FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionus

Funny Sonya quote

Uncommon Patron

Recently, I was playing with Sonya. While in mid-game and after hearthing back to the core, she more or less quoted Conan's prayer to Crom from the movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

This is the original : "Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then the HELL with you!"

I didn't realize that at first, but I am sure that at the end she said something like : "Grant me a better MMR" instead of 'revenge'

Now my questions:

Did anyone else notice quotes like these ?

What heroes have them ?

How do you trigger them (if at all) ?

When I first started playing with Sonya I used to hear this all the time. I think it has to do with, like any other 'secret voice line' in a blizzard game, clicking on the unit a lot in sequence. I would hear her say this constantly while I was spaming Seismic Slam on targets. She's the only hero that has an ability I can spam like that so I don't know if any others have secret voice lines, but I think I may go into Try Mode with some to find out :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cheeks
      RECRUITING
      Primary Language: English
      Raids per week: 2
      Playstyle: Casual
      Discord - https://discord.gg/feTswkz 
      Hello everyone
      Zeus has been around since 2006 and to this day continues to grow and progress through new content, We are proud of our laid back, respectful and fun environment yet our mythic team is well focused and committed to doing the best it can and progressing at our own speed. We are looking for mature players from all walks of wow life to join us, also welcoming social players who also enjoy casual & alt raids, levelling & mythic+ etc.
      Currently 5/8 Mythic - 8/8 Heroic.
      We have built the best team that we can with solid raid leaders and in return we expect each raider to put in equal amounts of effort to keep there class up to date, be well prepared and so on.

For main team we are currently considering all dps classes however Mage is priority at this time.
      We have the following raid schedule
      20.30 -23.00 ST Wednesday 20.30 -23.00 ST Sunday We run a weekly social event each Friday, all members are welcome to join.
      21.00 ST Friday Please contact any officer in Discord or in game if you have any interest in raiding in Dragonflight with us
    • By FoxShine
      To apply: https://goo.gl/forms/YbKQRIcEyXt0XAaC2
      Hello!! This is Starby from Velocity on Sargeras[A]. We're an established guild, that does mythic raiding in the morning/daytime. We're looking to enhance our roster with skilled and reliable players. If you're a mythic raider looking for a fresh start with BFA, and are interested in morning/daytime raiding -- check out Velocity!
      The goal of Velocity is to take down mythic bosses and have fun in the process. We’re searching for like-minded players who are interested in playing at a high level in a laid-back environment. If you can joke around, then focus up when you need to; this is the guild for you. 
      Our main roster is composed of veteran players. Some of us have been playing together for a little over a year. We have a solid core for our dream team – we’re simply looking for a few more to round us out! 
        [A] <Velocity> 6/9M 9/9H (7/8M)

Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs 
        Recruitment Needs
      Ranged  –  Shadow Priest, Warlock, Mage
      Melee – *filtered* Rogue
      Healer – Disc Priest, Resto Sham

**** Offspecs are a huge plus!!

Requirements
      Some Mythic raiding experienced. Being relatively active outside of raid is preferred. Able to focus while joking around, and vica versa.

Attendance
      We're dedicated and ambitious players, so commitment to our raid times is necessary. We’re interested in consistent players who are realistic about their day-to-day schedule. Raiders have to communicate in the event of tardiness or absences. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask for is a heads up!

Trial Period
      Demonstrate teamwork, attendance and play over  6 consecutive "raid days" (two weeks), after an agreed upon start date. 

What you can Expect from us:
      Dedicated leadership, communication, well defined goals, and a sense of community. Apart from raiding we also run M+ with each other every week.  

What we expect from you:
      Players who can survive and react to mechanics, while putting up big numbers. Many players struggle to do one, we are looking for both. Apart from this, just be a friendly. It might also be a good idea to bring a sense of humor. 
      If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Go ahead and apply online, leave a reply here and/or send us a tell on BNET/Discord. You could also go old school and send in-game mail to Starby-Sargeras or Foxshine-Sargeras! 
      To apply: https://goo.gl/forms/YbKQRIcEyXt0XAaC2
      Thanks for checking us out and we hope to see you in gchat soon. ?

BNET
      Fox#1713 (GM)
      Peach#1423 
      Ezmaya#1410 
      Mindclash#1800

Discord
      Fox#7009
      Starby#8682
    • By PinkFap
      __________________________________________________<Shiny Happy People>__________________________________________________ We're looking for more Mythic-ready raiders. Check the bottom of the page for recruitment needs and how to apply!
      Who we is:   SHP is comprised of some of the illest killas you done ever seen. We're long-time bessie amigos based on The Maelstrom EU with our WoW experience stretching as far back as Vanilla. We play many different games together but consider WoW our 'main' game. We're former hardcore, balls-to-the-wall Heroic/Mythic raiders now adopting the life of the semi-casual.   For a more in depth look at our history please visit: https://www.guilded.gg/shp/overview/about We strongly recommend you give that a read before applying. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   What we're about:   SHP is all about that primo, high octane gaming experience while having Tons of Funs™. This means we play at a high level and blaze through content at a steady pace all the while plenty of uncensored shit-talking and bants is taking place on voice comms. We pride ourselves in being able to overcome any and all challenges while cracking wise. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   But who are we looking for?   Are you able to follow simple instructions such as 'Don't do that' or 'Don't stand in that shit' or 'Don't drop that big bad AOE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RAID'? Are you able to perform dexterous movements such as sidestepping big fucking purple beams being casted in your direction? Are you able to perform complex mechanics such as pool soaking by standing COMPLETELY still? Do you often look at boss tactic videos and think to yourself 'Man aint nobody got time for any of that nonsense, I'll let the raid leaders spoonfeed me what to do'?   Then you might just be SHP material! If none of the above applies to you but you're ranged DPS and you consistently parse orange on WCLogs then you are definitely SHP material! ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ But what can we offer you?
      SHP can offer you raiding like you've never raided before. I'm talking high level play from highly skilled players proficient in both PvE and PvP. A mindset of continual self-improvement and an eye on a prize at the end of an ever-expanding horizon. Our members also regularly run high Mythic keystones to gear up alts or to hopefully get a sweet sweet Titanforged weapon.
      But no matter how difficult the content, no matter how focused we get, it is always paired with a relaxed environment, sweet tunes from our dedicated music bot and the occasional sing-a-long on our Discord voice comms.
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   When do we do what we do?   We raid Wednesdays and Mondays from 20:00 till 23:30. We also have an extra raid day at the start of a new tier on Saturdays which will convert to an optional alt-run after this period. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   Website Discord   Contact: PinkFap#2713 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   Current recruitment needs: Mostly looking for good ranged DPS of any class and melee of a select few classes to round out our roster.   For our most up-to-date recruitment needs please visit our WoWProgress page.   You can drop an application here. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    • By Snobgoblin
      Our guild is now ready for new recruits! 
      GUILD DESCRIPTION
      We strive to create a community of positive and social players that wants to experience the game together. We wish to create an environment that encourage creativity, humor and responsibility without sacrificing personal freedom. 
      In order to do this, our goals are to: 
      Make it easy to join the fun without cumbersome sign-up procedures and strict guild rules, that makes you want to quit before you get started. Empower members to influence the guild by offering a project structure for events, regular guild gatherings and votes on matters of importance. Encourage player interaction by hosting fun and creative in-game events, while also establishing a strong presence on external platforms, such as Discord. Our guild name might be a pun, but rest assured that we intend to crack a bottle, have some fun, and hopefully, meet a lot of open minded and interesting players!
      GUILD EVENTS
      We hold no illusions about attendance or rigid procedures in our guild. We will put stuff in the calendar for you to join - join if you can! 
      Events are planned on a regular basis, and can be anything, ranging from raids to PvP to pet battle tournmanets and transmog runs. Besides the recurring events, all members can suggest new ideas for events. In fact, we hope you will! 
      Durng our early stages in the game, our focus will be on events that encourages our members to get to know each other in a casual environment - so normal mode raids and dungeon runs are some of the first things we will look into. 
      We will figure out which days work best together with our fellow drunks, once we get a solid core going. 
      WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
      You should join this guild, because it offers a unique possibility of both being able to simply log on and join events that are already planned, or you can host your own events and influence the direction of the guild. 
      The guild makes it easy to join in on all the fun in WoW without dragging its members down with rigid guild structure, strict sign-up procedures or unrealistic requirements and expectations. 
      This guild is designed to be the perfect social hub for the busy but motivated WoW player, that wants to form online, or even real-life friendships, without having to be held back by an erratic and busy life. It is also an opportunity to bring out your creativity and influence your online base of operations without going through the hassle of founding your own guild. 
      Whether you struggle with time, or seek a place to invest countless hours into, we got you covered!
      CONTACT
      Reach out to either Darley, Arkolias or Anstaras for a talk :) Battletag Snobgoblin#2385
    • By NoProsHere
      Hi There,

My Name is NoProsHere and I run 8 man amateur speed tournaments several times a week.

We are a small community running 8 man tournaments on NA in the standard format. Currently running BO3's with 2 classes.

If your interested in joining us to play some fun tournaments and hang out you can see if a tournament is running on our discord.

https://discord.gg/f426vbn

Also all tournaments are streamed and commentated on twitch tv! If you see the stream active it means a tournament is currently running or searching for players

Twitch/NoProsHere

Cheers!