FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sw4rml0gic

Issue with low dps - please help!

Good evening everyone,

Please find my log here:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/haNfwb9kmFWqLJyv/#fight=5

Extraxi is the name you're looking for.

I'm the only MM hunter left in my raid as everyone's abandoned to go BM, but I'm pretty sure I can be pulling higher dps than I am. I know I make mistakes periodically, but I was wondering if anyone could take a look to see if I'm doing something drastically wrong that I'm not aware of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, 

sw4rm

Edited by sw4rml0gic

Well the rest of your guild is crazy then because BM is literally the worst dps spec in the game at the moment. The only fight I would rather play BM on is mythic felhounds purely because the movement on the fire add is horrendous.

You don't have any T20, that's going to be a pretty big impact, T20 2pc is really really strong.

You only have 2pc T21.

You were running volley on an ST fight for Worldbreaker - Volley vs AmoC isn't the biggest thing, but AmoC procs your Owl trinket for extra ticks when you use it, and it really helps build your Bullseye stacks faster in execute.

You didn't make good use of your Trueshot cooldowns at all, I didn't even think you'd popped it until I looked for it.

Your aimed shot damage is quite a lot lower than it should be for your ilvl, especially in relation to your other abilities.

I'm going to assume you're using Sephuz because you have no other alternative, but I'd really be trying to grind out legendaries for the Soul of the Huntmaster if possible, you're going to want that extra mastery and Lock n Load makes for quite a nice added dps bonus.

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/haNfwb9kmFWqLJyv/5/53 you're not utilising patient sniper/vulnerable effectively at all. You have 24% haste so this should not be an issue for you at all. Your vulnerable windows should look like one of the following:

• Marked shot -> Arcane shot -> Arcane shot -> Aimed shot -> Aimed shot
  • Windburst -> Arcane shot -> Arcane shot -> Arcane shot -> Aimed shot -> Aimed shot

Either of those can change, and if you're above 90 focus when you hit arcane shot, skip the 2nd one and hit 3x aimed shot.

Also make sure that with your final Trueshot, you try and line it up with execute phase as best as possible, if you can, use it sub 10% of the bosses health where you can get the full 30 stacks of bullseye.

Here's a comparison to my heroic kill a few hours earlier.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/hATJ3KQbmknyPvpw/haNfwb9kmFWqLJyv#fight=3,5&type=damage-done&source=53,53 

I'd be going over the MM guide on here with a bit more of a fine-toothed comb if I were you, and REALLY focus on your trueshot rotation! It's going to be the biggest difference, the only reason my log was better than yours for the most part was because I made far more effective use of my Trueshot time.

@Luthixx Thank you very much for taking the time to go through the logs - I really appreciate the help and will make the changes advised. Hopefully I'll be able to hit you with a much better log next week! :)

I knew the trueshot was an issue and had made a WA this week to set of a siren when I'm in cb and it's off cd to hit it, but I guess I need to focus on it more.

Again, thanks a lot for the help.

Edited by sw4rml0gic

58 minutes ago, sw4rml0gic said:

I knew the trueshot was an issue and had made a WA this week to set of a siren when I'm in cb and it's off cd to hit it, but I guess I need to focus on it more.

Again, thanks a lot for the help.

Always happy to help!

It's not so much your timing of Trueshot (as in when in the fight), it's the way you use it. In the example I linked, my burst dps with trueshot was double yours, that's what made the biggest difference. Azortharion has a really well written guide on the website, learn to practise that inside and out and you'll do fine!