FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.3.5 Development Notes: Build 25600

HbI5jUQ.jpg

Patch 7.3.5 is now available for testing on PTR and the major focus of this week's build is zone scaling.

The 1-100 leveling experience has been redesigned. Leveling is much more fluid and players can choose, where they want to level up their characters, because zones now have level ranges with caps. As a result, loot, quests and creatures work differently in the open world. You can find more information about zone scaling in our BlizzCon post here.

In the coming weeks, Blizzard will enable Ulduar Timewalking and the new battleground for testing.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Welcome to the Patch 7.3.5 Public Test Realm! This patch includes several new updates and content, and also lays some of the groundwork for the upcoming Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Our biggest focus for testing during this PTR period will be on the new level 1-100 zone and dungeon scaling we’re introducing with 7.3.5. This is an extensive change to how loot, quests, and creatures work in the open world, so we’re going to need as much feedback as we can get about how things are working out. We’ll have some more details in the coming days about how you can best help us make sure this new feature rolls out as smoothly as possible.

Other features you’ll see on the PTR over the next few weeks include Ulduar Timewalking, a preview of the new Silithus Battleground, and a few other bits of content that get into the aftermath of the events in Antorus and set the stage for the upcoming conflict in Battle for Azeroth. Note that since development of the new expansion is now in full swing, datamining sites are likely to see some bits and pieces of features that are part of Battle for Azeroth (such as Allied Races).

As we’ve done for similar patches in Legion, we’ll be providing updates throughout the PTR process that give insight into what’s being made available for testing and what sort of feedback would be most helpful. Thanks for checking it out, and happy testing!
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

So wait, do we get some od the new Allied races in 7.3.5 or is it for the BfA launch?

I think it's a BfA feature, but maybe if you pre-purchase BfA, you will get early access to Allied Races in the pre-patch. (pure speculation)

• Like 1

Would be cool, but DH were released not long ago before launch, maybe it will be simillar. But thinking straight allied races are just "cosmetics"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Petko
      Our Mythic+ writer Petko challenged himself to earn Tormented Hero: Shadowlands Season 2 on a fresh character before the end of Season 2. Here's Episode 3 of his journey!
      The Great Challenge, from Zero to Hero
      Hey guys, Petko here! I have decided to challenge myself before the end of the current season, and earn the Tormented Hero: Shadowlands Season 2 achievement on one of my fresh characters, and since I have done it numerous times in the past, I will guide you through every step of my journey.
      In the mini-series, I share my experience and guide you through what you can do to increase your current Mythic+ Rating. The challenge would be boring without some limitations, so here they are!
      Rules of the Challenge
      If you've missed the previous two episodes of the challenge, make sure to read the articles below. They cover the basics like challenge rules, intentions, end goals, and more.
      The Great Mythic Challenge: From Zero to Hero: Episode 1 The Great Mythic Challenge: From Zero to Hero: Episode 2 Chapter 1, Episode 3
      As I come closer to collecting the best possible gear across all dungeons, I see a massive difference in the DPS. I went from 235 to 241, although there are still a few pieces that I can obtain and potentially upgrade with Valor Points from Mythic+. For the rest, of the gear, I have to rely on luck from the Great Vault since I have no other source of items but Mythic+.
      As I started to break into the +20 key level territory, I've noticed a significant improvement in the player base. Not only do players have a better understanding of their class, utility, and deal higher damage, communication, and MDT theory-crafting, something I never saw below 2,400 rating, also became more prominent. Keep in mind it took a three-week grind to reach this level, even though I had anticipated spending less time, but Alliance pugs are something really special!
      Major Challenges and Focus Goals at 2,400 Rating
      One of the major challenges I discovered during the keys around +20 level (or around 2,400 score) is that people don't understand the importance of meta picks. Of course, you can do the key without picks like Windwalker Monk or Frost Mage, but they will speed you up the dungeon even if they are below average players, simply because of how good their spec currently is.
      It gets significantly harder to complete a +20 key with complete randoms from the Group Finder tool, especially with harder affixes. Number 1 priority is to add people of "value" to your Friend List. In other words, specs/classes/players that have performed well in your past runs. That way, you can check your Friend List before searching for randoms through the LFG tool. Having a conversation about routes before your run is equally important, as there are points, where the group might want to skip specific packs, and if your group doesn't have stealth, you must save an invisibility potion and not use an offensive potion instead. Interrupting major casts is still a common issue, so make sure to save your personals to help your tank survive specific pulls. It is unlikely to deplete the key due to having low damage, it happened only once out of my 20 keys that I ran that week, if I had to give you one piece of advice, that would be, to focus on interrupting and playing it safe, rather than doing something extremely risky. It's unlikely your key will get depleted due to the lack of damage. To me, it happened just once out of 20 keys I ran that week. Focus on interrupting and play it safe rather than engaging in anything risky. You should also have essential addons installed. I have already discussed that in this article,  which is still up-to-date and relevant going forward to the next season, take 5 minutes of your time to read it and you will thank me later. What's the Next Goal?
      After earning 2,400 rating, my next goal is to get as close to 2,600 rating as possible without joining voice communication such as Battle-net voice-over, Discord, or TeamSpeak. I know it's going to be extremely hard, but I am confident in my own skills. I also believe that as soon as I get closer to +23 keys and above, I doubt I can do that without the help of voice comms or pre-mades.
      So my next goal, along with collecting all of my items from all dungeons, will be adding people to my Friend List that I consider "high value". I play most of my keys during the day, and one of the biggest problems I am facing is the lack of players on the Alliance side in the early hours of the day, compared to the Horde side, where such a thing does not exist.
      I hope this issue will be resolved with cross-faction play in the next expansion. 
      Final Thoughts
      I must admit, reaching 2,400 was harder than I had anticipated, mostly, due to my low item level gear combined with no Domination gear, and pre-mades. The challenge taught me to appreciate a lot more what I have.  Even if the gear was from Heroic Raiding, it was still a massive upgrade.
      Another major concern was gold. I need to find ways of making gold to help me fund Mythic+ consumables. 
      Stay tuned for the next episode, and thank you for reading!
    • By Stan
      In the following post, we recapped all class changes that went live in Patch 9.2 Build 42069. Take a look! 
      Mage
      Class Sets
      Fire
      Fiery Rush (4-piece set bonus) - While Combustion is active, you burn 1% of your maximum health every second causing your Fire Blast and Phoenix Flames to recharge 50% faster.  Priest
      Class Sets
      Holy
      Conversation (4-piece set bonus) - Divine Conversation increases the effectiveness of your next Holy-Word-affecting spell by 35% 60%. Shaman
      Elemental
      Storm Elemental's Wind Gust now lasts for the duration of the Elemental instead of 30 seconds. Enhancement
      Flame Shock and Frost Shock no longer share a cooldown. Class Sets
      Restoration
      Heal the Soul (4-piece set bonus) - Your Chain Heal critical hits
      reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your totems by 2 seconds. Your Healing Stream Totem, Healing Tide Totem, Mana Tide Totem,
      and Spirit Link Totem now also cast Chain Heal with 100% effectiveness when you drop them. Covenant Abilities
      Chain Harvest  Elemental: Send a wave of anima at the target, which then jumps to additional nearby targets. Deals [ 205% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage to up to 5 enemies, and restores [ 315% of Spell Power ] health to up to 5 allies. For each target critically struck, the cooldown of Chain Harvest is reduced by 5 sec.Generates 3 Maelstrom per target damaged or healed. Legendary Powers
      Splintered Elements  Normal: Each additional Lightning Bolt generated by Primordial Wave increases your Haste by 8% 10% for 10 12 sec. Restoration Shaman: Each additional Healing Wave generated by Primordial Wave increases your Haste by 8% 10% for 10 sec (development notes mention 12 seconds). Elemental Shaman: Each additional Lava Burst generated by Primordial Wave increases your Haste by 8% 10% for 10 sec (development notes mention 12 seconds). Conduits
      Elysian Dirge - Vesper Totem is  60%100% more effective against the target nearest to it. Warlock
      Legendary Powers
      Contained Perpetual Explosion - Impending Catastrophe's damage over time is increased by 125% plus 15% for each enemy target hit on the way to its final target, to a maximum of 275%. Warrior
      PvP Talents
      Death Sentence - Execute/Condemn now has a 15 yard range, causing you to charge to targets when used. Execute/Condemn charges you to targets up to 15 yards away. This effect has a 6 sec cooldown.
    • By Stan
      Creation Catalyst is a new way of crafting Tier Set armor pieces in Patch 9.2 on a cooldown.
      One of the features that haven't been tested yet on the 9.2 PTR is called Creation Catalyst.
      Creation Catalyst is a new crafting system that lets you craft tier set pieces. It serves as bad luck protection for anyone who can't obtain a particular armor slot and it's also intended for alts who want to quickly catch up on gear later in the patch.
      The Creation Catalyst system uses Cosmic Flux (new 9.2 currency) in combination with a non-set armor piece to create a Progenitor armor piece in that armor slot of the same item level. If the Great Vault gives you an item level 265 non-set chest piece, and you've collected enough Cosmic Flux and have Creation Catalyst unlocked, you can create a Progenitor armor piece that activates the new tier set bonus.
      In the latest 9.2 patch, new global strings suggest that the Creation Catalyst will have a cooldown/recharge, so the system has its limitations. The following global strings are related to Creation Catalyst:
      ERR_ITEM_CONVERSION_NO_VALID_ITEMS - You don't have any eligible items SL_SET_CONVERSION_MULTIPLE_CHARGES_REMAINING - You can upgrade %d more items after this until the Catalyst needs to recharge. SL_SET_CONVERSION_ONE_CHARGE_REMAINING - After upgrading this item, the Catalyst will need %s to recharge. L_SET_CONVERSION_RECHARGE_TIME - The Catalyst is recharging and will be functional in %s
    • By Stan
      We found some new spells related to the Jailer in this week's 9.2 PTR Build 42069 that reveal some interesting information about the encounter. Are they intended for a Mythic-only phase? The following post contains spoilers.
      Some of the spells may be intended for a Mythic-only phase.
      The first spell is referencing Azeroth and the Jailer using her energy to create an absorption shield. Maybe it's connected to the Consumed Azerite ability.

Diverted Life Shield - The Jailer draws Azeroth's energy into himself to create a shield to absorb damage. The second spell is an interesting mechanic that marks a player for death and applies Death Sentence.
      Death Sentence - The Jailer marks a player for death, inflicting 4 Shadow damage every 3 sec and growing in intensity over time. Upon removal, the player releases dark energy at nearby locations that apply Death Sentence to players struck. If the energy fails to hit at least one player, Death Sentence is applied to all players. Gaining two applications of Death Sentence kills players instantly.
    • By Starym
      With all the speculation/"leaks" surrounding the Dragon Isles and 10.0, we thought we'd take a look at a video reminding us that they were originally planned (and partially developed) to be part of Vanilla, as well as why thy were removed at a certain point in development.
      Hirumaredx dedicated a section of his "Unknown Side of WoW" series to the Dragon Isles and the actually pretty fascinating reason they were cut, which includes a big reason for WoW's overall success and popularity - namely how the much increased quest density (which came about accidentally) made the isles redundant. The video also includes a simply priceless quote from Chris Metzen on the lore, which perhaps today's Blizzard writers would do VERY well to contemplate. It's a very fast 3 minute watch so definitely check the whole thing out, with the rest of the video covering scrapped battlegrounds, humanlike undead and more.