Stan

All Zones Have Chapters in Patch 7.3.5

10 posts in this topic

f7utxHT.jpg

With zone scaling coming in 7.3.5, zones no longer have a fixed amount of quests that need to be completed in order to get credit toward achievements like Loremaster of Eastern KingdomsLoremaster of Eastern KingdomsLoremaster of KalimdorLoremaster of Kalimdor & Loremaster of OutlandLoremaster of Outland. A small, but noticeable change for anyone working toward The LoremasterThe Loremaster achievement. All zones now have story chapters.

Instead of having to complete 120 quests in Netherstorm (Into the NetherInto the Nether) to get credit toward Loremaster of OutlandLoremaster of Outlandyou must now complete individual story chapters (Into the NetherInto the Nether), just like in Legion and previous expansions. Achievement credit is obviously account-wide and those who completed the achievements prior to the release of 7.3.5 won't need to complete them again.

WoWScrnShot_011118_170526.jpg

• Like 4

That's actually a really nice thing! Since the introduction of this feature I found questing to be more trackable and you could better understand in which way the "story" progressed

• Like 4

I had thought about this two days ago, I'm glad it is added as a feature :3

This is a really nice addition. I might be able to finish all my Loremaster stuff now :-) I did a lot of the achievements a ways back but never finished Outland for example.

Searching for those last few quests to complete a zone was no small feat at times ;-) At least it felt that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caeren said:

This is a really nice addition. I might be able to finish all my Loremaster stuff now :-) I did a lot of the achievements a ways back but never finished Outland for example.

Searching for those last few quests to complete a zone was no small feat at times ;-) At least it felt that way.

IV have a quest checker if you're just missing one or two. it's not perfect but did the job for my wife :)

51 minutes ago, Bobbis said:

IV have a quest checker if you're just missing one or two. it's not perfect but did the job for my wife :)

Thanks, but I have forgone my completionist days :-)

I'm missing a lot of the Kalimdor quests, I look forward to zone scaling, particularly in zones with grindy world drops for toys and pets, for characters that I simply cannot be fucked playing through MoP and Warlords content, which is generally when I hit my wall on levelling alts. 

edit: assuming I get experience from zone scaling..?

Edited by Plergoth

A question that came to my mind: Does it track the progress you have already made in these Zones with older characters? I mean like I have some chars that have completed parts of certain questing zones from older content. Mostly without completing them. Will I be able to see how far I have progressed?

What sucks is the connection between certain areas (Westfall & Duskwood). Did the Duskwood area on an Alliance  toon on a different server right after the new changes came around. Yesterday i finished Westfall on an other Alliance toon and while i have both achieves checked,it's not showing up on the Loremaster meta. Anybody else got a problem with this?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      No more Battle Chests or purchasing previous expansions, all you need is an active subscription!
      Well, no one has to to buy base WoW anymore, ever! Everything you need to do to play up until the upcoming expansion, Battle for Azeroth, is an active subscription. No more battle chests and individual purchases, just pay that monthly fee and access the entire game as it is at the moment, with nothing missing until August 14th, when you'll have to buy BfA for the new content. Additional digital deluxe items from each expansion are available at the Blizzard shop individually, but it's now easier than ever to jump into the game and just start playing.
      Recruit a Friend has also been updated:

Source: r/wow.
    • By Stan
      We found a cutscene with Vol'jin that presumably takes place after players defeat Blood God G'huun in Battle for Azeroth or at the end of the Zandalar Forever Scenario. This article contains spoilers.
      Now, remember this is an Old God expansion and we can't be exactly sure if it's really the good old Vol'jin or some sort of illusion that we're dealing with here.
      In the cutscene, Spirit of Vol'jin tells Princess Talanji to become the leader of her people and show them some sort of blade that was possibly used to kill G'huun. It's interesting to see that King Rastakhan does not appear here, suggesting he might be dead and it might be the right time for Princess Talanji to take over. The cutscene is a throwback to to the Black Panther movie. Credit to LeystTV for the video.
      Transcript
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Show dem, leader of Zandalar. Show da blade to those dat need to see it da most. Give dem peace. 
      Princess Talanji: Dis was not my achievement.
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Ya brought de champion to dese shores against ya father's will. Ya learned da secrets of G'huun when no one be listenin'.
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Ya set in motion what be needed ta save ya people. Now, more than ever, dey be callin' for a leader dey can love and trust.
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Show dem da blade. Become da symbol dey need.
      Princes Talanji: Behold de blood of G'huun. By his will were borne de deaths of Shadra, Hi'reek, Torga, and ...and Rezan.
      Princess Talanji: By his will were borne de deaths of so many of our brothers and sisters.
      Princess Talanji: Let dis glaive be displayed as a reminder dat no matter how far we fall, no matter how much we lose, we are Zandalari! We adapt, we find a way to survive!
      Princess Talanji: If it were not for dis hero of de Horde, our losses would have been far worse. DIs proves, more than ever, dat it is time for us to adapt, to become part of de world again.
      Princess Talanji: Zandalar forever!
    • By Starym
      The patch is now live on EU, NA and AU servers, after some difficulties with offline realms and connectivity issues, so Blizzard have shared some known issues as well as some additional info on upcoming hotfixes for BoA legendary acquisition via Wakening Essences and the honor/prestige level changes.
      Known Issues (source)
      Hello all,
      Below is a list of known issues for patch 8.0.1. Please note that this list is not a complete depiction of what we're aware of, but a sampling of issues we believe players may encounter more often. We'll try to keep this updated with trending issues when possible.
      General
      Mounts: Gladiator's Proto-Drakes do not display information on how to obtain mounts in journal.
      Sometimes when summoning a player as they change zones, the summon prompt will not appear.
      Stat & Spell Squish Impacts
      There are multiple issues with legacy spells & monsters scaling incorrectly.
      Dungeon and Raid
      Legacy Loot: Many raid creatures no longer drop gold.
      Highmaul: Highmaul bosses are not dropping the appropriate amount of gold when the raid is set to mythic.Dungeon Journal - Baradin Hold: There exists an option to view Baradin Hold in 10/25 man Heroic even though the difficulty does not exist.
      A Lua error may occur if you try viewing the dungeon journal from the bonus roll prompt while outside of the instance.
      Communities/Guilds/Groups/UI
      Communities will reference "Starter Edition" accounts as "Veteran Trial".
      Guild: Inviting players who are currently in your group to a guild may produce an assertion.
      Opening the Character Pane after equipping a newly acquired item on a character may result in a crash.
      Looting the corpse after a boss encounter while in a group may produce an assertion.
      Communities: Blank spaces will appear in Guild rosters if players have not logged in for multiple years.
      Players may be unable to whisper cross realm when selecting whisper from Communities UI.
      Compatibility
      DX12: Intel PSO caching issue with Intel unreleased driver.
      DX12: Crash may occur when game uses more GPU Memory than hardware allows.
      Performance on some GPUs while using DX12 is lower than DX11.
      And here are some previous tweets we already covered, so you're up to date on everything in case you missed it, featuring Allied Race unlock requirements, Brawler's Guild currency conversion and Mythic mounts:
      You can also check out the patch notes here.
    • By Stan
      The worldwide release of the pre-patch has not gone as smoothly as Blizzard would have liked and the Communities feature had to be completely disabled in Europe for now.
      Check out the list of known issues for problems that emerged after launch.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hi everyone,

So, as you’ve noticed, today’s patch release has not gone nearly as smoothly as we would have liked. We’re sorry for how this has affected the stability and playability of the game while these issues have been ongoing. This has obviously not been the launch that any of us wanted.

That said, we want you to know that there are currently several teams of people working hard to get you back in Azeroth and enjoying the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch as quickly as possible. We’ll share more details in this thread when we can.

Thanks for your patience,

The World of Warcraft Team Blizzard's working on a fix to enable the WoW Communities feature in EU. The in-game and guild chat channels remain are still available for use.
      Blizzard (Source)
      As we work to identify the cause of these issues, we will be temporarily disabling the World of Warcraft Communities feature. The in-game and guild chat channels will still be available for use. The Guild Calendar may also be missing events while we address these concerns.