FORUMS
positiv2

Are you going to play WoW Classic?

Interest in WoW Classic and guides for it  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys,

since WoW Classic will be a thing now, I was wondering how many of you will be playing once it goes live. Having played on a few private servers several years ago, I will definitely try the official Vanilla, nostalgia and all that.

We also want to see whether you are interested in guides for WoW Classic to see how many resources we should devote to it. 

Uncommon Patron

I answered "Yes, I will" on the presumption it will be included with our current subscription. If not...it will depend on the extra cost.

As for guides...not needed. I played hundreds of hours of classic.

• Like 1

I'm not sure we know enough about wow classic to really make useful polls about it.

What people want from a "classic" server is vastly different from one to another, and we still have NO idea what's it gonna be : are they going to balance stuff ? debug stuff ? or go full classic ? on what patch ?.

Maybe you might want to wait a few months before asking that question, because we don't know what's coming, at all.

With things like WoW Classic, the success is not based on updates as much as with "live" versions of the game. RuneScape 3 and Old School RuneScape could be a great example of this, with RS3 getting several updates a month, which is way more than OSRS, yet its playerbase size does not really reflect that. I suspect the same thing will be happening with WoW Classic.

Definitely playing for the longterm if it extremely close to the original version of vanilla or even TBC at some point. I wouldn't mind some creature comforts and the option for better graphics.

Hoping for bug fixes, balancing of extreme brokenness in a few specs and bag storage solution for certain classes.

• Like 1

I need to de sessions, 2 hours of Classic and 2 hours of Live every day, and the rest is whatever I feel fore... Pretty sure it's gonna be classic... can't stop my self. 

• Like 1

Those classic servers will be moderately full and active at first.

And then their populations will plummet, hard, because people realize how crappy it actually was. Remember the crying about no flying in Legion? Yeah, imagine those people in classic. And remember that the flight paths were not yet straightened out.

Also, consumables (candles, seeds, totems and what have you), stats and balancing all over the place, no dual- or multi-specc. No LFR, no DF. no tool to find groups like we have today. No teleporting to the instance, but travelling there on foot.

There will be people staying on the classic servers for nostalgia. But most people who play today will be fed up with it after a short time.

Me, I will probably level a char to 60. Then look wether or not I can get into some of the raids, and then let it dwindle down. I won't play enough to let it impact my main raiding guild on 8.x.

I recently did the Loremaster and thus seeing some of the zones again as they were before (I love the old thousand needles or desolace) will be nice. Wall jumping into Hyjal to again see the "Under construction" sign. Yeah, fun stuff.

I'm not sure yet wether trying to get the old naxx staff or the Scarab Lord will be possible and even worth my time. Might be fun, tho (especially if they allowed char transfers away from those realms).

Yes I Will play it, if its part of the subscription. No I wont if I have to pay any extra. Guides, don't really need them as I played a lot of vanilla, but if we do have them it will be something to refresh our memories

• Like 1

As long as it is tied intro our current sub I MIGHT logon to it for a few minutes to have some of the old memories come back.  Then I will logon to BfA then start to level my toons.  As for guides I say no let the wrath and cata babies that logon for the first time people trying classic wow go through the same meat grinder as us people that played during classic.  

• Like 1

Uncommon Patron

I go back to BC days. I definitely will play Classic WOW. I enjoyed those times. I would also support some clean-up by blizz to make the game a bit more enjoyable, i.e., cleaning-up some of the poorly written quests, etc. Also, I welcome being able to use enchants, and other enhancements in Bgs once again. One of the things I enjoyed most about Classic WOW, was you had to work to get that sense of completion and accomplishment. Definitely not a game for the "lazy types". Personally, I am totally burned-out, bored, and disappointed w/ blizziod's Legion nonsense!  

P.S I really don't care what it costs to play Classic WOW, I will be there!  

Edited by Oceola
  • Like 1