FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
renshilee

Recommended Add-Ons

I would like some suggestions on some of the better add-ons to use, and what is the best method of installing them? I am very new to using add-ons and have played without using them in the past, but it seems they really help to maximize both the game play and player efficiency. Thank you

First we need to establish what you need the add-ons to do.  There are thousands of add-ons out there and they do a wide variety of things.  For example, you have your bag add-ons, currency add-ons, pvp add-ons, entire custom UIs which usually incorporate quite a few add-ons as well.

There are a few sites out there that you can get some add-ons from, but the most centralized place is the twitch/curse client.  It'll be the twitch app if you have merged your curse and twitch accounts, and it'll be the curse app if you have not.

What are you needing add-ons to provide for you?  ways of tracking cooldowns, manage your bags, help you track rares and treasures?

Also some add-ons are very useful for raiding, some for mythic+, others for pvp.

For full custom UIs I suggest either Altz UI or Elv UI as both of these are solid UIs with multiple built in tools.

For raiding and dungeons I suggest Deadly Boss Mods, it's a good add-on for yelling at you when a boss is doing an ability.

Damage meters I suggest either Details (memory intensive) or Skada (less memory use but not quite as accurate as Details).

PVP add-ons I suggest Omnibar/OmniCC, Gladius or sArena.

For tracking rares I suggest either DailyGlobalCheck or Handy_Notes.

If you are going to be using add-ons to track spells, cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, etc..  I very highly recommend WeakAuras2.  There is a website wago.io that you can find a large number of custom weakauras that have been created for many different aspects of the game.  Or you can learn to create the weakauras yourself (does take some time to learn).

Hope this helps, and good luck on your quest.

• Thanks 1

It does help, thank you. I would like to get add-ons to help me manage skills to use and when. I tend to do a lot of solo play, but I want to start trying to do dungeons and if I can find time raids as well, so I can complete the various stories through out the game. I tend to make more DPS characters but have done some low level healing and tanking as well. 

4 hours ago, renshilee said:

It does help, thank you. I would like to get add-ons to help me manage skills to use and when. I tend to do a lot of solo play, but I want to start trying to do dungeons and if I can find time raids as well, so I can complete the various stories through out the game. I tend to make more DPS characters but have done some low level healing and tanking as well. 

To manage skills and cooldowns I would suggest getting WeakAuras2, and then going to wago.io and finding a weakaura that you like for your class.  There are several all in one type weakauras that you can find and most of them have some type of screenshot so you can see what they look like.  The easiest way to do this is once you find one you like just click on the top right corner that says copy import string, then once back in WoW type /wa to open the weakauras menu and at the bottom select import.  paste or ctrl+v into the blank text, a box will come up asking if you want to import and if you're sure you want to then say import and position the weakaura on the screen to your liking.

Additionally there are a lot of youtube content creators for wow that can suggest a ton of good addons, I would suggest checking out, Bellular, SignsofKehlani, Mrrrggl (maybe not spelled right), Hotted (forget the number after his name), swifty, bagheera, Taliesin and Evitel, hazelnutty (might have games on the end), tradechat, asmongold and honestly i've missed several i'm sure.  I know a lot of people are very particular about some of these youtubers, however, from my experience These are the ones that provide the most content related to current gameplay.  A lot of other content creators are more into the machinima aspect (nixxion), or lore type videos (nobbel) but they also do have good content from time to time. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2017 at 11:27 PM, DeathsDesign said:

Hotted (forget the number after his name)

I always want to say 69, but it's 89.

On 11/12/2017 at 3:56 AM, DeathsDesign said:

yeah I thought it was 69 as well but thanks for the correction :D

I WONDER WHY