FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
DirtyFred

This is how Blizzard Customer Support treats you:

This is how Blizzard Customer Support treats you:

Long story short, I was spamming the world chat, several people reported me and that's why I have got a 24h silence. That is totally correct and I have read the EULA and fully respect the rules of the game.

The silence ban has started and when I tried to say something in chat it says: "Your chat and mail privileges have been temporarily suspended pending Game Master review". Which means that the report case has not yet been reviewed, and I have already got silenced, which is odd, because what if I get a group of people and report someone who did nothing wrong and he gets 24h silence and he needs to wait until his case is reviewed?

Anyways the 24h almost passed, and the game gave me the same message that I mentioned above, so I opened a ticket to ask when do my case will get reviewed, and what can I do.

The first customer support guy overturned (stopped) the silence ban without any problem. I reopened the ticket to ask several questions about this issue.

This reopened ticked was reviewed by another customer support guy, who said that he reviewed my case, and applied the 24h silence ban once again. (Which is totally wrong and incorrect, because I have already had my 24h silence punishment).I have reopened the ticket, and told them that this is not correct and how come that now I am punished with a 48h silence ban overall, and asked them to remove the silence.

The last customer support guy who reviewed this ticket says that the first 24h silence was overturned before it was over, and that is why the 24 silence was re applied once again and closed the ticket so I cannot say anything else.

Once again, I totally understand that my actions were against the rules and I deserve the 24h punishment, but not 48h just because a customer support guy is incompetent and does not care about us and just applies the ban once again.

This kind of customer support behaviour is not at Blizzard's level, at least i thought so, and it is pathetic and disgusting.

Please share this because it can happen to you and anyone.

"pathetic and disgusting" ? "incompetent" ? Well if you were that angry i wouldn't be that surprised they weren't really keen on helping you.

But hey, Nothing seems excessively wrong here. You were already silenced because the ban is here as a base punishment, with more coming if a GM sees a problem (like, if you do that every week), and if nothing is wrong, then it just expires and you keep going.

The ban was reinstated because they have rules, and if they begin to take bans off for everybody, then GMs will lose any kind of respect/fear they have from the players, and bans will become no more than a small problem, and won't be seen as a punishment anymore.

Don't try to fiddle with stuff like that, it'll never work in your favor.

I'll also add i've had lots of problems on my account over the years (i buy a lot of character serivces), and the customer service was always very helpful and friendly, so i'm more enclined to believe you were the problem.

Edited by Baguettson

6 hours ago, Baguettson said:

"pathetic and disgusting" ? "incompetent" ? Well if you were that angry i wouldn't be that surprised they weren't really keen on helping you.

But hey, Nothing seems excessively wrong here. You were already silenced because the ban is here as a base punishment, with more coming if a GM sees a problem (like, if you do that every week), and if nothing is wrong, then it just expires and you keep going.

The ban was reinstated because they have rules, and if they begin to take bans off for everybody, then GMs will lose any kind of respect/fear they have from the players, and bans will become no more than a small problem, and won't be seen as a punishment anymore.

I'll also add i've had lots of problems on my account over the years (i buy a lot of character serivces), and the customer service was always very helpful and friendly, so i'm more enclined to believe you were the problem.

I totally understand your point of view and the Customer Service's point of view.

But as i already described in the post, the first 24h almost passed(like 20h) and then the other guys just applied 24h once again because it was overturned before it expired, and THIS is not correct however you look at it.

19 hours ago, Baguettson said:

Not to turn this into a big rant, but first, the OP "fully respects the rules" yet breaks them. As he said in the second sentence. So after that it's just whining, I'm sorry but his post wasn't worth reading after that lie.

Second, Blizzard customer support is absolutely the worst there is anywhere. From just plain ignoring you to lying to you, to ignoring thousands of users who report the same exact issue, and plead for at LEAST some acknowledgement from Blizzard that never happens, to this auto-chat-ban bullshit without review (go watch the video the guy did about this very subject right after they initiated it, and proved flatout that Blizzard lied through their teeth about how it was implemented), Blizzard support is absolutely atrocious.

Now, I could most certainly back up every word I said, with copies and transcripts of several of my exchanges over the years with them, but it's just a huge waste of my time to do it.

I've gotten fair support from them twice out of about 10 times I had to open tickets in the last 3 years, and it was completely pathetic otherwise.

Yep, your mileage may vary, but mine didn't.

Lastly, whining threads like this should be deleted by the moderators on IV before they are allowed to progress. Don't care if my post is deleted, but I did want to respond to both of these guys :) But again, after reading the first two sentences from the OP, this should have been nixed right away.

Edited by smtips

I do understand that you feel mistreated by support due to double punishment. But i think a 24h chat-ban is a marginal punishment. Even 48h is really fair and you should take it "like a man" (nothing against women if someone likes to blame me for that expression :-)). 

People who don't know how to behave should be happy to get even 1min of support. Furthermore I can't agree to your statements smtips. But i respect your view and it is really sad if you made such experience. In each case i needed support, GM was VERY friendly and tried to solve my problem, even if it wasn't caused by WOW. Sometimes they couldn't help me...but this was not due to missing motivation. They have to follow some guidelines as every employee.

2 hours ago, Quickly said:

So, why didn't you just remain silent when the 1st rep lifted the 24hr silence? 

That's what I was wondering as well.

Or even better, why not just ride out the last 4 hours of the 24 hour silence ban, instead of getting Blizzard involved, again?

Was it crucial to get those 4 hours for some reason, other than impatience?

On 12/27/2017 at 1:54 PM, Quickly said:

So, why didn't you just remain silent when the 1st rep lifted the 24hr silence? 

There must be another piece to this story. There's absolutely no reason to reopen a ticket asking why they let you off your punishment early and, if you did do that, I can't see a Blizzard rep deciding to silence you for another 24 hours for no reason other than 'you didn't get enough punishment'. 

Also, OP - what did you feel the need to ask after getting unsilenced early? You say you had several questions, but I can't think of any you'd need to ask at that point. 

On 13.12.2017 at 8:23 PM, DirtyFred said:

The first customer support guy overturned (stopped) the silence ban without any problem. I reopened the ticket to ask several questions about this issue.

See, and there is the problem. You aren't telling the full story.

If this was just about the silence, you wuld have been silent at this point. The ban was lifted and all was good.

But if you pressed the issue, they might have been annoyed by you. We furthermore do not know the language you used. But judging from your post, it might have been overly agressive.

So now try to get into the head of the CS rep. Someone was silenced, he already broke the rules. The ban was lifted, and now he is pestering you again with it, probably in a tone that isn't appropriate. I'd ban you again, too, if it seems you are argumentative and haven't learned the lesson yet. I can't imagine why you would have several follow-up questions about it. at least non that are constructive and aren't wasting their time.

I hardly see anything  wrong with what they did. You were the one pressing the issue and pestering them with it after they had already reviewed it.

Edited by Netzwerg

On 05/01/2018 at 10:28 PM, PatrickHenry said:

Obvious troll is obvious.

Capture.PNG

You'd be surprised how often we get these posts, honestly.

• Sad 1