FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.3.2 Legion Legendary Items Guide

2 hours ago, Suoson said:

Are you also killing argus rares like a maniac?

Every day, doing all Invasions too.

1 hour ago, Ammako said:

They wanted to massively increase the drop rate for the first two legendaries for a character and that's a step in the right direction if it makes both legendaries show up within the first week at 110, but that completely ignores the fact 95% of legendaries for your class suck compared to your BiS.

I don't think buffing the drop rate for the first two legendaries is a step in any direction.  It's not hard to get your first two legendaries.  The first one usually comes within the first day or two of hitting 110 and then the 2nd depending on playtime usually comes within the following week or two.  Where they need to buff drop rates is all the following legendaries, because that's where the Tier 1 and Tier 2 legendaries usually drop.  

1 hour ago, Ammako said:

The hate is because as-is those tokens are completely unneeded. People have been asking for some way of catch-up for legendaries (and rightly so) so newer players could get into the game and compete more easily with those who have played 24/7 since the beginning of expansion, or to make rerolling/re-speccing less punishing.

Exactly.  People want a way to catch up on their alt or alt-spec not a chance to get some random class token after farming all the legendaries.

4 hours ago, Suoson said:

(e.g. outlaw back and bracers when specced and lootspecced subtlety)

They are adding a feature to give your twinks legendaries...and there's still people complaining...

As @Ammako stated... Are you a rogue?  Because if you are then you're going to get all of your legendaries a long time before other classes.

People don't want legendaries for their twinks.... They want legendaries for their max level characters that they play so they don't get burned out on their main class.  

I believe it was @Ammako who stated in a different forum thread that Rogues have 19 (the lowest) total class legendaries, while Druids have 32 (the highest).  And you wonder why people are complaining?

Here's an example.  My original main was my DH (20 total legendaries for the class), who has 8 or 9 legendaries currently, I then swapped to my hunter for a short time to add some ranged to our raid group (we had like 1 mage, 1 spriest, 1 lock, and 1 ele shaman out of 18 people), well after ToS came out we lost our Off-Tank so I started working on my guardian druid (who at the time was already 912 ilvl) (also I perform better as a tank than a dps) who currently after having been a tank for all but the first four weeks of ToS still only has about 5 or 6 legendaries total.  DH - 12 more legendaries to go, Hunter - no clue how many more but it's a lot, Druid about 26 legendaries left to obtain.  And you wonder why people are complaining.  The tokens only benefit the no-life/always lucky/get two legendaries in the same day players that dont' even need the tokens because they don't have the alts to use them and won't because they typically (not always) don't switch classes for any reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Matthyas said:

It would make more sense if legendary tokens started dropping when you already collected them all in one spec. That way if you did have them all for that spec, you'll still have a chance to get a legendary item for other specs or classes you play regularly especially when you need to keep your loot specialization set for a boss's item that can only drop for that spec (such as a trinket for dps spec vs healing trinks vs tank trinks). As it stands now, it's a slap in the face for the token system players have asked for since the inception of legendary items, including me. This is very disappointing and I hope everyone will take the time to let Blizzard know, civilly. 

Imagin being a druid (4 specs) and only playing resto or guardian besides alts.

1 hour ago, Matthyas said:

It would make more sense if legendary tokens started dropping when you already collected them all in one spec. That way if you did have them all for that spec, you'll still have a chance to get a legendary item for other specs or classes you play regularly especially when you need to keep your loot specialization set for a boss's item that can only drop for that spec (such as a trinket for dps spec vs healing trinks vs tank trinks). As it stands now, it's a slap in the face for the token system players have asked for since the inception of legendary items, including me. This is very disappointing and I hope everyone will take the time to let Blizzard know, civilly. 

I agree with you, some specs are so diferent, that you may no enjoy play them, as an example, i don't enjoy playing caster, so, with my druid, is usless any of the moonking gear. If you ask me, I would simply replace any legy drop with this tokens, and then, you can decide what do you want to get. I would love to se somethin like the "discovery" mechanic from heartstone when you open/use some of this items, thas would be great

23 hours ago, silot said:

i will never get a raiding spot until i farm and pray to RNG that i get my BIS and be able to match the dps of the other players.

I hate to say it but your RL isn't who I'd want to raid with either.

If you can play your class and follow mechanics, you should still be able to do what DPS needs done for any raid encounter even without Xspecific legendary.  IF you're otherwise geared and capable that is.  

If you're talking Mythic Progression I guess that's different, but we run a very casual Heroic Progression each tier, and as long as you're putting out the recommended numbers with recommended ilvl for STA for encounters, we dont do gear checks.  It shouldn't matter.  

We're still about #7 on the server.  Maybe your guild is higher ranked?

On 9.10.2017 at 7:37 PM, DeathsDesign said:

Here's an example.  My original main was my DH (20 total legendaries for the class), who has 8 or 9 legendaries currently, I then swapped to my hunter for a short time to add some ranged to our raid group (we had like 1 mage, 1 spriest, 1 lock, and 1 ele shaman out of 18 people), well after ToS came out we lost our Off-Tank so I started working on my guardian druid (who at the time was already 912 ilvl) (also I perform better as a tank than a dps) who currently after having been a tank for all but the first four weeks of ToS still only has about 5 or 6 legendaries total.  DH - 12 more legendaries to go, Hunter - no clue how many more but it's a lot, Druid about 26 legendaries left to obtain.  And you wonder why people are complaining.  The tokens only benefit the no-life/always lucky/get two legendaries in the same day players that dont' even need the tokens because they don't have the alts to use them and won't because they typically (not always) don't switch classes for any reason.

Interesting.. I did not take this into my thoughts, thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Man all Legendaries on one main class specs. I haven't got more than 2 on any of my characters till now. Some don't have any. 

On 10/9/2017 at 5:48 AM, Suoson said:

I barely do anything and already have one legendary left to get on my main, those tokens are also still not coming right now. I get a legendary every ~1,5 weeks

I play everyday and I don't even have all the legendaries. The only ones I dont have are the 7 blood specific ones. I get a one every 4 to 6 weeks. I do all the raids as well  as mythics, and emmasaries and the rares on argus daily, So I would really love to know how you are getting one every 1.5 weeks when you barely play???? Also you said alts are twinks? A twink is an overpowered low level toon with really awesome gear. I have 11 alts and trust me when i say..they are not twinks at 110th level and no awesome gear.

15 hours ago, Beamrgurl said:

I play everyday and I don't even have all the legendaries. The only ones I dont have are the 7 blood specific ones. I get a one every 4 to 6 weeks. I do all the raids as well  as mythics, and emmasaries and the rares on argus daily, So I would really love to know how you are getting one every 1.5 weeks when you barely play???? Also you said alts are twinks? A twink is an overpowered low level toon with really awesome gear. I have 11 alts and trust me when i say..they are not twinks at 110th level and no awesome gear.

Don't know where you are getting that definition for twink from O.o
oh well, found it. Might have used the term wrongly all the time then. But seriously, in the german realm....alt and twink seem to be considered the same. Everyone says Twink when speaking of alts. Funny.

And as I said, I killed almost all legion rares every day. and when it was still a thing, I grinded up cache res on the shore. 4 leggies out of the caches.
Besides that..I'm just playing, what can I say, maybe I have alot more luck, maybe it's the rares having a higher chance or stacking the timer..even though I've heard they don't.

Edited by Suoson

The legendary token is kind of confusing. They added a token for people who dont play alts to get legendaries for characters that they wont play. Seems like a waste of time for the amount of players its likely to effect.

4 hours ago, breck said:

The legendary token is kind of confusing. They added a token for people who dont play alts to get legendaries for characters that they wont play. Seems like a waste of time for the amount of players its likely to effect.

Yeah, it does seem pretty backward. It's also not even for people that have it for every spec - it's for the entire class, every spec. You have to be pretty dedicated to the class to achieve that.

hi i have demon hunter i have like 300 Wakening Essence and i turn in titanic efford and how and where i can upgrade my legendaryes also i have equiped 2 legendaries lvl 1000 on my char what i can do now when i collect 1000 Wakening Essence? someone help me and give me answer tnx

Add Reply