FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.3.2: Silithus Wound Preview

33438-this-week-in-wow-oct-3.jpg

Learn more about the fate of Azeroth and what caused the Silithus Wound! This article is obviously full of spoilers. You have been warned!

Spoiler Alert

To put you into perspective, we started speculating that Argus the Unmaker will have a secret Mythic phase involving Sargeras. From the latest Khadgar audio files in Patch 7.3.2 (courtesy of MMO-Champion), we learned that Sargeras wounded Azeroth. Below is the full transcription:

"The Legion is defeated, its master imprisoned, but in his final spiteful act, Sargeras may have doomed us all. Our world is wounded champion. Its life essence seeps out into the sands just as Magni foresaw. This mere drop of Argus' blood surges with incredible power, the might of a titan. If the blood of Azeroth also proves to be a source of such strength, those who seek to rule this world will stop at nothing to possess it. The days ahead may be dark indeed. For now, go to Silithus. Gaze upon the wound in the world with your own eyes. We will find a way to save Azeroth, I know it."

Chaud from MMO-Champion also noticed a shirt description that has later been removed for obvious reasons:

"Before he could be taken by the remaining titans, Sargeras, the unholy leader of the Burning Legion, plunged his sword into the depths of Azeroth."

Now that we have all the background information about the Silithus Wound, let's check it out in more detail! Note that this is a phased version of Silithus that has four location entries in the game files so far:

• Silithus The Wound North Alliance
  • Silithus The Wound East Horde
  • Silithus The Wound Main
  • Silithus The Wound West

Sargeras' sword is plunged into Azeroth, but the model is still encrypted.

Screenshots

WoWScrnShot_101817_225317.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225328.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225330.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225332.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225334.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225345.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225349.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225353.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225358.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225400.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225414.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225425.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225435.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225439.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225455.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225458.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225459.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225234.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225238.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225259.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225301.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225303.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225306.jpgWoWScrnShot_101817_225315.jpg

The final titan is wounded and it's an ideal time for the Black Empire to rise! More information will be available at BlizzCon 2017. Check out the full schedule here.

• Like 1

the black crunchy part in the middle almost looks like a broken sword to me, like azeroth was literally stabbed and the blade broken off inside. 

On 10/19/2017 at 6:24 PM, Drachar said:

I would say this is an improvement for Silithus.

I can't think of anything that wouldn't be an improvement for Silithus!

...Am I the only one that's afraid we're going to see a "remake" on AQ20/40 as a tier raid next expac?    I hate AQ40 with a passion, way way way too many nights on impossible Cthun after some of the most ludicrous trash the game has ever seen :/

Edited by Migol

4 minutes ago, Migol said:

...Am I the only one that's afraid we're going to see a "remake" on AQ20/40 as a tier raid next expac?    I hate AQ40 with a passion, way way way too many nights on impossible Cthun after some of the most ludicrous trash the game has ever seen :/

To be fair, we're in the hands of a very different design team, with 12+ years of experience rather than 1 working on WoW and what it has become. They've got different resources, design philosophies, everything. 

I think a remake, if done properly, could actually turn those bad memories into something excellent.

26 minutes ago, Migol said:

Which ones, the mindflayers or the Anubis statues?

I do kinda have a sinking feeling that we're going back underground.  And since the Gurubashi are part of the Silithus lore, we might be seeing Zul'Again. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

Which ones, the mindflayers or the Anubis statues?

I do kinda have a sinking feeling that we're going back underground.  And since the Gurubashi are part of the Silithus lore, we might be seeing Zul'Again. 

I'm ready for some trolls -  there haven't been enough in Legion, mon.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

To be fair, we're in the hands of a very different design team, with 12+ years of experience rather than 1 working on WoW and what it has become. They've got different resources, design philosophies, everything. 

I think a remake, if done properly, could actually turn those bad memories into something excellent.

Well you can say that, but look at the other remakes we've gotten.   Zul'Gurub was turned into a busy-art mess.   Naxxramas became a child's level difficulty and the re-colored tier was -awful- (I played warrior which went from super-awesome gunmetal+white ghostly glow to rust with urine yellow glow...).   

The other Zul'remake wasn't so bad but it just feels cheap and there's a "not this place again" feel to it when these places become tier raids or 5-mans.

4 minutes ago, Migol said:

Well you can say that, but look at the other remakes we've gotten.   Zul'Gurub was turned into a busy-art mess. 

ZG wasn't great, I agree. For Naxx though, I feel like it's somewhat of an unfair comparison. It'd be like saying, if they remake C'thun, it won't be as hard to beat. Naxx was artificially difficult, we were awful players in Vanilla, we didn't have the same sleek, wonderful UIs with every bit of information readily at hand, there weren't insanely large raid groups to handle and such. On top of all that, things were hideously overtuned and people were hideously undergeared, simply because finding enough raiders that were geared enough wasn't going to happen. Also don't forget that things were tuned terribly. 

If they remake AQ, to make it the same as they did, they'd need to balance it 20 item levels above the average item level of those doing it, make sure that mechanics snowball beyond belief to wipe you on the smallest errors, ensure there are one-shot mechanics that capitalise on those errors, especially since you could survive it if you just had a bit more gear... I don't think that's great game design, at least IMO. 

Anyway, this is kinda going down the route of vanilla vs. modern wow, so I'll stop here. You get my point though, I hope.

On 20/10/2017 at 9:15 PM, Blainie said:

ZG wasn't great, I agree. For Naxx though, I feel like it's somewhat of an unfair comparison. It'd be like saying, if they remake C'thun, it won't be as hard to beat. Naxx was artificially difficult, we were awful players in Vanilla, we didn't have the same sleek, wonderful UIs with every bit of information readily at hand, there weren't insanely large raid groups to handle and such. On top of all that, things were hideously overtuned and people were hideously undergeared, simply because finding enough raiders that were geared enough wasn't going to happen. Also don't forget that things were tuned terribly. 

If they remake AQ, to make it the same as they did, they'd need to balance it 20 item levels above the average item level of those doing it, make sure that mechanics snowball beyond belief to wipe you on the smallest errors, ensure there are one-shot mechanics that capitalise on those errors, especially since you could survive it if you just had a bit more gear... I don't think that's great game design, at least IMO. 

Anyway, this is kinda going down the route of vanilla vs. modern wow, so I'll stop here. You get my point though, I hope.

Naxx in WoTLK was a joke. The ONLY challenge was doing undying/immortal. 

You just have to look at the damage on anub, he did around ~300 more aoe damage per tick in WoTLK compared to vanilla.

With introduction of Raid Finder and Mythic difficulty any new raid should be difficult on heroic and very hard on Mythic. To have a game where there is no challenge because you had difficulty in a raid from a previous version of the game is to reduce the game to farmville levels.

What is the point of raiding if the content isn't challenging? Just queue if LFR if you want some purple gear and then you can sit in dalaran on one of your 300 mounts with your toybox.

You people make me sick.

On 10/20/2017 at 4:15 PM, Blainie said:

Just another point to that discussion, albeit mythic raiding does require comps now vanilla was rough. I do recall (mayhaps incorrectly) that vanilla nax specifically needed 8 tanks to clear horsemen and they had to specifically be warriors because of mechanical reasons of the day. Yes now we need specific classes at times for a role it hasn't been as crazy  in awhile.