXyk.jpg

In Patch 7.3.2, Legendary items can be upgraded to item level 1,000. Blizzard also added Legendary tokens and a ring that empowers traits from the Netherlight Crucible.

Upgrading Legendary Items

In Patch 7.3.2 Legendary items can be upgraded to item level 1,000. The Cursed Shard quest is started by looting Cursed ShardCursed Shard. The item has a variety of sources. It can drop in LFR or you can get it by doing the first Random Heroic Dungeon of the day. Once you bring it to Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran, you will get 10 Wakening Essences. Collect 50 Wakening Essences to get Awoken Titan EssenceAwoken Titan Essence and upgrade a Legendary item to 1,000.

Sources

The Kirin Tor emissary bag did not reward any essences on PTR, but this can be random and needs further confirmation. Maybe they can only be collected from Argus faction bags. Antorus bosses drop a random amount of essences. Garothi Worldbreaker dropped 4 in LFR.

Source Amount Status
Mythic Order Hall Cache (Once a week) 20 Wakening Essences Confirmed
Antorus Bosses (Each boss) Wakening Essences (LFR 1st Boss) Confirmed
Emissary Bag (Complete 5 World Quests) Wakening Essences Amount TBA
First Random Heroic Dungeon (Once a day) Wakening Essences Confirmed

Weekly PvP Quests (2v2, 3v3, 10v10)

Wakening Essences Amount TBA
Cursed ShardCursed Shard (The Cursed Shard quest / one-time-only) 10 Wakening Essences Confirmed

New Legendary Items

Two Legendary item will be added in Patch 7.3.2. The legendary ring will be available to players that defeat Argus the Unmaker on Normal difficulty or higher and the trinket is a drop from Argus the Unmaker. The ring's affix increases the effects of Light and Shadow powers from the Netherlight Crucible by 50%. You can find more information in our Netherlight Crucible guide.

Recently, Blizzard updated one of the Path of the Titans trinkets (Aman'Thul's WisdomAman'Thul's Vision) to item level 1,000 and now it is a Legendary item that does not count toward the 2 Legendary cap. Path of the Titans trinkets can be upgraded with Pantheon's BlessingPantheon's Blessing up to item level 1,000, so we're not sure yet, if all trinkets will be of Legendary quality after upgrading them to the maximum item level. More information can be found here.

Item Effect Source
Aman'Thul's WisdomAman'Thul's Vision
Approximately 1.4 procs per minute

Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant you 6,716 Speed, Avoidance, and Leech for 12 sec.

Aman'Thul's Grandeur
When empowered by the Pantheon, your Intellect is increased by 6,700 for 15 sec.

Drops from Argus the Unmaker. The item is not listed in the standard Legendary loot tables.
Insignia of the Grand ArmyInsignia of the Grand Army Increase the effects of Light and Shadow powers granted by the Netherlight Crucible by 50%. The Death of a Titan (Quest) - Defeat Argus the Unmaker on Normal difficulty or higher.

Legendary Tokens

Patch 7.3.2 adds new Legendary tokens to help keep gameplay on your main rewarding. Legendary tokens will start dropping when you collect ALL Legendary items on your class, in other words, on your main. Collecting ALL Legendary items designated for a single specialization won't suffice. Legendary tokens are BoA, so they can be sent to your alts (even when they are on a different realm). Use them to discover a random Legendary item.

Class Item Effect
Death Knight Bone-Wrought Coffer of the DamnedBone-Wrought Coffer of the Damned Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Demon Hunter Demonslayer's Soul-Sealed SatchelDemonslayer's Soul-Sealed Satchel Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Druid Living Root-Bound CacheLiving Root-Bound Cache Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Hunter Deepwood Ranger's QuiverDeepwood Ranger's Quiver Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Mage Spell-Secured Pocket of Infinite DepthsSpell-Secured Pocket of Infinite Depths Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Monk Hand-Carved Jade PuzzleboxHand-Carved Jade Puzzlebox Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Paladin Light-Bound ReliquaryLight-Bound Reliquary Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Priest Coffer of Twin FaithsCoffer of Twin Faiths Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Rogue Hollow Skeleton KeyHollow Skeleton Key Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Shaman Giant Elemental's Closed Stone FistGiant Elemental's Closed Stone Fist Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Warlock Pocket Keystone to Abandoned WorldPocket Keystone to Abandoned World Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary
Warrior Stalwart Champion's War ChestStalwart Champion's War Chest Identify LegendaryIdentify Legendary

FAQ

• You can start collecting Wakening Essences right away when Antorus opens. You don't need to loot Cursed ShardCursed Shard or accept any quests first.
  • All Legendary items that drop after Antorus opens will have item level 1,000.
  • All crafted Legendary items will be of item level 1,000 by default when Antorus opens.
  • Awoken Titan EssenceAwoken Titan Essence is used to upgrade a single Legendary item to item level 1,000. You need to collect more Wakening Essences in order to upgrade additional Legendary items.
  • Legendary tokens won't drop unless you collect ALL legendary items on your class.
  • Blizzard mentioned in the latest Q/A that the team is closely monitoring the drop rate of Legendary items. Two legendaries are a standard for raiding, so they may increase the drop rate of the first few Legendary items on a character.
  • At the moment, Blizzard has no plans to increase the Legendary item cap to 3.

If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments.

• Like 1

All legendary items for a class? So not only will I need to start playing disc, I will need to get all disc legendaries?

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You can change loot spec without playing disc.

I am more curious as to how the tokens "transform". Let's say I have all legendaries for my DH and a token just dropped. Will it be a random class token that never changes or wIll it be a DH token that automatically changes into a DK token when I mail it to my DK alt?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, idiotix said:

You can change loot spec without playing disc.

It will still take forever though, especially with all-class/all-spec legendaries pushing down the drop rate. :(

5 minutes ago, idiotix said:

Let's say I have all legendaries for my DH and a token just dropped. Will it be a random class token that never changes or wIll it be a DH token that automatically changes into a DK token when I mail it to my DK alt?

My understanding is that it's the former.

Edited by Ashiraya
  • Sad 1

The tokens are really pointless to work towards to, don't bother. They are for people who already have a main that has all legendaries for their class.

If you have an alt you really want legendaries for, you would be better served by just playing that alt directly.

• Like 2

Ouch..that seems kind of counter-intuitive, giving players a semblance of control through a random token...
Oh well, I suppose I don't have to worry about it, coz my main is a druid (4 specs to go through)  lolz~

3 hours ago, idiotix said:

Ouch..that seems kind of counter-intuitive, giving players a semblance of control through a random token...
Oh well, I suppose I don't have to worry about it, coz my main is a druid (4 specs to go through)  lolz~

Its not designed for that. Its literally just a way for players who have maintained the same main for the entire expansion to still get legendary rewards for playing without feeling like their time is wasted on their main.

• Thanks 1

By the way, you don't even have to change your loot spec to receive legendaries of the other specs. Once you have received all the legendaries in one spec, the others begin dropping at random whether you want it or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So another shit addition to an already shit system. Marvelous.

I care much more about most alt legendaries than I do the legendaries for my never-played specs such as tank.

• Sad 1

Great news about essence, it will easy to farm it and boost that 2-3 legendaries what is the most important for raiding.

About tokens.. this is ridicoulos. I play on my new account since august, i have 450 hrs played gametime on my main warlock, what is i think a lot, and still don't have all legendaries for my main affliction spec after i do all emissary, clearing every week all actual and old content. So really?! I'm really hope this is not a final concept. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, cloudy09 said:

When i have all leggys for my Monk will then the tokens drop randomly for different classes on my monk?

I think it will use a smart system to determine alt classes on your account.

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think it will use a smart system to determine alt classes on your account.

Or it will be like the unsullied tokens, and give you shit you may not ever need :P

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AfflictionMurlock said:

Or it will be like the unsullied tokens, and give you shit you may not ever need :P

Lol, can't even imagine that. You get this token for a class you don't even have. You level it up only to find out that you got a bad utility Legendary :D.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Lol, can't even imagine that. You get this token for a class you don't even have. You level it up only to find out that you got a bad utility Legendary :D.

Knowing Blizzard, that is very much something they would do. xD

• Haha 1

Why so much hate for the legendary tokens?
I barely do anything and already have one legendary left to get on my main, those tokens are also still not coming right now. I get a legendary every ~1,5 weeks, which means I am gonna be more then ready to get the rest even before antorus...and as said, I am doing MUCH less than I SHOULD be doing, considering trying to get better in myth progress.
When it comes to "now I need to play [other specc] to get the rest".....no you don't.
You don't even need to change your lootspecc. When you have all legendaries for one specc, you just get the other specc legendaries when a new one drops, happened multiple times now.
(e.g. outlaw back and bracers when specced and lootspecced subtlety)

They are adding a feature to give your twinks legendaries...and there's still people complaining...

32 minutes ago, Suoson said:

I barely do anything and already have one legendary left to get on my main, those tokens are also still not coming right now. I get a legendary every ~1,5 weeks, which means I am gonna be more then ready to get the rest even before antorus...and as said, I am doing MUCH less than I SHOULD be doing, considering trying to get better in myth progress.
When it comes to "now I need to play [other specc] to get the rest".....no you don't.
You don't even need to change your lootspecc. When you have all legendaries for one specc, you just get the other specc legendaries when a new one drops, happened multiple times now.

They are adding a feature to give your twinks legendaries...and there's still people complaining...

People are complaining because you MUST HAVE ALL LEGENDARIES FOR YOUR CLASS before these tokens will ever start dropping, which in my opinion, is a terrible idea. Just let them drop randomly like Unsullied tokens, albeit, at a MUCH lower rate. Problem fixed. Why Blizzard has to make everything as frustrating as possible is beyond me...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Suoson said:

We complain because they do not fix the alt/new/returning player legendaries problem , it fixes a problem that doesn't even exist. A guy that has every single legendary on a character like you do is already playing a ton of hours so he won't really care that he needs to farm 2 legendaries to have another alt ready for raiding. A new/returning or casual player with alts though still needs to play RNG catch up with other raid members that already have their BIS legendaries while he doesn't have the time to farm on the side. Imagine i want to get back raiding in Legion and i have a generic legendary like sephuz while everyone else that was active has propably both BIS legendaries, i will never get a raiding spot until i farm and pray to RNG that i get my BIS and be able to match the dps of the other players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suoson said:

I get a legendary every ~1,5 weeks, which means I am gonna be more then ready to get the rest even before antorus...

I clean every raid on normal and heroic difficult every week (sometimes even LFR), do the dungeon world tour, a lot of WQs and some Mythic + runs, and I get one legendary per month if I'm lucky. 

This RNG garbage needs to go, and I hope this system won't be on the next expansion. 

25 minutes ago, Syktris said:

I clean every raid on normal and heroic difficult every week (sometimes even LFR), do the dungeon world tour, a lot of WQs and some Mythic + runs, and I get one legendary per month if I'm lucky. 

This RNG garbage needs to go, and I hope this system won't be on the next expansion. 

Are you also killing argus rares like a maniac?

2 hours ago, Suoson said:

(Are you a rogue, or was that just a random example?)

The hate is because as-is those tokens are completely unneeded. People have been asking for some way of catch-up for legendaries (and rightly so) so newer players could get into the game and compete more easily with those who have played 24/7 since the beginning of expansion, or to make rerolling/re-speccing less punishing.

Instead they ignore that completely and give more stuff to the 1% who definitely does not need more.

They wanted to massively increase the drop rate for the first two legendaries for a character and that's a step in the right direction if it makes both legendaries show up within the first week at 110, but that completely ignores the fact 95% of legendaries for your class suck compared to your BiS. Get unlucky with two bad legendaries? Better bring out your wallet and pay $60 for a 100 boost so you can quickly reroll that character and get it back to 110 and hope that one gets better legendaries, because every moment you spend more without your BiS is wasted. But maybe that's what they want.

Instead of recognizing the problem with legendaries they just keep giving more and more additions that only really benefit those who have already been lucky to begin with. Remember spec-specific BLP? Oh you got Prydaz and Roots as your first two legendaries? Well too bad, your BLP is shot for all specs. Got your two BiS spec-specific legendaries as your first two? Congrats, now you also get to have your first two legendaries for your off-specs easier.

Edited by Ammako
  • Like 1

It would make more sense if legendary tokens started dropping when you already collected them all in one spec. That way if you did have them all for that spec, you'll still have a chance to get a legendary item for other specs or classes you play regularly especially when you need to keep your loot specialization set for a boss's item that can only drop for that spec (such as a trinket for dps spec vs healing trinks vs tank trinks). As it stands now, it's a slap in the face for the token system players have asked for since the inception of legendary items, including me. This is very disappointing and I hope everyone will take the time to let Blizzard know, civilly. 

• Like 1