FORUMS
Stan

Heroes of the Storm Hotfix Notes: Mar 9

MSKG7EUORNAF1456364705258.jpg

A new round of hotfixes is here with a balance change to Sonya's Tough as Nails talent and various bug fixes.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

We’ve just released a new hotfix for Heroes of the Storm to apply a few bug fixes and introduce a balance change.

Heroes

Warrior

Sonya

KTJ5G6MTBWXD1494449265980.png

Talents

• Level 1
    • Tough as Nails (Passive)
      • No longer immediately grants 3 Physical Armor stacks upon learning the Talent.
      • Physical Armor granted per stack reduced from 75 to 60.
      • Charge cooldown increased from 12 to 16 seconds.

Bug Fixes

General

• Voice Chat: Fixed a backend issue affecting the Voice Chat service.

Heroes, Abilities, and Talents

• Medivh: Fixed an issue that prevented the Arcane Explosion Talent from dealing bonus damage if Force of Will had been cast on an allied Hero.
  • Sonya: Being hit by beam Basic Attacks, such as Tassadar’s Distortion Beam, after learning the Tough as Nails Talent will no longer grant Sonya permanent Physical Armor.
  • Sad 1

Isn't now Tough as nails worse than standard BlockBlock? Even with 100% uptime on movement speed, it takes 5.33s to get charge that's 60, instead of 75 armor. 1 extra charge is worthless after 10 seconds of fight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SleepySheepy said:

Isn't now Tough as nails worse than standard BlockBlock? Even with 100% uptime on movement speed, it takes 5.33s to get charge that's 60, instead of 75 armor. 1 extra charge is worthless after 10 seconds of fight.

Yes. You're also entering a fight with NO Block charges whatsoever, which in itself makes the old version of the talent (read; before rework) superior. 

4 hours ago, Plergoth said:

Yes. You're also entering a fight with NO Block charges whatsoever, which in itself makes the old version of the talent (read; before rework) superior. 

That doesn't matter, first part of it was "bug", as all other Block related talents when you learn them start with 0 charges. Actual fighting difference is non-existant.

PS: Didn't notice this before, HORY SHEET

• Sonya: Being hit by beam Basic Attacks, such as Tassadar’s Distortion Beam, after learning the Tough as Nails Talent will no longer grant Sonya permanent Physical Armor.
Edited by SleepySheepy

2 hours ago, SleepySheepy said:

That doesn't matter, first part of it was "bug", as all other Block related talents when you learn them start with 0 charges. Actual fighting difference is non-existant.

Yeah, you're right. I still feel a little short though coming into early game tho if I delay the pick, particularly if she's going to be going into solo lane. She's still strong but I think I preferred the 75 2x charges, it was often the better choice as Sonya's main weakness is being kited by ranged, although I suppose the meta doesn't really favour ranged AA right now to be fair. She can easily jungle, steal camps, initiate, her ults are good and landing spears is rewarding, and her level 16 is just crazy, but Nerves of Steel and Ignore Pain still seem pretty popular; I much prefer the ballsier talents, only picking the self heal at 7, and force fight through everything else. If you're deleting someone early into a team fight, you don't need a pity shield that lasts 3 seconds. 

Anyone else experiencing a bug with Medivh's Portal Mastery talent? It happens sometimes when I press '1' and 'E' at the same time. It works as if I pressed only 'E' - places portal from me to the 'E-spot', but on the '1-spot' appears a glimmering 'pattern' for a portal, and after my first pair of portals expire I can immediately place a second pair - pressing 'E' (it places from the glimmering pattern to the new 'E-spot'). So basically I get 2 pairs of portals in a row without cooldown, which is surely a bug. I can't reproduce it on demand, it happens like one of five attemps, and mostly leads to a death of my ally, who gets that glimmering pattern instead of a portal =/