FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Argus the Unmaker Defeat Cinematic

mmKAKRT.jpg

Antorus, the Burning Throne is now open and players that slain Argus the Unmaker started uploading videos of the defeat cinematic.

Note that the videos are full of spoilers!

Our friends at MMO-Champion uploaded a cinematic played before players engage Argus the Unmaker.

Argus the Unmaker Defeat Cinematic

What exactly happened?

Illidan sacrificed himself to imprison Sargeras once and for all. The crusade is over. In his final moments, Sargeras plunged his sword into Azeroth, wounding the Titan.

lols.JPG

When we last looked at the Silithus Wound, the model of his sword was still encrypted. I believe players that defeat Argus will be able to see it, similar to how the Argus skybox was visible to players that defeated Kil'jaeden, before it was made visible to everybody.

Here's a transcript of Khadgar's new VO files:

"The Legion is defeated, its master imprisoned, but in his final spiteful act, Sargeras may have doomed us all. Our world is wounded champion. Its life essence seeps out into the sands just as Magni foresaw. This mere drop of Argus' blood surges with incredible power, the might of a titan. If the blood of Azeroth also proves to be a source of such strength, those who seek to rule this world will stop at nothing to possess it. The days ahead may be dark indeed. For now, go to Silithus. Gaze upon the wound in the world with your own eyes. We will find a way to save Azeroth, I know it."

• Like 2

"So there is a big-ass sword on the planet. What shall we do?"

"Why let's go at War with ourselves again, of course!"

Jokes aside, it was a such epic cinematic. Damn, man. The feels. I miss Illidan already.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Jokes aside, it was a such epic cinematic. Damn, man. The feels. I miss Illidan already.

I'm sure we will see why we start a war eventually. Until then, we can joke about how ridiculous it sounds. :P

I agree with the cinematic completely. This one is easily at the top of my list for the best cinematics. I've never seen anything like it. To me it even rivals the classic cinematics of wrath. Incredible.

Edited by Maxkitty

4 minutes ago, Maxkitty said:

I'm sure we will see why we start a war eventually. Until then, we can joke about how ridiculous it sounds. :P

This is the issue, even if it's clear eventually that doesn't make it any less insane. Did they learn nothing from Mists of Pandaria story telling? Even if this is the old gods doing (like we guess it should be) it makes for really lazy and shallow story crafting. They killed it with Legion, so I guess they've regained some trust... but both Panda and Warlords left them with a lot to make up for.

If they start fighting and this hole isn't totally healed and seems to be moving on, I'll lose my shit at the story. It feels so petty. Old gods powers of insanity shouldn't be a cliche as "it was all a dream" in movies. 

41 minutes ago, Laragon said:

This is the issue, even if it's clear eventually that doesn't make it any less insane. Did they learn nothing from Mists of Pandaria story telling? Even if this is the old gods doing (like we guess it should be) it makes for really lazy and shallow story crafting. They killed it with Legion, so I guess they've regained some trust... but both Panda and Warlords left them with a lot to make up for.

If they start fighting and this hole isn't totally healed and seems to be moving on, I'll lose my shit at the story. It feels so petty. Old gods powers of insanity shouldn't be a cliche as "it was all a dream" in movies. 

Frankly that is my biggest beef with the storytelling so far. Its a constant cycle of hate towards one another, big evil coming, lets partner up and be buddies, and then back to it again.

And the worse of it, is that all the reasons to ignite the conflict are painfully contrived.

I agree with many of your opinions guys. It’s just hard for me to say BfA will be a failure after seeing what they did with Legion. All we can do is wait and see. It’s too early to make judgements, and all opinions at this point are valid. 

Anyways... this post is about the cinematic, which IMO is top notch. What an end to the excellent expansion that brought WoW back from the disaster known as WoD!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Valhalen said:

The Alliance and the Horde have been at war for the entirety of Legion, with there being a big new source of power in the form of Azerite due to this cinematic, they're both warring over possession of it since it has destructive capabilities. Destructive capabilities that'd be handy in destroying the enemy faction. There was a clear and distinct focus in Legion on the fact that the Class Orders are the ones taking the responsibility and defending Azeroth since the last time the Alliance and Horde tried (Broken Shore) it failed horribly.

14 hours ago, Brauchief said:

I like how he carefully plunges his sword into Azeroth as to avoid an extinction level event.  :P

Judging on the very careful animation, it seems that WoW physics are the same as real life. Objects can only move so fast and the sword reached it's terminal velocity and you can clearly see that the very tip was burning through the atmosphere due to how fast it was moving.

• Like 2

Were I the only one jumping in my chair? Or is it because im the only lore w***e here? 

• Haha 1

On 2017-11-29 at 12:43 PM, Dabria said:

Were I the only one jumping in my chair? Or is it because im the only lore w***e here? 

Not even close my friend. I got interested in lore again when Legion popped because they made it quite interesting yet again, and boy did they end it well. 

I hear so many people complaining about how they think the story for BfA will be shit but those are the people who have for some reason not regained enough faith towards blizzard after this excellent expansion. And after how they did now, I have faith that regardless of how it plays out, it will be epic, just like this is.