Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

This is what I'd like to see change with the L75s:

Okay, instead of changing bombs entirely, imagine this:

Arcane gets Nether Tempest
Fire gets Living Bomb
Frost gets Frost Bomb

Strip away the tooltips from them.

Tooltips are now decided by the choice of talent in the L75 tree.

Glittering Charge: Your mage bomb now deals x damage over y sec. Each time it deals damage, an additional 50% of that damage is also dealt to a random target within 10 yards.

Explosive Power: Your mage bomb deals x damage over y sec. When this effect ends, or the target dies, it explodes to deal an additional z damage to the target and all other enemies within 10 yards. Limit 3 targets.

Focused Energy: After x sec, your mage bomb explodes, dealing y damage to the primary target, and z damage to all other targets within 10 yds.

--

From that point, you just choose how your bomb works, but each spec retains a bit of its identity. At that point, nothing really is different, it just feels different.

A possible change, which would be interesting to add to spec functionality would be:

Arcane: Chance to restore mana on bomb explosion or tick.
Fire: Chance to refresh ignite on bomb explosion or tick.
Frost: Chance to slow targets and drop an icy boulder on explosion or tick.

It's an interesting idea, but sadly, Blizzard would never go for it, it's too "cookie-cutter" for them.

I actually like this idea and should be submitted as a suggestion to Blizzard!

I always feel so warm when I have to cast LB as a frost mage :D Too warm even.

Dat hurts PvP a good bit. With how many kicks are still in the game if you get unlucky or the other person is just flat out good, there goes your spell casting for any damage at all and all you can do is poly/cs/spellsteal.

Maybe if Blizz rehauls all the tools everyone has at their disposal it wouldn't really hurt mages in PvP, but when your frostbolt gets kicked, you cant just go and toss out your bomb spell on the target because you're locked. As easy at it may sound to juke an opponent's interrupt, there are usually 2 (or 3 with a rshammy/hpally/mw monk), and multiple classes have multiple interrupts (dk, warrior, rogue), so even with silences getting DRed you'd be completely out of damage. Sad day :(

Other than the thought of that PvP nerf it actually sounds pretty cool.

A simple glyph could alleviate the PvP concern. Or the spells could be spellfire, spellflame, and frostfire by default, or by glyph.

Always a workable solution for those types of concerns. The idea is things become more thematic.

Edited by Akraen

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Arcere
      Evening fellow spell chuckers!
      - Logs (Entire HC Farm Raid)
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RPZK8MngjtWTAzry#boss=-2&difficulty=0&type=damage-done&source=2
      - Armoury Link
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/argent-dawn/arcere
      - Rotation
      Icy Veins recommended (Glacial Spike). Talents as seen in Armoury.
      - Issue
      Disparity between fights, parsing blue on some and green on others and general underperformance DPS-wise.
      Not very talented with Logs Analysis I will be honest, but I have oftentimes fewer casts which could be attributed to moving too much/panicking during mechanics and sometimes the spells appear to not hit as hard by average.
      Some suspect some fights hold my lower than normal FPS as a partial contributor to my low DPS, but I am certain it's purely a rotational/skill combination error on my part, or not utilizing my tools as I should.
      I run Shard of Exodar and Sephuz as it is the best combination according to SimCraft and I have optimized the gear with what I have using the same tool.
      Shattercapped (by far, a little too far) and Haste approx 35%.

Please send help, as I am breaking my brain with what I am doing wrong! 

Thank you in advance!

• By Kastaleepu
      Hi!
      I would like to ask somethng about ice lance and other procs aswell.
      To maximize dps, should you always try to get rid of Fingers of Frost procs with ice lances? And if you get flurry proc, do you want to get rid of ice lance procs before casting flurry + lance combo?
      I am not sure how much icicles and maximizing their damage output before dumping them affects your damage.
      Thank you
    • By capimeista
      hello everyone,
      i feel like im doing way to low dmg in my hc raids could some of you take a look at my logs and see if im doing something wrong.
      i already know my legendary ice time isnt the best but i dont have another.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dXFRr843LvBVNTpk/#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=5
      my thanks.