Terkan

Another DPS help post.

4 posts in this topic

Hey, so I could really use some help with this, I'm lost trying to understand the logs and I feel like there's a lot of stuff I could improve on. Any tips or pointers at all would be really appreciated. I hope this log is of a usable kind: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kLr8fqPD9HcyTxJF

(Mine is Qraul, the only DH in the group.)

And really, if anyone would be kind enough to bother, I could really use a "teach a man to fish" scenario here, if you'll pardon the analogy. I've been meaning to learn to interpret and improve from logs but it has seemed like a kind of daunting thing to deal with.

Few notes, Garothi first:

• Why is your activity so low? There's no reason to be under 90% here.
  • Answering my own question - you could really learn from your Rogue/Warrior here. Just watching the replay, you move for tactics way too early. You have the highest mobility in the game, use it to your advantage. Stay on the boss for as long as possible before moving back to stack. Also ensure that you are as close to the boss as possible when soaking.

For Eonar:

• You have almost 0 ramp up time to your AoE, yet you never seem to be in a position of using your AoE effectively. You should be unloading your spells before your casters can finish their casts. Your Monk did exactly that, hence why he parsed so well.

General notes:

• Make sure you are casting Fury of the Illidari and Nemesis whenever possible. There are multiple fights where you miss casts of them both. Same goes for Chaos Blades.
  • What legendaries do you have available? Lacking shoulders and ring is an issue.
  • Dump fury more often. You cap out too much during fights, wasting resources.

I do lack Shoulders and Ring and I'm constantly farming Invasions, Mythic+ and buying Relinquished rings, so not sure what else to do about that.

I got my activity up on Garothi https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2QgNT8yCqAYhKPMG#fight=5 but I managed to do less DPS, I'm guessing this is due to prematurely switching out my T20 set. Should I be transitioning to a Demonic build yet or should I wait until 4 set of T21? Also, should I be using Fel Rush for DPS? The logs I've compared myself to who do better DPS than me rarely use Fel Rush so my intuition tells me not to, but all the guides recommend keeping Fel Rush from capping at 2 charges.

Edited by Terkan
Adding details.

On 12/7/2017 at 12:26 AM, Terkan said:

I do lack Shoulders and Ring and I'm constantly farming Invasions, Mythic+ and buying Relinquished rings, so not sure what else to do about that.

Just keep doing what you're doing and praying for it.

Should I be transitioning to a Demonic build yet or should I wait until 4 set of T21?

Demonic setup only works/outperforms T20 with 4-set.

Also, should I be using Fel Rush for DPS? The logs I've compared myself to who do better DPS than me rarely use Fel Rush so my intuition tells me not to, but all the guides recommend keeping Fel Rush from capping at 2 charges.

This is kind of a tough one - technically, yes, you should. Realistically, most of the time, no, you shouldn't. Fel Rush triggers an extremely small GCD, one that makes your damage per GCD second fairly high when using it, but you have to reposition yourself well otherwise it ends up being a DPS loss. If you can't reposition yourself properly, or can't rely on where you will end up being close enough to not interrupt your swing timer, then don't do it.