AngelaMerkel

WW monk for 5.4

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hello fellow monks.

I have a question regarding stats for WW monk. i have been stacking mastery since the new patch, as i read that was the new go to stat. I have now a few weeks later taken a look again and people are saying its our worst stat. So i tried to reforge the mastery to haste and crit and gave a go on dummy. I cant nearly burst as much dmg and overall of a 6 min dummy session with both stats i do 10k less with haste than mastery. Am i playing monk all wrong or is it just random (crits / tigereye brew procs) 

and is mastery really our worst stat? 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Ang%C3%A9lamerkel/simple armory if needed

You don't need a lot of Haste, just enough for max efficiency with Chi spending for max TE generation.. that should be around 6k or even less depending on your comfort level. After that Crit is considered to be the "best" stat, but only up to the 57% crit cap for dual wielders. After that point you can switch to Mastery. Whichever way you go with it, I think you could benefit from a more unified gemming strategy. You seem to be favoring Agility, as too does the writer of the Icy-Veins guide, but I counted 7 gem slots where you're running a gem without Agility on it, which is at least 560 Agility being left on the table.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this