FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Warcraft-Themed Episode of Family Guy Coming on April 1?

pBFyt8a.jpg

Family Guy on Twitter announced that the upcoming episode of the series might have some Warcraft references and you can watch it on Sunday, April 1.

Hopefully, this is not just an April Fools' joke. We'll need to wait and see!

The fourteenth episode of Season 16 is called "Veteran Guy".

After Peter and the guys get caught pretending to be military veterans and are found guilty of the Stolen Valor Act, a judge sentences them to join the U.S. Coast Guard in the all-new "Veteran Guy" episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, April 1 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (Source)

Placeholder for tweet 978285460022738946

4 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Why? FG sucks balls and WoW isn't what it was during the South Park episode.

Well, at least it's possible to level up just by killing boars :D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Completely agree that Family Guy is a terrible show, but it is a nice homage. I'd rather it was something by South Park again. Or even a Rick & Morty special.

12 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Completely agree that Family Guy is a terrible show, but it is a nice homage. I'd rather it was something by South Park again. Or even a Rick & Morty special.

This. Family Guy really isn’t funny at all. It gets old fast and has terrible jokes. At least shows like South Park are creative, innovative and unique, which is why I’ve continued to like it, even up to this very day. Same goes for Rick & Morty. 

Edited by Maxkitty

19 hours ago, Valhalen said:

7 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

This. Family Guy really isn’t funny at all. It gets old fast and has terrible jokes. At least shows like South Park are creative, innovative and unique, which is why I’ve continued to like it, even up to this very day. Same goes for Rick & Morty. 

Sorry going to have to disagree here, as a one time big fan of South Park it got way to dumb and offensive to stay funny for me, how you can say its creative or unique is the real joke here, South Parks whole deal is to poke fun or bash political or pop culture events, if they started doing cutaways they would be just like family guy. Family Guy might not be the best show on TV or anything but it and American Dad are still way more funny then Rick and Morty, every time I see that shit I wanna puke at how disgustingly stupid it is, I mean does Rick HAVE to belch and puke slime on himself after literally EVERY fucking word he says or are the writers that lazy to come up with actual dialogue? Lets not kid our selves ether the whole show is nothing but a rip off of Back to the Future Characters perverted into a half hour of sarcastic rants, dick and fart jokes, and offensive shock humor, I watched a few episodes and slightly chuckled at maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 things they ever said or did, it could be better with some changes, Personally I think they need to revive the Futurama Series and have them all eat there dust, but that is just my opinion.

Edited by BlakeArmentrout

18 minutes ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Sorry going to have to disagree here, as a one time big fan of South Park it got way to dumb and offensive to stay funny for me, Family Guy might not be the best show on TV or anything but it and American Dad are still way more funny then Rick and Morty, every time I see that shit I wanna puke at how disgustingly stupid it is, I mean does Rick HAVE to belch and puke slime on himself after literally EVERY fucking word he says or are the writers that lazy to come up with actual dialogue? Lets not kid our selves ether the whole show is nothing but a rip off of Back to the Future Characters perverted into a half hour of sarcastic rants, dick and fart, jokes, and offensive shock humor, I watched a few episodes and slightly chuckled at maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 things they ever said or did, it could be better with some changes, Personally I think they need to revive the Futurama Series and have them all eat there dust, but that is just my opinion.

Rick & Morty is not a rip-off, but a parody to Back to the Future. It started as a pet project of Justin Roiland, one of the show creators, and later evolved into Rick & Morty we know today.

As for Rick belching constantly, that is because it is a literal belch, as Justin Roiland (who voices Rick, Morty and pretty much 70% of the cast) actually records his lines as Rick while drinking, to capture 100% of the character's personality. In fact, 90% of Rick's lines are improvised.

Yes, Rick and Morty has a very acid type of humor, but has clever references to sci-fi movies, shows and comic books. But I respect that it is not the kind of humor that suits you. What really gives Rick & Morty a bad name is the fandom, as usual; they ruin everything.

However, I can't find American Dad nor Family Guy funny whatsoever. Sure, I respect Seth MacFarlane because like Justin Roiland he voices half of the characters, and he is very good at it. But every joke feels extremely forced, cringey and most of the episodes is Peter saying "Hey, remember that time I did X in Y with Z?"

I mean, honestly, how is this funny?

Edited by Valhalen

2 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Rick & Morty is not a rip-off, but a parody to Back to the Future. It started as a pet project of Justin Roiland, one of the show creators, and later evolved into Rick & Morty we know today.

As for Rick belching constantly, that is because it is a literal belch, as Justin Roiland (who voices Rick, Morty and pretty much 70% of the cast) actually records his lines as Rick while drinking, to capture 100% of the character's personality. In fact, 90% of Rick's lines are improvised.

Yes, Rick and Morty has a very acid type of humor, with clever references to sci-fi movies, shows and comic books. But I respect that it is not the kind of humor that suits you.

However, I can't find American Dad nor Family Guy funny whatsoever. Every joke feels extremely forced, cringey and most of the episodes is Peter saying "Hey, remember that time I did X in Y with Z?"

I agree not everything they do is funny, and my rant wasn't so much to defend Family Guy as much as it was to just point at that saying it is worse then another show that does basically the same thing in a different context does not make it more or less a better show, making a broad statement that a show sucks simply because you don't like it doesn't make it a terrible show, same goes for me as I said I might actually like Rick and Morty if they would make a few changes here and there that rub me the wrong way. I guess I have to be in the right mood for that type of "humor"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

I agree not everything they do is funny, and my rant wasn't so much to defend Family Guy as much as it was to just point at that saying it is worse then another show that does basically the same thing in a different context does not make it more or less a better show, making a broad statement that a show sucks simply because you don't like it doesn't make it a terrible show, same goes for me as I said I might actually like Rick and Morty if they would make a few changes here and there that rub me the wrong way. I guess I have to be in the right mood for that type of "humor"

I see where you getting, and I can say I agree.

To be fair, I didn't like Rick & Morty when I watched the first episode. The art looks ugly and weird and the excessive burping and drooling also bothered me. But something was catchy about it. As you progress in the series you see that Rick is basically the villain of the series, and that no one in their sanity should find him cool. Morty is the real star of the show, and it progresses with him being more confident in himself and speaking his mind as he learns all the boogaloos from Rick.

Rick & Morty is a good show because it acknowledges that Rick is a terrible human being, even though he is a super genius.

10 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

I see where you getting, and I can say I agree.

To be fair, I didn't like Rick & Morty when I watched the first episode. The art looks ugly and weird and the excessive burping and drooling also bothered me. But something was catchy about it. As you progress in the series you see that Rick is basically the villain of the series, and that no one in their sanity should find him cool. Morty is the real star of the show, and it progresses with him being more confident in himself and speaking his mind as he learns all the boogaloos from Rick.

Rick & Morty is a good show because it acknowledges that Rick is a terrible human being, even though he is a super genius.

Yes that much of the show I got, Sometimes I can even relate to Rick in a way, he is fed up with the world and pretty much don't give a fuck no more while at the same time trying to find redemption teaching Morty not to be such a whiny little bitch all the time, and that is what got me interested in giving it a try. If they would stick with that moral high ground more and do less of "lets see how gross or weird we can get today" then I would enjoy it a lot more, because as you pointed out I do enjoy some of the movie,comic,ext. references that are for the most part funny

23 hours ago, Valhalen said:

You got 1 thing right, would love another south park wow episode.

But Family guy is just as good as south park, and Rick and Morty, seriously?

Rick and morty is the worst show ever, first of all they dont have a single funny scene in ANY of the episodes.

It could be good if they told a good story however, yet they fail there aswell.

3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

To be fair, I didn't like Rick & Morty

A text about Rick and Morty beginning with "to be fair" never ends well :P 

3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Maybe my sense of humor got destroyed by all the deep fried memes I have been inhaling, but I do find that video funny, though perhaps only if you view it as an ironic joke, rather than an actual one. As I do not watch the show, it is hard to say which it is. 

Anyway, what do you guys watch these days?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Yes, Rick and Morty has a very acid type of humor, but has clever references to sci-fi movies, shows and comic books. But I respect that it is not the kind of humor that suits you. What really gives Rick & Morty a bad name is the fandom, as usual; they ruin everything.

However, I can't find American Dad nor Family Guy funny whatsoever. Sure, I respect Seth MacFarlane because like Justin Roiland he voices half of the characters, and he is very good at it. But every joke feels extremely forced, cringey and most of the episodes is Peter saying "Hey, remember that time I did X in Y with Z?"

Have you ever hear about "the absurd"? It doesn't have anything to do with anithing, and had no sen whatsoever, and that's the fun. I can agree that they had a particular sense of humor, but i'll love to see a warchraft theme chapter... I may hate that chapter too, bcose that kind of thing can go terrible wrong...

8 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

A text about Rick and Morty beginning with "to be fair" never ends well :P 

Maybe my sense of humor got destroyed by all the deep fried memes I have been inhaling, but I do find that video funny, though perhaps only if you view it as an ironic joke, rather than an actual one. As I do not watch the show, it is hard to say which it is. 

Anyway, what do you guys watch these days?

Oh no. I'm not one of "those" Rick & Morty "fans". You don't have to "be smart" to "get the show". Sure, if you understand science stuff you probably get some extra chuckles and "OH I UNDERSTAND THE REFERENCE" moments, but man, it's just a show about a drunk grandpa and his bitchy lil grandson on space multi-verse adventures. The usual stuff.

I'm not one of these types of Rick & Morty "fans" either. In fact, "Pickle Rick" is my least favorite episode, ever.

As for shows, I'm not really watching anything. Been checking some old stuff on Netflix (Fullmetal Alchemist, Avatar), but nothing to really invest my time on. Although "Violet Evergarden" is one I'll bingewatch once all the episodes are out; the animation is gorgeous. I've recently finished watching "Devilman: Crybaby" and made me wanna kill myself.

Also, that's where your nick comes from?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zephirenth said:

Guess this thread goes to show that the only objective thing about humor is that my sense of it is better than yours.

This is what i thought too. There is no "this humor is better than another". If i think its funny, then it is. If someone else calls its stupid, it is. Look at me, i really like Family Guy, but i don't like South Park. Can't tell about Rick and Morty, never tried it. 

But well, its funny to read up how you're argueing why something sucks or it's the best thing in the world!