FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Monster Hunt Progress Thread

We had a similar thread for the Kobolds & Catacombs Dungeon Run, so I thought I'd make the same! :)

So far, I've beaten Shaw and Toki. I cleared it with Shaw on my 2nd run, I just made my deck as aggressive as possible. Glinda is a tough fight. My advice for her: on your way pick as many Unleash the Hounds as you can, ideally you should have at least 3 copies. Then, just stay alive and grind her down. She will eventually start milling herself thanks to her cultist minions. The 4-mana 1/1 Dog with Rush that has +1/+1 for each friendly beast that has died is a great Treasure.

I don't know if I got lucky with Toki or Mage is just OP as usual, but I beat her on my first try. I just had an Elemental Spell deck. Something I noticed in the Dungeon Run too: Marin the Fox can carry games.

Tess isn't as easy as she looks. You need some games to figure out exactly the best way to abuse her Hero Power. The treasure that makes it 1 mana is good. As it happened in the Dungeon Run, the Jade Package can carry you through the Monster Hunt (sometimes you can get shitty options for Jade like multiple Shadowsteps).

Cannoneer: Try to get the 4/3 that spawns another Cannon, as well as the treasure that gives extra attack to your minions when you use Hero Power.

For the Cannoneer, there is that 4/3 which gives you an additional Cannon. There is a 6 mana 3/9 rush minion which causes your cannons to shoot whenever it attacks. Cannon positioning won me 2 games (last 2). And lastly, there is a passive treasure which says, 'When you fire your cannons, give your minions +1 attack for that turn'. I took down 7th boss from 33 health in one turn thanks to that passive.

It is the only one I completed so far. 

I made it to last boss with Tess, but then lost to 16 attack Kingsbane.

Houndmaster Shaw seems very hard, or I got bad buckets overall.

I've only beaten with Cannonneer so far - Lord Godfrey was a pushover.

I can make it to the fight before the final boss most of the time but I can't quite make that final push.

• Like 1

I enjoy the Hunts quite a lot!

I managed Cannonner + Houndmaster on the first try.
Tinker und thrid try.

Tess: 2 tries, not successful until now.

Houndmaster: IMO the Treasure that gives your hounds +2 attack is underrated. It is rated as "good". IMO it is the best treasure. Sure, +1 manacrystal is great. But getting a 3/1 rush minion for 2 mana is just awesome. 3/1 rush for 2 mana is great value - AND you don't need a card. Strong earlygame and in the lategame it is still decent. And you have more cards to play because you usually go for the 3/1 option (next to) every turn.

Okay, cleared the damn thing:

Tess: first try. Go Jade or go home. It was already the case in K&C, it is even more the case now.

Crowley: second try and I would have done it the first try if I'd realized the cannons resetted, dumbass that I am for going too fast

Shaw: third try. Double Lunar Signet + Savannah Finemanes = win!

Toki: stopped counting. Absolutely everything that is wrong with Hearthstone in one balls-to-the-walls insane RNG crapshot. Never, ever again!

Hagatha. First try. Just lol. Completely anticlimatic.

In conclusion: previous experience with K&C's dungeon run makes this one too short and too simple. The only one really feeling challenging was Shaw (Toki is just a joke where you take a hundred coins, throw them and hope eighty or more fall on tails). Oh well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I got Shaw down on my second try while working on the initial card pack quest. Unleash the hounds is really strong for Shaw, especially if you already have the wolf up with beast damage buff.

Having really bad luck with Cannoneer and I'm just not gelling with Toki or Tess.

511 monsters on Toki.  I get to Vitus and get pummeled.  I've only got to Future Toki 4 times.  The latest, I had 5 Cinderstorms, 4 Magic Missiles, and Drew 1 of each.  My draws on Vitus have been nothing short of atrocious. Oh, and by the way I also had, Mages Robe, Double Time, Enhance O Matic, and Cartographer.  Seriously does the AI have it out for me ?.  I've completed the other 3, much easier.  Anybody have an answer?