FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Allied Races: Highmountain Tauren Preview

nubpNys.png

Highmountain Taurens are one of the three Allied races available to the Horde in Battle for Azeroth. In this preview, we're looking at the requirements to create a Highmountain Tauren, class / customization options and racials.

Descended from Huln, brave hero of the War of the Ancients, the Highmountain tauren honor the spirits of earth, river, and sky. Though the Legion invaded their lands and sowed seeds of distrust between them, the tribes of Highmountain stand united once more. At long last they are ready to venture beyond their sacred mountain and stand beside their kin from Kalimdor, lending their nobility and strength to the mighty Horde.

Available Classes

• Druid, Hunter, Monk, Shaman, Warrior

Requirements

Racials (Source)

Bull Rush (Instant, 2 min cooldown)

• Charges forward for 1 sec, knocking enemies down for 1.5 sec.

Mountaineer (Passive)

• Increases your Versatility by 1%.

Pride of Ironhorn (Passive)

• Mining skill increased by 15 and allows you to mine faster.

Rugged Tenacity

• Reduces damage taken by X.

Waste Not, Want Not (Passive)

• You have a chance to loot additional meat and fish.

Male Highmountain Tauren

Skin Options

skin.pngskinback.pngskin2.pngskin2back.pngskin3.pngskin3back.pngskin4.pngskin4back.pngskin5.pngskin5back.pngskin6.pngskin6back.png

Horn Style

horn.pnghorn2.pnghorn3.png

Facial Hair

facial.pngfacial2.pngfacial3.pngfacial4.pngfacial5.pngfacial6.pngfacial7.png

Female Highmountain Tauren

Skin Options

fskin.pngfskinback.pngfskin2.pngfskin2back.pngfskin3.pngfskin3back.pngfskin4.pngfskin4back.pngfskin5.pngfskin5back.pngfskin6.pngfskin6back.png

Horn Style

fhorns.pngfhorns2.pngfhorns3.png

Hair Style

fhair.pngfhair2.pngfhair3.pngfhair4.pngfhair5.png

All images were taken using WoW Model Viewer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dejo93 said:

So wait, is it revered or exalted?

They didn't exactly specify the reputation requirement.

• Like 1

I have the achievement and I'm exalted on my main, but it's Alliance. Do I still unlock the access to a short quest chain to unlock the Allied race. that way on my Horde characters, or do I have to do the quests/gain rep on one of my Horde Characters?

2 minutes ago, OfficialKurai said:

I have the achievement and I'm exalted on my main, but it's Alliance. Do I still unlock the access to a short quest chain to unlock the Allied race. that way on my Horde characters, or do I have to do the quests/gain rep on one of my Horde Characters?

I think unlocking Allied races is account-wide, so there's no need to repeat anything.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I think unlocking Allied races is account-wide, so the answer would be yes.

Thank you! Now I don't have to worry about that anymore. :)

• Like 2

I harassed blizzard so much on multiple accounts and made several petitions to get antlered tauren. Now that I got my wish I feel empty inside :(  I need something new to be obnoxious about, murlocs as playable race maybe? I'll find something :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

So wait, is it revered or exalted?

In the latest Q/A, Ion alluded that they don't want it to feel grindy, so there will probably be no reputation requirements.

38 minutes ago, Tri said:

I harassed blizzard so much on multiple accounts and made several petitions to get antlered tauren. Now that I got my wish I feel empty inside :(  I need something new to be obnoxious about, murlocs as playable race maybe? I'll find something :D

I know exactly what I would like to play :P. I'd even reroll Alliance!

eredarmale.pngeredarmale2.pngeredar.pngeredar2.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

In the latest Q/A, Ion alluded that they don't want it to feel grindy, so there will probably be no reputation requirements.

I know exactly what I would like to play :P. I'd even reroll Alliance!

eredarmale.pngeredarmale2.pngeredar.pngeredar2.png

Oh lawdy, look at DAT ASS

Dear Blizzard:

Moose of either sex have the same big honkin' racks. Please, please, please, please,  please: Stop with this sexual dimorphism. The same horn racks available to males would literally be identical on females.  

Other than that: hey look at this tank race. Well, okay then Blizzard. 

Edited by crowsandprose
spelling yo

8 hours ago, crowsandprose said:

Dear Blizzard:

Moose of either sex have the same big honkin' racks. Please, please, please, please,  please: Stop with this sexual dimorphism. The same horn racks available to males would literally be identical on females.  

Actually to be accurate the females would have no racks as female moose, known as cows, do not grow antlers.

On 11/18/2017 at 5:31 PM, crowsandprose said:

Dear Blizzard:

You are thinking of reindeer that have antlers on both sexes. Female moose do not have antlers unless they have some hormonal imbalance. Also, the Highmountain Tauren have moose antlers because of magic.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this