Shuppet

Coming into 7.3 from MoP

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

I need guidance!

I'm a returning player from the MoP era, I've played throughout TBC and beyond and currently I'm a iLvl 890 Mage. I haven't played any of Legion launch content, no 7.1/7.2 content when I first started playing again. Currently I've been doing all of the broken isles quests, currently on the last which is Suramar and my entire Broken Isles Rep standing is at Honoured across the board at this moment in time (btw this rep wall for flying is a joke).

So here I am questing, doing dungeons and LFR. Multi-tasking multiple things, I've just received the last follower for the class hall quests, it's so overwhelming and I have no idea what I need to do to make sure I'm not missing out any tasty loot because I'm an avid completionist and wouldn't want to miss a mount or title or anything haha! But like I said, I'm so very overwhelmed by everything and I don't want to be doing things that I don't really need to do unless I get something shiny. Am I gonna be screwed if I skip the Broken Shore? Do i just go straight into argus? I love leveling alt characters but if i do all this, and have to do it again on an alt, I would be so angry. Obviously the Legion flying will benefit the alt, but if I can just skip to Argus(?), is it really worth it? Like jump straight into argus if its not gonna damage my alt toons chances of getting gear? WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING AND WHAT AM I WASTING MY TIME ON? - is the question I'm asking here. I hate missing a trick, please halp ! D;

Edited by Shuppet

On 11/15/2017 at 12:33 AM, Shuppet said:

WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING AND WHAT AM I WASTING MY TIME ON?

Okay, so.

The natural progression of Legion is:

• Basic zones - Highmountain, Val'Sharah, Azsuna, Stormheim. These can be done in any order while leveling up.
  • While going through basic zones, you will do class order hall missions. Work your way through all of them, prioritising the Light's Heart missions (first one from Khadgar) if you are concerned with lore. Get it done before going to Argus for story stuff.
  • After hitting 110 and doing the other zones, go to Suramar. 
  • All rep requirements are removed from Suramar, so you can blast through it.
  • Broken Shore follows Suramar, but it's not particularly exciting. Do it for the lore if you want, you don't miss much you can't see in cinematics on YT.
  • Argus follows Broken Shore.

Everything is separate for every alt except flying. It's shared. Other than that, yeah, you'll need to do it all again. If you don't care about story, go gear up on Argus first and then go blast through all old content.