FORUMS
Stan

Claim 7 Days of Free Game Time Until April 30

35738-class-changes-in-battle-for-azerot

Players that haven't played the game for a while can now claim 7 days of free game time until April 30, 2018.

• Open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
  • Click the glowing Gift Button located next to your BattleTag in the upper right.
  • Click Claim. A notification will pop-up whenever you have new Gifts to claim.

We're not exactly sure how long must your account be inactive in order to receive the gift, but we'll update this thread when we find out! The game time can only be redeemed until April 30, 2018.

If you decide to activate your account now, make sure to check out what's going on this week in WoW!

lols.JPG

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WraLiquid said:

It has to be at least 6 months, as my account has been inactive since early Oct and I don't have a gift sitting in that tab.

29 minutes ago, PatrickHenry said:

I had a break between cata/MoP - way longer than six months ago ;)  

DARN STILL NO FREE TIME  -  DANG U BLIZZ!!1!

It might be that this gift (Or conditions to be eligible) are triggered when the servers reboot (Including login servers?). So if you're on EU, you may have the gift waiting for you in a few hours. I stopped in January myself and haven't received the gift yet either (EU).

13 hours ago, WraLiquid said:

It has to be at least 6 months, as my account has been inactive since early Oct and I don't have a gift sitting in that tab.

Not correct. My GM has been inactive for 2 months and he got the game time today. 

Well they are prolly giving it to the people that have Legion but didnt play for a yet to be determined amount of time because they were busy with rl stuff or couldnt afford it

Uncommon Patron
3 hours ago, Nerdkartoffl said:

Always the same. If you are paying player you are fucked. Why does every company fuck the "loyal" player and only give "new" or not paying members of the community something. This is a fucking joke!

The whole purpose of the free time is to entice people back to the game. That's hardly necessary for current subscribers and totally understandable.

• Like 1

I stopped playing shortly before tomb of sargeras' raid opened, seen a bit of that new isle daily quest tower thing where everybody collaborates, done that chapel dungeon and that's decided to quit.

I received the 7 days free gift.

58 minutes ago, Calysia said:

The whole purpose of the free time is to entice people back to the game. That's hardly necessary for current subscribers and totally understandable.

However, he is not wrong.
Take a look at the advertising of banks e.g. 
A special offer with higher interest rates - only for "new" money, new accounts.
As a customer, you are already with a company - and that's why you are way less interesting then somebody else that the company MAY get as a new customer.

Sometimes it feels like a joke, I am quite with you there. You are with your bank for 20 years. Maybe even with quite some money. (Not millions, but let's say 50 000 or something like that. Sure, that's not much. But it aint nothing either.) And yet everyone who is a new client and who puts maybe 500 bucks into his account is better treated than you are.

Like I said, I understand the logic - why care about somebody who is already your client. 
Nevertheless you definitly get the (correct) impression that you are not appreciated as a client. Which may even leads to looking for a change. (Which - ironically - will make you interesting for the company who didn't care about you for years.)

12 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

However, he is not wrong.
Take a look at the advertising of banks e.g. 
A special offer with higher interest rates - only for "new" money, new accounts.
As a customer, you are already with a company - and that's why you are way less interesting then somebody else that the company MAY get as a new customer.

Sometimes it feels like a joke, I am quite with you there. You are with your bank for 20 years. Maybe even with quite some money. (Not millions, but let's say 50 000 or something like that. Sure, that's not much. But it aint nothing either.) And yet everyone who is a new client and who puts maybe 500 bucks into his account is better treated than you are.

Like I said, I understand the logic - why care about somebody who is already your client. 
Nevertheless you definitly get the (correct) impression that you are not appreciated as a client. Which may even leads to looking for a change. (Which - ironically - will make you interesting for the company who didn't care about you for years.)

Yea but this is more made for the people that stopped playing during Legion i guess rather then new players

Well, I stopped playing a little over a year ago right as Nighthold released.  No free week received here yet.  

4 hours ago, Mandibleclaw said:

I stopped playing shortly before tomb of sargeras' raid opened, seen a bit of that new isle daily quest tower thing where everybody collaborates, done that chapel dungeon and that's decided to quit.

I received the 7 days free gift.

Man, I must have stopped too late.  I stopped mid-tomb and I didn't receive it.

Edit: For those who did receive it, did you have the game installed still? I had uninstalled it.

Edited by Brauchief

1 minute ago, Sharknad0 said:

I cannot find the "Gifts" tab

Never mind. No gifts waiting. Thought my third account might (about 3 years now). May not apply since it is linked to my active account.

Hi Stan I just registered to say thank you for sharing the event that happened in April. Do you know of any future free wow game time giveaways from Blizzard will be? I haven't played in a long time and want to start back but don't have any money right now :(