FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Caleine

Need help with Tiers 21-4 bonus and simulator

Hi!

I am completely lost...

When I read the subtlety Rogue guid, they explain when you have Tier 21-4 piece bonus, your first stat is critical and you have to change your Tier 1 (leve15) Talents by Gloomblade. But when I use the simulator in shadowcraft.com. I completely loose dps if I choose Gloomblade and my first stat is not critical, but still mastery.

Do you know why Gloomblade is efficient with Tier 21-4 bonus?

Is the Icy Veins’s guid is not up to date?

Do you know a reliable simulator in a website? Shadowcraft?

Thank you very much for your help.

My rogue is Kälen - Server: Medivh (EU)

Edited by Caleine

13 hours ago, Caleine said:

Hi!

I am completely lost...

When I read the subtlety Rogue guid, they explain when you have Tier 21-4 piece bonus, your first stat is critical and you have to change your Tier 1 (leve15) Talents by Gloomblade. But when I use the simulator in shadowcraft.com. I completely loose dps if I choose Gloomblade and my first stat is not critical, but still mastery.

Do you know why Gloomblade is efficient with Tier 21-4 bonus?

Is the Icy Veins’s guid is not up to date?

Do you know a reliable simulator in a website? Shadowcraft?

Thank you very much for your help.

My rogue is Kälen - Server: Medivh (EU)

The Icy Veins guide isn't wrong necessarily, but there are a huge variety of things which can impact which build is best for you. 

Gloomblade really only pulls ahead in some specific situations, such as if you have 4pc t21 + 2pc t20 and run the Ravenholdt and Vigor rings, or just have an astronomical amount of Haste in general. 

Even then though, there is only really a minor difference, and some people find that the playability of Gloomblade is simply easier. If Sims tell you that not running Gloomblade is better, but you're playing distracted for some reason, you will likely still out-perform the more difficult alternative builds playing Gloomblade.

There are all kinds of different setups which may be better or worse for your specific character, so always trust your own Sims and run what is best for you

As for Simulation / help websites, you have 3 options which are all run by (or have the Rogue profiles updated by) the same group of people: Raidbots (cloud-based Simulationcraft website), Shadowcraft (Rogue-only Sim profiles), and Hero Damage (quick reference charts and generic Sim results). I would recommend a combination of Hero Damage and Raidbots - HD to give you a starting point and see which builds you should be aiming for given your current gear setup (or what gear you should be looking for if you want to run a particular build), and Raidbots to actually run Simulations for your own character in order to find out what your own stat weights are and which builds perform better for your current setup

• Like 1