FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Caldyrvan

Oh I love this guy :D

No need to watch the whole vid, I just wanted to point at what he's saying at this point of the vid :D

It's just important what he says between 1:29 and 1:45 ;) ... Well, the whole vid is worth watching :)

Edited by Caldyrvan

I'm so happy to see that other people do what i have done: concede to jade idols. It´s just unfair, Druid has one million cards that summon jades and by the end of the game you can´t beat any of them. Thjis said in one of his last videos that "when i get legend i like to play fun decks, decks that i enjoy playing, cause before legend i got to play jade druid..."

But i wanna add that quest mage is another cancer :)

Edited by Starving

For me it's not about "can I win this?", or "is it fair?". Ofc I can win but I don't want to play against those, boring, always going the same and often costing more time then it's worth even with a win.

I love it when he defeats these cancers with an unusual or even weak and cheap deck :)

P.S. You forgot to add Priest ;)

9 hours ago, Starving said:

I'm so happy to see that other people do what i have done: concede to jade idols. It´s just unfair, Druid has one million cards that summon jades and by the end of the game you can´t beat any of them. Thjis said in one of his last videos that "when i get legend i like to play fun decks, decks that i enjoy playing, cause before legend i got to play jade druid..."

But i wanna add that quest mage is another cancer :)

Well, there is just one small problem: Jade Druid isn't even in the Top 5 decks to reach legend anymore.

http://metastats.net/decksbyrank/5/

AggroToken Druid or Temporogue is the way to go.

And if your Temporogue has Prince Keleseth on Turn 2 the game is already over after Turn 2.

It's the fastest way to climb, because my guess is that quite a lot of opponents just quit if he is played on Turn 2. (I do.)

Funny how players complain about decks that can become unbeatable at turn 12 or something like that, but have no problem with games that are decided on turn 2. If one player has just a single card (no card combination!). Which has a probability of around 1/3.

3 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Well, there is just one small problem: Jade Druid isn't even in the Top 5 decks to reach legend anymore.

http://metastats.net/decksbyrank/5/

AggroToken Druid or Temporogue is the way to go.

And if your Temporogue has Prince Keleseth on Turn 2 the game is already over after Turn 2.

It's the fastest way to climb, because my guess is that quite a lot of opponents just quit if he is played on Turn 2. (I do.)

Funny how players complain about decks that can become unbeatable at turn 12 or something like that, but have no problem with games that are decided on turn 2. If one player has just a single card (no card combination!). Which has a probability of around 1/3.

I don't think Keleseth alone decides a game for me, not with my usual decks (Elemental Mage and Dragon Priest) that has big minions and powerful removals. But against Jade Druid and Quest Mage i can do nothing when my opponent can either summon a 11/11, 12/12 (for 1 mana cost) or freeze my minions and stop them from doing anything.

I think Chumps' main thought behind this is getting tired of fighting the same all the time.

I would think we all do but tons of players still keep playing the same. And don't tell me all of them are players who just only have this one deck that is competitive.

Edited by Caldyrvan

39 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

I think Chumps' main thought behind this is getting tired of fighting the same all the time.

I would think we all do but tons of players still keep playing the same. And don't tell me all of them are players who just only have this one deck that is competitive.

Actually, I tend to think that is the problem.  It feels like most players have 2-3 decks that they rotate through for competitive play.  As a result those decks are normally tier 1 and are fully equipped with all the needed epic and legendary cards.  That's why you see Highland Priest, Tempo Rogue and Quest Mage at rank 20 just as much as in the higher rankings.  It's rare that I see a non-tier 1 deck.  

That's really why I don't bother trying to climb the rankings.  I'm just going to see the same decks anyway, so nothing really changes from my perspective.  And at least in the 20-10 range, I have a chance at meeting someone running the same type of oddball or not-fully-equipped deck that I'm using.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldyrvan said:

Eh.  That is how a lot of competitive games are.  Even in games like league of legends, you generally see a lot of the same champions in ranked.  I mean you are playing a game where people have limited time, want to win, and are rewarded for doing so, which generally means people play the "best" decks.  My favorite classes are rogue and priest, so I am having an absolute field day right now.  Been playing a lot of dragon priest, kazamakus priest and keleseth-less tempo rogue deck that techs heavy for the mirror (crabbing a pirate in the mirror is delicious).

I still think a Sideboard like in MTG would solve a lot of the problems like having just 2 or 3 dominant decks. It might bring other problems though, not sure.

I don't know the guy that made the video, and I absolutely DON'T want to say anything about anyone in this thread.

But I think that "I just concede against deck X" is a losing mindset. You can have good match-up and bad match-up, but there isn't a real instant win in this game. If you think you are a pro, just go playing the beatdown like a pro. 'If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles'.

4 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

I still think a Sideboard like in MTG would solve a lot of the problems like having just 2 or 3 dominant decks. It might bring other problems though, not sure.

In yugioh we have both side deck and 2 or 3 (nowaday, really 1) dominant deck. In Hearthstone, it would be even worse. You can't side against everything at the same time, and not all decks have natural counters. A side deck would means no more jade, secrets, murloc, pirate, ... but it would not say that you don't have a high tier dominant deck.

However, I play wild where there is a lot of powerfull deck :P

27 minutes ago, Synesthesy said:

I don't know the guy that made the video, and I absolutely DON'T want to say anything about anyone in this thread.

But I think that "I just concede against deck X" is a losing mindset.

As said before, it's not about being able to win or not. It's about playing against the same decks over and over and, that's boring and those decks are boring to play against in general. Personally I'm just tired of them, I don't care about a win if I can't enjoy the game. Of course not every match can be an enjoyable party but when the majority of the matches become dull it can't be right and definitely feels bad no matter if I win or not.

Edited by Caldyrvan

1 hour ago, Synesthesy said:

But I think that "I just concede against deck X" is a losing mindset. You can have good match-up and bad match-up, but there isn't a real instant win in this game.

Only deck I've auto-conceded against was the pre-nerf Quest Rogue.  I lost all but 1 game by turn 6, it was simply too OP.  Otherwise I do my best to beat these high powered decks.  I've managed to pull off the upset victory a few times, enough that I'll keep trying.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

As said before, it's not about being able to win or not. It's about playing against the same decks over and over and, that's boring and those decks are boring to play against in general. Personally I'm just tired of them, I don't care about a win if I can't enjoy the game. Of course not every match can be an enjoyable party but when the majority of the matches become dull it can't be right and definitely feels bad no matter if I win or not.

Thats called meta and I am pretty sure thats whats gonna happen in every expansion ever. Many players only play to win, copying top tier decks from wherever it is and piloting them all day long.

Only solution I can think of that, every class has a Tier 1 or 2 deck, so people will try different classes. Right now it is only between rogues, druids and priests.

You should get used to playing against same decks all the time, back in gadgetzan meta, there were times when I played against pirate warrior or aggro shaman 13 games in a row. I was trying jade rogue and I got steamrolled by all of them. Its not fun but its meta and not everyone plays for fun.

• Like 1

I played Jade rogue too and I really enjoy that deck but you get punched pretty often :D

/edit: maybe I'm wrong here and should stop with HS.

Edited by Caldyrvan