FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vomitory

Camouflage Isn't Working?

So, when I use Camouflage, no matter what the situation, I come right out of it. I can be:

• In Shrine, not in combat
  • In Molten Core, not in combat
  • In the world somewhere, not in combat
  • In combat

I have no idea what could be causing this. I've tried wiping my WTF/cache folders, all that stuff. I've also tried turning off add-ons one by one to see if that affected it. Aside from things such as DBM, NPCScan, and things like that which shouldn't affect anything (my rogue is fine, for example), I don't have anything else on for my hunter. Has anyone else had this issue before, or maybe have any input that I could try to fix it? It's not a gamebreaker, but it'd be nice in some situations where I just wanna slip past trash pulls for transmog/mount farming.

I've come across the bug you mentioned above before. Although there is no direct fix, I'd suggest that you make sure to try these things before reporting the bug to blizzard:

- First turn off all your addons and try it, even dbm and other raid addons can affect the cooldown bar and may deactivate it.

-Pets can sometimes bug themselves out permanently because of camo, so try camo without a pet out and and random brand new one(This was my main cause, pets can sometimes be flagged as permanently having camo active even if it isnt which would break the whole thing),

- The third thing I need to mention was that with 5.4s release you cannot chain camo immediately anymore nor refresh it without breaking it when Assurance of Consequence is equipped.There is a hidden 1 second cooldown befoe the buff can be reapplied.

I've noticed on my alt hunter that I didnt have issues with camo when I didnt have assurance equipped. 

I wish I could be of more help but Camouflage is one of our buggier abilities because they didnt want to just give us stealth. Let us know should anything I suggested above helps or if you figure out a fix.

Well, thanks to a Firefox addon that resets my browser every few minutes (forgot to turn it off), I lost my comprehensive list of trial and error. Anyway...

Only turning off all of my add-ons worked. Which leaves a lengthy list of trying to find out which one is causing it. It was NOT anything DBM related, so I can at least confirm that. Pets don't seem to be an issue either, and my AoC isn't the problem because I'm waiting a good 10-15 seconds in between. Unless anyone else has any idea of possible add-ons, I suppose I'll wait until most of my Real ID list is offline so they're not spammed, and go through one-by-one. Might be a cosmetic... I don't use any UI add-ons but I do have some silly ones (such as an elite mob's golden dragon ring around my own portrait). So unless someone else chimes in with an idea, I will re-post once I can go down my list and see if any of them are causing it.

Addon Control Panel can help you turn add ons on and off without having to log in and out every 2 seconds. 

Addon Control Panel can help you turn add ons on and off without having to log in and out every 2 seconds. 

I love you.

---

It appears that PetLeash is causing the issue. I disabled the add-on (and all of its dependencies) and I'm running around safely in Camouflage. Hopefully this is something that'll help others, not sure how to bump this post for anyone searching for it but I had a feeling this might be the case.

Edited by Vomitory