grumbachr

Grum's Frustration

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

I'm going to keep this short (or try to) but maybe by the end of my rant some of you might have some friendly advice.  I'm hoping for a little or I wouldn't be posting here. 

It has now been a little of a year since I started playing WoW (feels way longer than that) and I think I've identified my two biggest frustration.

First one being, doing everything solo, and having a feeling like I'm going to be stuck where I'm at forever.  It would be easy to try and guild hop, but I feel attached to my guild for two main reasons,  I've been given GM duties while the original GM handles some personal issues.  Oddly enough I'm also member with the highest guild activity points,counts for nothing I know, but reenforces my sense of loyalty to the guild.  The people in the guild are nice, sharing, friendly, there is no drama but there also really nothing happening. It would be a challenge to even get 5 us on at the same time, let alone 10 or 25.  Raiding is really where I want to be but I either try and build a raiding team in my guild or jump ship to another.  Building in my guild seems like a daunting challenge as it would take a long time. I would more than likely have to get 7+ people to for a solid raid group. 

My other frustration is a bit abstract in my head but is more to do with the WoW community than anything else. I hope it's not just me but I pick up on a general vibe in the game where people can either be lumped into two categories,  f'n newbie or elitist jerk.  I'd like to think I fall somewhere in the middle, I'm good, know 90% of what I should be doing.  I know I could improve (maybe a lot of improvement). I know some of it's my personality but this is making it a challenge to make any in game connections that might be willing to help me out some. Give me a push to take  my game to the next level.

To improve my play I could read all the website but have you seen all the information thats out there. Just look at the first post in Icy Veins "5.4 Demonology Tips and Quirks"  it massive and trying to digest all that is quiet a challenge let alone all the other info available.  It would be great to just have a few people to say "hey dumb-ass ) you're doing it wrong, try this....." (in a friendly way), but that still doesn't get me any closer to raiding. 

So in short I'm stuck in a guild going no where and I struggling to build a support group around me to make the game more accessible and fun.  Any suggestions or advice.  

Grumbachr 

(aka Tony)

[ aka dumb-ass] 

P.S. Sorry about the awful grammar.  

I'll pass along to you the most sagely advice I have been given "You can make friends or you can try to be the best."

Obviously it isn't completely black and white, but the point is you are going to meet people who you want to be around just because they are fun people to play the game with, and you will meet people who are going to help you get somewhere, and often they won't be the same types of people. I've been in many different guilds and situations before, I've been in nearly dead guilds with real life friends that rarely ever got a raid together. I've been in server first level progression guilds where raiding was like a job, and the other raiders like co-workers. and I've found guilds somewhere in the middle where I have fun with my guild mates, and the progression isn't top notch, but it's enough to keep me satisfied.

The question is, which is most important to you? You say there aren't very many people in your guild and they're rarely active. Would you still stay in contact with those people if you added them as real id friends and joined another guild? And are you willing to try something new and find a new guild? It may take some searching and you may have to give a few guilds a trial run, but I'm sure there's a guild out there where you can make some new friends and also start killing some bosses.

Also remember: It's just a game, and it's your $15/mo. Do whatever is going to make the game fun for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a growing raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of four within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.

We care more about the people we play with than their item levels or progression rankings. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      We are 7/11-Heroic 11/11-Normal ABT.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid.
      We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for raiding the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      DPS: YES. Will consider all, but would love to pick up a Hunter and a Mage for ranged, and add an Enhance Shaman, Windwalker Monk, or Survival Hunter for melee.
      Healers: YES. Looking to add a Holy Paladin to our healing core.
      Tank: NO. No current needs.

The Nitty Gritty
      If you're intrigued, please check out our wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit. This will give you the inside picture on how we operate as a raid team.
      https://www.reddit.com/r/FTH/wiki/tequilasundown

Contact Us
      You can reach us on bnet: joat#1832 & lambkill#1856
      or Discord: joat#6049 & saever#4432
    • By mikejohnson1017
      <Munificence> - US - Stormrage - is a progression-oriented Heroic & Mythic team with a tightly knit community. Our objective is to clear Heroic AOTC each tier and work our way into mythic at a practical pace. At the end of the day, the most important thing to us is that we enjoy clearing content together. We also enjoy running M+ each week and play alot of other games together in our downtime.
      Raid info & Current Progression: Thursday & Friday 9:00 pm - 12:00 EST
      We use Discord for communication.
      Currently 6/11 H Antorus
      Who were looking for: Reliable players with similar progression goals who are looking for a long-term home. Ilvl 940+, 75+ points in main weapon and some experience in a raid environment (Normal, Heroic, or Mythic)
      Tanks - standby only
      Healers - standby only
      Ranged - Hunter,Druid
      Melee - Monk,Demon Hunter,Druid
      Apply by contacting one of the officers in the guild via discord or bnet and we will get in touch with you to set up a try out with us. All classes are considered even if not listed, don't be afraid to apply if you think we are the team for you. We also offer social spots, but our social players are not considered part of the raid roster. They can earn a raid spot if they put the work in to meet our raiding standards.
      For more information or questions about us reach out to
      Bnet - Burrito1017#1537 . Zaylix#1418 . Sue#1550
      Discord - Madoxx#8317 . Zaylix#6372 . Sue#5296
    • By Imryll
      Outlawed is currently recruiting for current content and looking to increase our raiding team to progress though Antorus.  We are based on Dreanor and are a Horde guild.
      Outlawed has been together for 12 months plus and consist of a mixture of UK, EU and South Africa players, with English being the main language spoken.  We are a friendly group who would make any player feel welcome. 
      We are currently 4/11 HC Antorus and want to increase the raid team numbers.
      Currently we are  looking for ranged dps players of any spec to join the raid team.  We are also looking for a tank with a dps off spec who can cover for our current tank.  We also would like to recruit a healer again with a dps off spec.  New members would be required to be active during the week for mythic + runs and attending the majority of raids, we understand that real life comes first but require active players to help us progress through content.  All applicants must be of ilevel 940 minimum (this is easy achievable with Argus etc)
      We raid Thursday, Heroic Antorus and continue any left over content on Sunday.  Raid times are 8:00 server time to 11:00 server time on each of the days. 
      If you are interested please message Imryll in game (on every evening after finishing work) or leave your player name/realm/ilevel/spec here and I will get back to you ASAP.
      Many thanks for taking time to read this and hope to be adding some of you to our team.
      If you want to add me my battlenet is Eknz#2475
    • By Athlios
      Guild Information:
      Guild name: Gordian Knot
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Draenor (EU)
      Realm Type: Normal - PVE
      Current progress: Antorus 11/11HC, ToS 6/9M, NH 6/10M, ToV 2/3M
      Raid days: Wednesday, Sunday, Monday
      Raid times: 20.00-23.00 CET
      (Full application details on website)
      Recruiting for Normal, Heroic & Mythic Raiding:
      High:
      Druid: Feral Priest: Discipline Warrior: Protection Medium:
      Monk: Windwalker Paladin: Protection Low:
      Demon Hunter: Havoc Hunter: All specs Mage: All specs Rogue: All specs These are our open spots at the moment, however, we are always interested in any player that is highly skilled, knowledgeable with their class and has positive and friendly attitude.
      Also, in order to be able to join our main team straight away, you need to meet the requirements for our current progress, which are around 935 item level equiped and around 73+ traits on your weapon.
      Any social and friendly person who wants to join us for kicks and giggles is welcome. Just poke any of our officers online and you will get an invite for a social spot (no raiding spot).
      About us:
      Gordian Knot is a 20-man semi-hardcore raiding guild that consists of experienced raiders with some of them having raiding experience as far back as Vanilla.
      We are a friendly group who enjoys World of Warcraft and loves raiding. We have fun and joke around but when bosses need to go down then all is serious! We wish for all our members to enjoy the game as much as we do and we expect raiders to maintain a 70% attendance per month.
      We also enjoy a variety of other activities such as running a lot of Mythic+ dungeons doing alt-runs, achievement runs etc.
      There are a few things we hold in high value but above else we value friendliness and politeness towards guildies and other players and skillfulness when it comes to the more serious parts of the game.
      Currently :
      We raid 3 nights a week, Wednesdays, Sundays and Mondays, from 20:00 till 23:00 server time.
      Although we are a 20-man guild, we usually run an extra group in order to get more people to experience the joys of raiding, help new raiders learn the Knot's way to down bosses and gearing up. Usually, these runs happen on Thursdays. Also, every Friday and sometimes Saturdays too, we're on RBGs killing alliance scums!
      Saturdays are generally left for those RBGs or older content runs for fun and drinking!
      Our current guild progress is 11/11 on Antorus heroic, and we're focusing on getting further Mythic progress. Our aim is to always progress as much as possible but also to have a relaxed and fun atmosphere at the same time!
      If you're interested in joining Gordian Knot, please fill in our application form, located at http://gordian-knot.eu/apply/, alternatively please whisper one of our officers:
      Jenquai - Athlios#2283
      Leleko - Leleko#2235
      Narweena - Sephyra#2517
      or contact me on discord Athlios#0153
      PS. We're always open to group applications or guild merging discussions.
      We are also open and welcome social applications.
    • By Chumani

***LEAKED IMAGE OF 1st RAID BOSS IN NEW VANILLA SERVERS***

**11/11 N Antorus as of 12/3/17** 
      Raid times   630 - 830pst    Tues/Thur/Sun        Alt/casual raid    630 - 830pst  Mon
      Hai Raiders! Looking for a guild you can call home?? Looking for a guild you can raid with?? Looking for a guild thats active?? Mature and Fun?? Look no more!

Corrupted Destiny guild is looking for YOU!! Are you wanting to raid and havnt been able to? Maybe you need a guild that does..... Hope to log in and see other guild members online?? Maybe you need a guild that its possible in! We are one of Skywall's oldest guilds. We have watched them come and go and yet we remain strong! We feel as if we are a family.... you will too! We are getting ready for Antorus the Burning Throne raid incoming soon! Come and join us and help us kick ass in there! Casual raider? Non raider? Come join us anyway, run our lesser raids just to get some gear or to gear up your alt!!

We have been here for a long time.... Come and join us and you will immediately know why this is so!

Im Chu.... and I am waiting for you!!

Chu#12466 - Deni#1743
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366 

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=248100