Bastione

Starting a newbie friendly guild - need advice

6 posts in this topic

Greetings!

I'm starting a newbie friendly guild, now that I have A LITTLE more experience with the game.

The guilds at my realm never really talk at the guild chat, never really interact with anyone... So I decided to solve this problem myself.

The problem is... I'm a huge noob. Despite playing since MoP, I still have trouble with the game, since most of the time I did WorldPvP and... nothing much really.

So I need a few tips, for example:

How do I make my guildmates interact more?

How can I make everyone feel good at my guild?

Do professions help with the recent 110s? Like Blacksmithing?

Thank you so much for your attention!

I don't think you can *make* your guildies interact more. While classic fans will tell you WoW has killed the social part of the game, it's really just that people have stopped being interested in that, regardless of the game's evolution.

How to have an active guild then ?

Well, be active by yourself, first of all.

Create multiple events that attract all kinds of people, talk with your guildies, be careful about WHO you invite in (that last one is for the "feel good" part).

I don't think there is a miracle formula for that kind of stuff : just go recruit, and be social, the ones that want that will follow you, and the ones that don't will leave by themselves.

For professions, i don't think they're really needed anymore for new 110s. They may have helped at the start of the game, but now there is lots of much more interesting ways to catch up (and more efficient too).

Hallo, Dabria here...
"How many GM does it take it to change a lightbulb?" (Answer at the end)

Events or a Discord:

You can put up events that will gather your guildies so you can have more time and memories together.
With this you'll start trusting each other more and soon you'll have a little group of close guidies, some you'll probably also start talking to, on discord for an example. This way you can start the chat with your little group and meanwhile your guild is growing people start joining in on the chats, also remember you can always try making them join (Asking how their day have been, chatting about something they can relate or help with, or third of all, do a transmog or achievement run or something else that they can join in on)

So start off easy, make some friend/guildies that can help kicking conversations off. Then at one point, you'll have 50+ people online and a never-ending conversation about thunderfury, hehe. The discord could also help people chatting outside the game so they become better friend in-game also this way someone is not online can come online if something that they wanna participate in happens in the guild.

Professions:

Don't see this as a thing anymore. It really where you need anything. But simply take something as enchanting, so you can disenchant things to chaos crystals. Maybe you can sort it out and give it to the enchanter that has 800. He can then make enchants people can take in the guild or you can simply sell your materials. 

Else something like herbing or mining, so you can earn even more gold.

Also, alchemy is good, especially if you raid much. Here you get 1 free hour on your flask, so it's really good and make your flask last longer = saving more of your gold.

But professions aren't really a thing anymore. Most you can buy or most is just there to earn gold. 

Questing, raid or dungeons:

Know what your a doing, so you can help people with your class, and just classes in general (bit only, not expert level, else say they should go to icy veins - self-promotion) Know how roles go, what a healer should focus on, whats important as tank and what DPSing is really about... and most important CCs and interrupts. 

How different bosses in raid and dungeons are done correctly. How each role fits in and tacs. Here you can create events that can help people either getting a guild grp or learn how to. You can also make mythic+, so you all get a +10 (soon +15) done. 
Here you can also place events so you can finish all of the 0/7 Legion dungeons, 0/5 mythic + and 0/1 raid in the guild, so you can earn gold for the guild. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it help and I give you all the good luck with your guild in the future. If you have any more question or any question to my answer, please submit them to this thread or via PM.

Answer: "None, it's working as intended" ... Haha, good day out there. 

Edited by Dabria

Planning events is key! Then I would say making sure you can lead by knowing the mechanics of fights, how to help people get ready for dungeons and raids. It sounds like you already are, but make sure people feel helped and welcomed.

Thank you so much, guys.

I began tanking just so I could help my guild, and I have never tanked before.

Last night I was kicked off a pug raid when I died ONCE, and I was so fucking depressed... But then I found another pug with a discord, and people gave me directions (it makes all the difference in the world, even though I knew the fights from guides), and we rocked! They added me and told me they would call me again. I'm so happy!

(I know this is off topic, I just felt like sharing it)

Anyway, my guild is growing really fast. People began using the Discord, altough most do not. 

I have raided once with them, but we were only able to take down the first Antorus boss... :(

The DPS was too low, I'm thinking of ways to help them increase it...

Anyway thanks again guys!

You very much welcome.

Do you have any question how to help then with DPS or any other question feel free to ask there here or via PM.

Have a great day and Merry Christmas. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a growing raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of four within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.

We care more about the people we play with than their item levels or progression rankings. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      We are 5/11-Heroic 11/11-Normal Antorus, having killed every boss we've pulled.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid.
      We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for raiding the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      DPS:  YES. Ranged DPS - will consider all, but would love to pick up a hunter, mage, and elemental shaman. Melee DPS - prefer enhance shaman or survival hunter.
      Healers: NO. No current needs.
      Tank: NO. No current needs.

The Nitty Gritty
      If you're intrigued, please check out our wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit. This will give you the inside picture on how we operate as a raid team.
      https://www.reddit.com/r/FTH/wiki/tequilasundown

Contact Us
      You can reach us on bnet: joat#1832 & lambkill#1856
      or Discord: joat#6049 & saever#4432
    • By Athlios
      Guild Information:
      Guild name: Gordian Knot
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Draenor (EU)
      Realm Type: Normal - PVE
      Current progress: Antorus 11/11HC, ToS 6/9M, NH 6/10M, ToV 2/3M
      Raid days: Wednesday, Sunday, Monday
      Raid times: 20.00-23.00 CET
      (Full application details on website)
      Recruiting for Normal, Heroic & Mythic Raiding:
      High:
      Druid: Feral Priest: Discipline Warrior: Protection Medium:
      Monk: Windwalker Paladin: Protection Low:
      Demon Hunter: Havoc Hunter: All specs Mage: All specs Rogue: All specs These are our open spots at the moment, however, we are always interested in any player that is highly skilled, knowledgeable with their class and has positive and friendly attitude.
      Also, in order to be able to join our main team straight away, you need to meet the requirements for our current progress, which are around 935 item level equiped and around 73+ traits on your weapon.
      Any social and friendly person who wants to join us for kicks and giggles is welcome. Just poke any of our officers online and you will get an invite for a social spot (no raiding spot).
      About us:
      Gordian Knot is a 20-man semi-hardcore raiding guild that consists of experienced raiders with some of them having raiding experience as far back as Vanilla.
      We are a friendly group who enjoys World of Warcraft and loves raiding. We have fun and joke around but when bosses need to go down then all is serious! We wish for all our members to enjoy the game as much as we do and we expect raiders to maintain a 70% attendance per month.
      We also enjoy a variety of other activities such as running a lot of Mythic+ dungeons doing alt-runs, achievement runs etc.
      There are a few things we hold in high value but above else we value friendliness and politeness towards guildies and other players and skillfulness when it comes to the more serious parts of the game.
      Currently :
      We raid 3 nights a week, Wednesdays, Sundays and Mondays, from 20:00 till 23:00 server time.
      Although we are a 20-man guild, we usually run an extra group in order to get more people to experience the joys of raiding, help new raiders learn the Knot's way to down bosses and gearing up. Usually, these runs happen on Thursdays. Also, every Friday and sometimes Saturdays too, we're on RBGs killing alliance scums!
      Saturdays are generally left for those RBGs or older content runs for fun and drinking!
      Our current guild progress is 11/11 on Antorus heroic, and we're focusing on getting further Mythic progress. Our aim is to always progress as much as possible but also to have a relaxed and fun atmosphere at the same time!
      If you're interested in joining Gordian Knot, please fill in our application form, located at http://gordian-knot.eu/apply/, alternatively please whisper one of our officers:
      Jenquai - Athlios#2283
      Leleko - Leleko#2235
      Narweena - Sephyra#2517
      or contact me on discord Athlios#0153
      PS. We're always open to group applications or guild merging discussions.
      We are also open and welcome social applications.
    • By Chumani

***LEAKED IMAGE OF 1st RAID BOSS IN NEW VANILLA SERVERS***

**11/11 N Antorus as of 12/3/17** 
      Raid times   630 - 830pst    Tues/Thur/Sun        Alt/casual raid    630 - 830pst  Mon
      Hai Raiders! Looking for a guild you can call home?? Looking for a guild you can raid with?? Looking for a guild thats active?? Mature and Fun?? Look no more!

Corrupted Destiny guild is looking for YOU!! Are you wanting to raid and havnt been able to? Maybe you need a guild that does..... Hope to log in and see other guild members online?? Maybe you need a guild that its possible in! We are one of Skywall's oldest guilds. We have watched them come and go and yet we remain strong! We feel as if we are a family.... you will too! We are getting ready for Antorus the Burning Throne raid incoming soon! Come and join us and help us kick ass in there! Casual raider? Non raider? Come join us anyway, run our lesser raids just to get some gear or to gear up your alt!!

We have been here for a long time.... Come and join us and you will immediately know why this is so!

Im Chu.... and I am waiting for you!!

Chu#12466 - Deni#1743
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366 

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=248100
    • By Cent77
      About us 
      Dwimm or Dude where is my mana was created in October 2017 and is a Semi-Hardcore Raiding guild, which raids 3 days pr week. (We are a few members from our previous guild "Subjects"). The purpose was to make a community of players, who wanted to have fun while playing but also to make a Raiding team that would get some were.
      Our Goal:
      - Full Mythic & Heroic clear of current content with the focus on getting (Cutting Edge).
      - Build a strong team of players who wants to put the effort to progress as a team.
      - We want active, dedicated and skilled players.
      - Have a good atmosphere in the guild & Discord.
      - To have a laugh while online.
      We are seeking the following classes (Raiding):
      Mage
      Hunter
      --
      Demon Hunter
      Or any exceptional players!
      What we expect of you:
      - You are a teamplayer that puts the guilds best interests before your own.
      - Reading/Watching Tactics of the fights before Raid.
      - Being prepared for each fights.
      - Having Food, Potions, Pots ready for each fight.
      - High raid attendance.
      - Be able to take criticism.
      - Good class knowledge.
      - Independent class research for every tier.
      - Have Patience while we fight.
      - Able to have a laugh and bring spicy memes.
      What we can offer you:
      - Dedicated leading team.
      - Players with the same mindset as you.
      - An active guild who are always up for a laugh (especially swapblasting the GM)
      - Raiders who are passionate about focusing clearing current content.
      - A fun relaxed environment.
      - We are currently using RClootcouncil for a fair looting system.
      - Discord server as voice communication program as well as a place to hang out outside of raids with your fellow guild members and friends
      - A website with different options to explore.
      - Guild repairs during raids.
      How do i pass trial?
      - You will be trial for 2 weeks.
      Officers & Raid leader will then decide your fate.
      Check our progress :
      (6/11) Normal Antorius (3/9) Mythic ToS
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/kazzak/Dude+where+is+my+mana
      Raids Times:
      (Realm Time)
      Wednesday : 20:00 - 23:00.
      Friday : 20:00 - 23:00.
      Sunday : 20:00 - 23:00.
      Unlike many other guilds however, we wont be looking to closely at the written application, more on the Discord interview. This is something we do differently and we believe it sets us apart in being able to find the right people behind the in-game characters.

For any questions add Mrhappybunny#2324 or TheMoose#2428 [btag]
      Or you can simply apply at http://www.guilded.gg/#!AdMld3b7RQ
      Thanks for reading!
    • By puppetface
      <Divinitÿ> Recruiting NOW! - CORE Positions - Mon/Wed 8-10PM/Server - EST time - Starting Immediately - (Casual PvP/Raid/M+) All interested welcome!! - Seeking 1 steady Healer and some exceptional DPS for Antorus
      9/9H experienced group formed out of a mythic guild, seeking members for new tier. We're a more casual group with the intention to clear normal and heroic and start farm on it in a timely manner.
      Our guild focuses on a friendly environment with friendly officers that promotes learning and improving yourself in World of Warcraft though the character you play with us, as well as offer casual pvp and an enjoyable place to spend your time.

Reqs: Discord (must be able to atleast be in the call to listen to call-outs), DBM, being gem'd and enchanted for raid time.

PM or in-game mail Puppetbrew - Area52, Rheasa -Area52, Lexinexy - Area52 for more details or a friendly chat.