Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HeavenPierce

I can't decide what to use..

4 posts in this topic

I'm just trying to see if I should switch to fury, I can't decide which weapons/weapon is better to use. I'm currently using Immaculate Pandaren Spear(524 ilvl)with expertise and mastery, I have Xifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian(536ilvl) and Worldbreaker's Stormscythe (502 ilvl) in my bag. Does the better mainhand make up for the bad off-hand? Should I switch to fury reguardless since i'm almost 530 ilvl?

Edited by HeavenPierce

The current state of the warriors goes as follow:

Fury provides better single target DPS than arms starting at around 520 ilvl, as long as you have an equivalent or higher ilvl weapon for both specs.

Arms provides more AoE/Cleave DPS than fury, by far, however.

If we go back to fury, Titan's grip will do more damage than SMF if you have equivalent or higher ilvl weapons.

What all that means in your specific case is, as far as single target damage is concerned, you'll do better as Fury, though arms will still be better for AoE. If you can get a 536+ 2h weapon to fo with your polearm, then Titan's grip will pull even more ahead.

Hope this helps,

-Rage

Thanks man, yeah I was planning to go fury when I got the weapons, I just wasn't sure if the weapons were allowing me to or not.

With those ilvls you should be good. As long as you have above 25% crit the rotation shouldn't feel too clunky.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nesmuricus
      Hello y'all, 
      So I'll cut right to the chase. I feel like I'm under performing. Or I could be doing just fine with my current gear/stats (SimCraft may have given me unrealistic expectations).
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/veinsplitter
      I have decent stats, draught and convergence, and my 4 piece. These are all on the lower side, so I think that would be one way to improve my DPS, but that's not what I'm here for. I ran a Sim today and it states that under ideal conditions and a perfect run, I should be doing around 900k, with an initial burst of 1.7k, and a couple peaks around a mil. I don't see these numbers, especially the peaks of 1 mil, while I run though, which leads me to my original point of me thinking I'm doing something wrong.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zfyq3C6JkFvngHVt#fight=6&view=rankings Heroic Krosus
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CygxKrJPNhfz82dB#view=rankings Heroic Guldan
      One thing someone will probably point out is that I wasn't using pre-pots on either of those. That'll change in the future. 

My rotation is based off of the Fury Discord guide.
      Opener - Charge/BT/BC/Rampage/Drought/RB
      I'll usually then BT or Rampage based on rage, OF, and then go into a priority system of Enraged RB > BT > FS > RB
      Rampage at 100 rage.

At execute phase, my execute rotation is:
      Execute/FS/BT in that order to keep myself at 100 rage for Frothing. While this is what the Fury Discord states, I tend to not get a ton of Execute damage on the boss and feel this is one area I could be doing something wrong.

On add fights, I know that I don't incorporate Whirlwind enough into my rotation, and that's something I need to be a bit mindful of. But after I burst, I tend to drop down at a steady rate. I don't usually see my DPS jump back up unless I Drought (which makes sense), but when I'm doing my standard rotation I can't keep my numbers up. Krosus should be a straight forward fight, but if you look at the logs, my dps drops to around 500k. Am I screwing something up? Or am I pulling comparable DPS to a fury warrior with 897 ilvl. 
      Thank you all for any help you can provide to me. I greatly appreciate it. I just want to bring honor and glory to all of my warrior brethren out there.

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our N'Zoth Control Warrior Un'Goro Standard Deck.
    • By HerrDave
      Some backstory - I started as a protection warrior so I could pull a load of mobs and AoE them into a puddle over time without being liquefied myself.
      I went like this from 1-100 without a hitch. Switched to Arms because of my fascination with Blademasters and Blackhand and I was promptly curb-stomped into oblivion.

From what I've experienced, Arms has incredibly bursty unpredictable damage which can either annihilate a target or grant you no procs whatsoever making for long gaps in the fight during which you will do negligible damage.

The only self-healing abilities you have are:
      Second Wind - Restores 6% of your maximum health ever 1 second after 5 seconds without taking damage.
      Victory Rush - Heals you for 30% of your maximum health, only useable after killing an enemy.
      Touch of Zakajz - 3%-6%-9% of mortal strike's damage is returned to you as health.

If during a fight a monster starts out DPSing you, the fight is already over and you are graced with the choice of fleeing or dying because your defensive cooldowns aren't the best thing in the world.
      This becomes very evident when attempting to solo rares or even packs of mobs larger than three at 110.

There are two builds for Arms circling the web.
      In short these are their gimmicks.
      -Great for sniping stragglers in PvP
      Cons
      -Very clunky use of Focused Rage
      -Only shines in Colossus Smash windows
      -Very Poor AoE, cooldown based
      -Consistent damage
      -Some freedom with talents
      Cons
      -Stale rotation (You don't build towards something)
      -Sub-par AoE
      -Poor burst damage

TL:DR
      I had an astonishingly hard time as an Arms warrior, even fighting two enemies at a time I would come very close to dying.
      My damage was GREAT but only during the windows provided by battle cry/avatar combo.
      My survivability sucked, my damage sucked, my AoE sucked, and I ended going back to Protection to progress.

I REALLY want to like Arms, but it just falls on its face every time I try to use it.

I call to you Arms warriors, you brave few - what is the trick to the specialization?
      What is the purpose / focus of the spec?
    • By Silverbolt
      I recently acquired Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish. I already have an ilvl 890 Convergence of Fates and ilvl 880 Draught of Souls. My guild has currently cleared Heroic Nighthold through High Botanist and is about to begin work on Elisande and Gul'dan. Should I swap in KBW for one of the two trinkets I already have, or stick with Convergence + Draught?  My only other real DPS throughput legendary is Kazzalax, Fujieda's Fury. For my second legendary, I tend to swap between Naj'entus's Vertebrae and situational use ones like the crafted belt or Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles. Any thoughts or comments are welcome. Thanks.
      --SB