Oxygen

BlizzCon 2017 - Alexstrasza Abilities and Talents

17 posts in this topic

iHvvxAg.jpg?1

Alexstrasza's abilities and talents have been revealed (and we have them all for you!). The hero is slated to be available to players on November 13.

Abilities

[D] (Trait) Dragonqueen (150-second cooldown): After 1.25 seconds, transform into a dragon and gain 500 Health. While Dragonqueen is active, Alexstrasza's Abilities are empowered, and her Basic Attacks deal 143 damage and heal allied Heroes for 43 in an arc in front of her. Additionally, the duration of incoming Stuns, Roots, Slows, and Blinds is reduced by 50%. Lasts 15 seconds.

[Q] Gift of Life (8-second cooldown): Sacrifice 15% of Alexstrasza's current Health, healing an ally for 150% of that amount. Dragonqueen: Breath of Life Cooldown greatly reduced and does not cost Health.

gift-of-life.jpg

[W] Abundance (16-second cooldown): Plant a seed of healing that blooms after 3 seconds, healing nearby allied Heroes for 20% of their maximum Health. Dragonqueen: Preservation Heal area and amount greatly increased.

abundance.jpg

[E] Flame Buffet (2-second cooldown): Launch a fireball, Burning enemies hit for 75 damage over 5.5 seconds. Hitting enemies that are already Burning deals 125 bonus damage upon impact, Slows them by 40% decaying over 2 seconds, and refunds the Mana cost. Dragonqueen: Wing Buffet Damage and Knockback enemies in an arc.

flame-buffet.jpg

[R1] Life-Binder (80-second cooldown): Bind Alexstrasa's life force with an allied Hero. After 2 seconds, the Hero with a lower percentage of Health is set to the same Health percentage as the other Hero.

life-binder.jpg

[R2] Cleansing Flame (80-second cooldown): After 1.25 seconds, take to the sky and drop 5 fireballs over 6 seconds at the position of the mouse cursor. Fireballs deal 150 damage to enemies and heal allied Heroes for 300 Health. 2 seconds after dropping all fireballs, Alexstrasza lands at the position of the mouse cursor.

cleansing-flame.jpg

Talents

Level 1

• Live and Let Live: While Alexstrasza is above 75% health, Gift of Life's cooldown recharges 100% faster.
  • Circle of Life (Quest): Collect Regeneration Globes. Reward: After collecting 15 Regeneration Globes, Abudance heals for an additonal 5% maximum health. Reward: After collecting 25, Abudence's healing burst creates a Regeneration Globe.
  • Flames of Fury (Quest): Hit 20 burning heroes with Flame Buffet. Reward: Hitting a burning hero with Flame Buffet reduces Dragonqueen's cooldown by 5 seconds.

Level 4

• Surge of Vitality: Abundance also grants allied Heroes 30% movement speed for 3 seconds. Increase Flame Buffet's initial slow from 40% to 60%.
  • Exuberance: While Alexstrasza is above 75% health, gain 15% movement speed.
  • Life Blossom: While Alexstrasza is above 75% health, Gift of Life creates a Life Blossom at target's location. She can collect the Life Blossom to make her next Gift of Life cost no health.

Level 7

• Burdened Flourish: Alexstrasza received 30% more healing from Abundance and 100% more healing from Regeneration Globes. Hitting a burning hero with Flame Buffet heals Alexstrasza for 10% of maximum health.
  • [Name Unknown] (60-second cooldown): Activate to reduce an enemy hero's damage by 50% for 3 seconds. Healing a stunned, rooted or silenced allied hero reduces the cooldown of this ability by 30 seconds.
  • Life Unbound (Active, 90-second cooldown): Activate to heal an allied hero for 15% of their maximum health and deal X damage to nearby enemies. Healing a stunned, rooted or silenced ally reduces the cooldown of this ability by 30 seconds. Cannot be used on self.

Level 10

• [R1] Life-Binder (80-second cooldown): Bind Alexstrasa's life force with an allied Hero. After 2 seconds, the Hero with a lower percentage of Health is set to the same Health percentage as the other Hero.
  • [R2] Cleansing Flame (80-second cooldown): After 1.25 seconds, take to the sky and drop 5 fireballs over 6 seconds at the position of the mouse cursor. Fireballs deal 150 damage to enemies and heal allied Heroes for 300 Health. 2 seconds after dropping all fireballs, Alexstrasza lands at the position of the mouse cursor.

Level 13

• Dragon Scales: Gain 30 armor while stunned, silenced or rooted, and for 2 seconds afterwards.
  • Tough Love: While Alexstrasza is above 75% health, Gift of Life grants its target 20 armor for 2 seconds.
  • [Name Unknown]: Heroes healed by Abundance gain a shield that is equal to 60% of the amount healed.

Level 16

• Draconic Discipline: Increase Dragonqueen's duration by 9 seconds.
  • Ritual of Life: Life Binder activates 3 times over 6 seconds.
  • [Unknown]

Level 20

• Ruby Wings: Healing or damaging heroes 8 or more times with Cleansing Flame activates Dragonqueen upon landing.
  • [Name Unknown]: While Dragonqueen is active, Alexstrasza's basic attacks apply Flame Buffet, but her attack speed is reduced by 25%.
  • Blessing of the Red (Active, 40-second cooldown): Grant an allied hero 500 health until they die. Cannot be used on self, or on a hero who already has Blessing of the Red.

Stay tuned for my hands-on Alextrasza impression article, which should be published later today.

Man, I'd say her E Talent build looks the best, although the Q looks good as well (although too dependent on her being above 75% health)..

Wow... seems she needs to have another healer support to help her about having more than 75% health.. as you see:

her Q's heal is based on her current health and many talents says if she has more than 75% health blah blah.. so she always should have at least 75% and better to have full health and of course about her ult too.. she can fill health of a hero if she got 100% hp... so it's better to always have 100% health!

So it's better to have 2sup team... and I think tyrande is best choice for having 2sup in team and provide enough damage... and she got good Q ability to heal 1target and looks alextrasza got some damage too so 

Tyrande can heal Alex(main sup of team) and she will heal much much much more while she has full health and team won't feel that they have not enough damage and I think this team works well with tanks and assassins with huge amount of maximum health like Diablo(for tank)or butcher(for assassin) (because she can easily fill this much health and heal more heroes with much maximum health with all of her abilities and mostly her R1 ult)

by the way I don't know how she will be in quick matches because she may get a low health team and this may hurt team because her Q and mostly E and R1 will be useless (example for bad heros in qm: what we saw about Ana in qms ...she couldn't shoots healing darts well  when she got much speedy or dashing ally heroes like genji or tracer or...)

Edited by MZLICH

Hands down one of the most versatile healers in the game. Got a lot of team fights where you need to heal multiple heroes at once? Go for an Abundance build. Another healer in your team, but she can't heal enough on her own? Take the Gift Of Life build. Not enough damage in your team? Take the Flame Buffet build. So many different ways to build her. I hope Blizzard keeps making all heroes this versatile in the future. The problem is just, when is she not good? Seems a little overpowered, much like Hanzo. Neither of them have any obvious weaknesses. Alex doesn't have many escape methods, but that can be overcome with clever positioning. Hanzo's only weakness is a high learning curve, which can also be overcome with practice.

1 hour ago, Fliits said:

Hands down one of the most versatile healers in the game. Got a lot of team fights where you need to heal multiple heroes at once? Go for an Abundance build. Another healer in your team, but she can't heal enough on her own? Take the Gift Of Life build. Not enough damage in your team? Take the Flame Buffet build. So many different ways to build her. I hope Blizzard keeps making all heroes this versatile in the future. The problem is just, when is she not good? Seems a little overpowered, much like Hanzo. Neither of them have any obvious weaknesses. Alex doesn't have many escape methods, but that can be overcome with clever positioning. Hanzo's only weakness is a high learning curve, which can also be overcome with practice.

She doesn't seem that universally powerful to me.  Gift of Life both hurts her (making her easier to kill) and depends a fair bit on being high health (talent wise).  Abundance has a long delay and set area it heals meaning it can be played around by the enemy team (Ana would be a nightmare).  Flame Buffet doesn't do all that much damage and requires consecutive hits to apply slow.  And as you mentioned she has little escape herself.  Positioning can only do so much when a Tracer or Greymane jumps on you.  Not to say I dislike her, far from it, I like her a lot.  But I think it's a bit early to ask when is she not good or if she is overpowered just yet.

38 minutes ago, TSRD said:

She doesn't seem that universally powerful to me.  Gift of Life both hurts her (making her easier to kill) and depends a fair bit on being high health (talent wise).  Abundance has a long delay and set area it heals meaning it can be played around by the enemy team (Ana would be a nightmare).  Flame Buffet doesn't do all that much damage and requires consecutive hits to apply slow.  And as you mentioned she has little escape herself.  Positioning can only do so much when a Tracer or Greymane jumps on you.  Not to say I dislike her, far from it, I like her a lot.  But I think it's a bit early to ask when is she not good or if she is overpowered just yet.

Maybe I'm just overrating her since Junkrat had such a bad launch and none of the healers in the current meta have so much healing.

18 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Level 16

• Draconic Discipline: Increase Dragonqueen's duration by 9 seconds.
  • Ritual of Life: Life Binder activates 3 times over 6 seconds.
  • [Unknown]

Level 20

• Ruby Wings: Healing or damaging heroes 8 or more times with Cleansing Flame activates Dragonqueen upon landing.
  • [Name Unknown]: While Dragonqueen is active, Alexstrasza's basic attacks apply Flame Buffet, but her attack speed is reduced by 25%.
  • Blessing of the Red (Active, 40-second cooldown): Grant an allied hero 500 health until they die. Cannot be used on self, or on a hero who already has Blessing of the Red.

Stay tuned for my hands-on Alextrasza impression article, which should be published later today.

I think the Ritual of Life part from Lvl 16 belongs to Lvl 20, doesn't it?

Anyway, she seems very versatile, I love it!

Seems like she's very focused on healing and not much damage/cc/peel. Kinda disappointed (she's supposed to be really powerful lore-wise, right? Dragonflight and all)

6 hours ago, SteveFrost said:

Seems like she's very focused on healing and not much damage/cc/peel. Kinda disappointed (she's supposed to be really powerful lore-wise, right? Dragonflight and all)

Well I mean if we're arguing lore power levels, yeah but she should also really be in dragon form all the time.  Chromie should be able to time travel back to the start of the match (oh and she has a dragon form too), Ragnaros should always be in his Molten Core form, ect...  When you're dealing with characters like this you can't exactly balance them via lore.  If you want an excuse via lore, think of Alex like the champion video showed her.  She is testing and training Hanzo, she isn't really going all out after him after all.

I have a question: since Alexstrasza heal is % based, does that means her abilities aren not affected by the healing buff from Biotic GrenadeBiotic Grenade, for example? Or have increased effect on Amplified HealingAmplified Healing?

51 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

I have a question: since Alexstrasza heal is % based, does that means her abilities aren not affected by the healing buff from Biotic GrenadeBiotic Grenade, for example? Or have increased effect on Amplified HealingAmplified Healing?

Stitches Devour is a 20% self heal yet supposedly Amplify Healing (and the like) work on it.

I didn't test it or anything but that's what his talent build article says.  So I guess they do affect it?

7 hours ago, TSRD said:

Well I mean if we're arguing lore power levels, yeah but she should also really be in dragon form all the time.  Chromie should be able to time travel back to the start of the match (oh and she has a dragon form too), Ragnaros should always be in his Molten Core form, ect...  When you're dealing with characters like this you can't exactly balance them via lore.  If you want an excuse via lore, think of Alex like the champion video showed her.  She is testing and training Hanzo, she isn't really going all out after him after all.

Of course I'm not saying "make this type of characters 100% reflect how powerful they are in lore in game too" like one hit-KO everything or insta-win the game; just show a small sign that they're on a completely different level. Ragnaros you mentioned for example was beyond broken on release because of his design, perma picked/banned in competitive play and took a lot of time and many nerfs (a lot of them insignificant) to finally "dethrone" him. I didn't mean for her to be like that ofc, just not so one-sided apparently. I may have underestimated her trait and its enhancing talents (tho it will be hard for you to get up close and personal in today's meta) or the damaging build/abilities but still.

7 hours ago, SteveFrost said:

Of course I'm not saying "make this type of characters 100% reflect how powerful they are in lore in game too" like one hit-KO everything or insta-win the game; just show a small sign that they're on a completely different level. Ragnaros you mentioned for example was beyond broken on release because of his design, perma picked/banned in competitive play and took a lot of time and many nerfs (a lot of them insignificant) to finally "dethrone" him. I didn't mean for her to be like that ofc, just not so one-sided apparently. I may have underestimated her trait and its enhancing talents (tho it will be hard for you to get up close and personal in today's meta) or the damaging build/abilities but still.

Going with this talk is like arguing how can Master Roshi beat Vegetto in the Dragon Ball fighting games. It doesn't really matter because "power levels" shouldn't be taken in account in this.

18 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Going with this talk is like arguing how can Master Roshi beat Vegetto in the Dragon Ball fighting games. It doesn't really matter because "power levels" shouldn't be taken in account in this.

Well, Dragonball has many instances where it says that power levels are merely a joke and not to be taken seriously. Don't think that's the case elsewhere :v

On 11/5/2017 at 2:14 PM, Opactor said:

Finally, a true form of dragon, in my opinion, will be tier 1 snapshot.

Wishful thinking! :p