FORUMS
Vlad

Heroes of the Storm Blaze

Why do you recommend in your Ignite Build [Bunker Drop] and [Flash Fire] at the same time?

Thanks for pointing this out! I'll pass this onto Oxygen.

• Haha 1

Now Blaze has settled in the meta more, don't we think his guide needs some kind of update.

Level 7 is probably the most obvious talent tier to talk about, since all three talents are viable depending on circumstances? I feel there should be at least a question mark on both Crossfire and Incinerator Gauntlets? Maybe even on Grill and Kill as well, considering I see pro players pick all three talents whenever they see fit.

Personally - while I am not even close to pro level (and won't even call myself a good player), I feel the same; all three talents feel good depending on map. There are a few default picks on certain maps, like Crossfire on Battlefield of Eternity, Incinerator Gauntlets on Infernal Shrines and Grill and Kill on Cursed Hollow, but sometimes I still feel I can deviate on this because of team compositions (more fat boys on the opposing team increase the value of Crossfire) and even the way both teams play (does my own team clear camps and waveclear (if no, Incinerator Gauntlets becomes a lot more valuable), is the fight around the objective pokey (Crossfire) or brawly (Grill and Kill) and does this outweigh the waveclear needs (if no, back to Incinerator Gauntlets)). However, this being said, it's mostly still a gut feeling in my case because I'm still new to Blaze, though I have picked all three talents a few times now. But I just wanted to spark some discussion about this talent tier on Blaze, because I feel it is nowhere near as clear cut as the guide makes it appear.

Edited by Aasgier

46 minutes ago, Aasgier said:

Now Blaze has settled in the meta more, don't we think his guide needs some kind of update.

Level 7 is probably the most obvious talent tier to talk about, since all three talents are viable depending on circumstances? I feel there should be at least a question mark on both Crossfire and Incinerator Gauntlets? Maybe even on Grill and Kill as well, considering I see pro players pick all three talents whenever they see fit.

I consider Grill and KillGrill and Kill the undisputed champion of level 7 because after you complete the quest it will boost both Blaze damage output and survivability (higher duration when ignited equals to more damage and self-healing). I can see Incinerator GauntletsIncinerator Gauntlets being particularly more powerful on Tomb of the Spider Queen and Haunted Mines, though, as both have more emphasis killing minions more than any other maps.

3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

I consider Grill and KillGrill and Kill the undisputed champion of level 7 because after you complete the quest it will boost both Blaze damage output and survivability (higher duration when ignited equals to more damage and self-healing). I can see Incinerator GauntletsIncinerator Gauntlets being particularly more powerful on Tomb of the Spider Queen and Haunted Mines, though, as both have more emphasis killing minions more than any other maps.

Incinerator Gauntlets is very valuable if you're double-soaking, which Blaze usually does, especially on maps like Towers of Doom and Blackheart Bay (fxxk this map btw). It gives you more waveclear, and preserves your mana because you don't need to use your Q to ignite every single oil.

10 hours ago, ShadowerDerek said:

Incinerator Gauntlets is very valuable if you're double-soaking, which Blaze usually does, especially on maps like Towers of Doom and Blackheart Bay (fxxk this map btw). It gives you more waveclear, and preserves your mana because you don't need to use your Q to ignite every single oil.

On Blackheart's Bay Incinerator Gauntlets also helps with clearing the small camps quickly, further adding to the value of this talent.

Also, Crossfire is indeed picked in pro games for Immortal racing in BoE. It's niche, but it still has its place. 

Generally, Grill and Kill is more versatile, and might be preferred in HL because of unreliable teammates. But in coordinated games, the other two talents can provide valuable utilities.