FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tupi

February Contest

4. How to Enter. For Entrants who are players of Blizzard Entertainment’s interactive software program, Hearthstone® (the “Game”), a daily quest will be available for completion each day during the Contest in the Game. When the Entrant completes the quest, the Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Entrants are limited to one (1) entry per day during the Contest Period.

Unfortunately, I read that to mean that there were to be specific quests for the contest. I already did my daily quest for today earlier this morning. :(

Hey, I find it all confusing.

There was no patch so far, but in game a banner implying the event started. So I'm totally not sure and the Mammoth budle which are related to the event are not there and they were meant to be available with the next patch, I was assuming it means patch and event will start at the same time.

it's weird that the Bundle isn't in the Shop yet, I mean it should have been. I guess it will be added along with the patch. I was mistaken in thinking that the patch would go live is this week.

The problem is the contest/giveaway though. There is no way to tell if your daily entry has been accounted for. For example, yesterday I did my daily after 17:00 GMT, the banner in the client was visible so I guess it counted. But today, do I need to wait to do Friday's daily exactly 24 hours after the previous one so it can count?

The chance of winning any of the prizes is pretty much non-existant. I think people have estimated it to be less than 1% with 14 entries for a single player. Imagine all the people using bots and what-not for it. Plus, in some countries you may even have to pay taxes for winning the grand prize - just the thought of this is ridiculous.

It's obvious that this ruse of an event is all about Blizzard getting as many people to buy their Mammoth Bundle as possible. And trust me, they will sell a lot of Bundles.

TL;DR: I think everyone should ignore this contest and just continue their normal routine with Hearthstone. You won't win.

• Like 1

well, it's like everything in Hearthstone, and WoW for that matter, it's based more on luck than everything else and the pavlovian 'maybe there will be a legendary in that pack'.

I do normally play the daily quests as I'm mostly a F2P player and if I win something, then great. I'm certainly not believing I will win a damn thing.

It is disappointing that things seem to be wonky with the release of this and the patch...both were supposed to hit on the first afaik.

I will probably spend the $20 on the 30 packs as that is as good a value as we've gotten so far on them. 

I will buy the bundle because it's at 50% sale. Normally, I buy 20€=15 packs, so 20€=30 pack is very good. And I'll try to do the daily quest, because I always try to do the quests every day. But I don't think I'll win anything :)

On 2/2/2018 at 5:31 PM, Caldyrvan said:

AND THE GRAND WINNER IS ....

Blizzard Entertainment‼

Edited by Tupi
funky shit with interface

so, yea. Blizz is the 'house' and the house always wins. lol.

I did just buy the 30 packs since the patch updated.

Notable: 1 gold common, 1 gold rare, 3 epics, 2 legendaries: Jaina and the priest quest card.

A total of 1250 dust including the dust from the 2 golds.

I think it's rigged a bit, the first pack I opened (ungoro) had rare, epic and priest quest legendary card. Didn't get the 2nd legendary till the last Frozen Throne card and the K&C pack were all meh except for gold rare and 1 epic.

on the plus side, I went from Rank 20() to 16(**) with no losses this morning on my spellhuntard

• Like 1

Congratulations :)

And about the packs, the average amount of epic/legendary cards is per packs of the same set.

So you could get 50 packs (10 packs of 5 different sets) and still be without a legend.

i just thought it was interesting that the first pack opened out of them all rolled really high and then the rest of them were as expected.

but, i get what you're saying about the same set

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Congratulations :)

And about the packs, the average amount of epic/legendary cards is per packs of the same set.

So you could get 50 packs (10 packs of 5 different sets) and still be without a legend.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment... and have money and time to waste, I decided to track a few "mass openings" and see what kind of card packs I got - here's 3 of the results:

KFT: 24 of 60 had extra
Extra Rare: 4
Extra Rare, Golden: 3
2x Epic: 1
Rare + Epic: 7
Rare + Golden Epic: 1
Golden Rare + Epic: 1
Rare + Legendary: 1
Rare, GRare, GCommon: 1
2x Rare + Legendary: 1
Rare + 2x GCommon: 2
Rare, Epic, GCommon: 1